• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boy arrested for Slamming Chair @ MP Off

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, you will realise that every setback you encounter will be your own fault. Can't get a job, it is your fault. Can't find any jobs that suit your skills and pay reasonably, it is your fault. Can't cope with the stress, it is your fault. It is amazing that some very important person once said that Singapore's greatest resource is its people or maybe he meant just the leaders since they must be highly valued as they are paid huge sums of money. I can only attribute the situation in Singapore to two causes:

1) The leaders try as hard as possible to avoid blame. This is because any blame sticking to them will lose them votes and they need to appear invincible to hold on to power. In order to avoid any blame, all responsibility for problems must be shifted somewhere. That is why you see the leaders blaming the peasants for so many issues, even issues that the peasants have no way of solving by themselves (issues that no one has any solutions for).

2) The leaders have not experienced real failures in life and thus do not understand that life is full of ups and downs. Most (if not all) of the ministers come from careers that do not expose them to real life. In Singapore, the track to success is defined very narrowly and if you fell off the track or do not wish to follow the track, then you are branded as a failure.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, you will realise that every setback you encounter will be your own fault. Can't get a job, it is your fault. Can't find any jobs that suit your skills and pay reasonably, it is your fault. Can't cope with the stress, it is your fault.

Of course what, even when a dangerous prisoner escaped also your fault what.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am waiting for a murder or (dog)man-slaughter to happen and it is unstoppable. Can happen any time.

BINGO!

Many people in coffee-shops were saying that this evening at Bedok hawker center.

Greta minds think alike.

My take is if dont want to help then dont help. Dont pretend to help and pretend to care. They think everyone stupid.

Already warned them months ago their "pian gi na" days are over. This time is really took a "gi na" to prove me right.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the problem with the welfare system. The needy always has to jump through a series of hoops as in a circus in order to get a few measly $ from welfare aid. No one in parliament batted an eyelid when Temasek lost S$58B, but they will debate for hours over a mere S$30 increase in welfare aid.
Australia doesn't have the reserves that our government often boasted of, but no questions are asked when they dish out welfare to the needy; and we are not talking about a few miserly dollars.
This is another area this government has failed very badly.

Is it really an apple to apple comparison? I suppose we can in Singapore dish out welfare to the needy and not ask any questions - such as who pays for it?

The govt of Australia does not fund the welfare system. Its taxpayers do.

just assume that your monthly CPF contributions end up as welfare contributions to the needy instead of financing the pigeonholes and you'll get an idea of what taxes in Australia are like.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When asking question , our Million dollar MP must be more empathising ! Their tone must be down a bit. You cant help the poor when your tone of voice is like talking down to ppl. Even a 17 yr oold boy felt humiliated by MPs asking question.

even a low IQ boy got back bone! what are we doing here kpkb? maybe he is low IQ thats y he throw the chair, but we normal people don't dare to throw chair. at least we can vote them out!!! sad to say, i think most of you here kpkb liao will still vote for MIW. for those who kpkb here and don't dare to vote them out, you can go and die. :oIo:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erection time is near...

Let the chee bye PAPigs know that they no longer can fool us any longer by casting our vote of disgust for them and our votes for the opposition if they are contesting in any wards.

These chee bye PAPigs needs to poked in their ass to remind them that Singapore is not theirs to run as they like... If they cannot do a good job out of it, then move one side and let others try...

FUCK PAP and all their Jiat Liao Bee doggies and bitches!!!

!&^#@%^%%$#$@^%@%*&(&(!~!

Even the worst form of vulgarities in this world cannot fully express my disgust for the PEE-AAA-PEE assholes!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

singaporebomb

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid people vote for stupid people...anyway,the conversion comes for them.2 new votes for the oppositions.

from this:smile::smile:

to this
:oIo::oIo:

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are after all, just a representation of Singaporeans' mindset at large. Whether we grow or wither, whether we are empowered to do anything or not, it depends on the power and will given to us by Singaporeans' votes.

Goh Meng Seng

Dear GMS

There are many who actually do vote opposition
There are many more who will given the right message to rally around
No one seems able to do the rallying

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
And yet some expats working here, such as one Anthony Fulwood who lives in an executive HDB flat, advises us to resolve issues with our MPs instead of complaining on the internet.

This incident goes toward explaining why ordinary Singaporeans like us do not want to approach the PAP MPs for help.

ask mp for help? I rather start a coup LOL

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My own thoughts on this latest expression of rage against an MP- long time ago, there was a man who went up to Dr Ahmad Mattar and punched him in the face. Then the Seng Han Thong incident and then the Phua Chee Bye incident. This time another Pua Chee Bye saga. The list goes on.

Going by official reports, these people are ungrateful, criminally violent mentally disturbed etc etc.No prizes for guessing the outcome that awaits them.
But going by common sense and logic, these are genuine cases of desperate troubled souls crying out for financial help and other forms of assistance. It doesn't help that these people are lowly educated and non-elites. Pride and dignity no longer jold any meaning for them. They need food shelter and healthcare from a cold hard system of pay-for-everything. Nothing is for free! To make things worse, many goods and services are unafforadble for these non-elites. Some have gone on to commit suicides. The rest commit crimes.
A few took it out on their MPs who think too highly of themselves! A big 0 for EQ!:(

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
even a low IQ boy got back bone! what are we doing here kpkb? maybe he is low IQ thats y he throw the chair, but we normal people don't dare to throw chair. at least we can vote them out!!! sad to say, i think most of you here kpkb liao will still vote for MIW. for those who kpkb here and don't dare to vote them out, you can go and die. :oIo:

I did start to vote against them since the last election and I'll continue to vote against them until they become a nightmare of the past.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your bleeding heart liberal politics will only result in 1 auntie getting $1,600 and 5 aunties jobless and Singapore getting dirtier.

Nothing can defeat the laws of demand and supply.

Hong Kong is planning to make laws on minimum wage at above HK$4000 which is about S$800 or more, priced at HK$33 per hour, roughly S$6.50 per hour. The foreign maids are fighting to be included in the minimum wage legislation. But I think they should think twice because their present pay includes lodging and meals while minimum pay for Hong Kongers do not include that.

It is a shame that our country is allowing such exploitation to go on.

Goh Meng Seng

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welfare should be scrapped totally.

Australia is big and can survive without reserves. Singapore is small and without reserves can be wiped out. The reserves must be used to keep the economy going not feeding people who can't live within their means.

This is the problem with the welfare system. The needy always has to jump through a series of hoops as in a circus in order to get a few measly $ from welfare aid. No one in parliament batted an eyelid when Temasek lost S$58B, but they will debate for hours over a mere S$30 increase in welfare aid.
Australia doesn't have the reserves that our government often boasted of, but no questions are asked when they dish out welfare to the needy; and we are not talking about a few miserly dollars.
This is another area this government has failed very badly.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they had gone that route, Singapore would be in debt rather than being up $300 billion in CASH AND GOLD alone.

Please don't talk cock lah!

Our CPF monies belong to who? Please answer.

What is this adjustment of minimum sum over the years from $40K to $120K? Inflation? S'pore salaries got adjust for inflation like that or not?

Rising of withdrawal age for whose benefit?

If not for peoples' monies in CPF, you think they can boast got $300B reserves?

Even that, till today, still NOBODY knows what our $300B consists of.

Go back and look after your MPs masters in MTP sessions lah. Later babies also want to shit in their faces.