• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boy arrested for Slamming Chair @ MP Off

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
My heart goes out to that family. Mdm Cynthia Phua was obviously heeding Dr Vivian Balakrishnan's advice when he reportedly said that "a little tension in the system is good".

That's no way to treat people in general, much less your own citizen! :mad:

This is the problem with the welfare system. The needy always has to jump through a series of hoops as in a circus in order to get a few measly $ from welfare aid. No one in parliament batted an eyelid when Temasek lost S$58B, but they will debate for hours over a mere S$30 increase in welfare aid.
Australia doesn't have the reserves that our government often boasted of, but no questions are asked when they dish out welfare to the needy; and we are not talking about a few miserly dollars.
This is another area this government has failed very badly.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
expected the PAP MP to sympathise with the public?

Cythnia Phua? She terrified even she did not hear the threat on the phone, this time smash chair,,,, she lau jio or lau sai?

CCB, look down on people that vote her in,,,,

Maybe next time no chance to vote her out because of such cases,,,,, no chosen to run

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone who has expressed their discontent at the PAP either has low IQ or is certified crazy

Quality news reporting again

This is how they justify sending that person to IMH, over there, they can give "Treatment" to make sure he comes out mad.

Despotic states like Soviet Union during Starlin era do that all the time.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot blame the opposition..Need more farmers, than scholars, as MP....
can understand the poor & average Joe better.

Seek help from MP & yet kenna grilled...like a criminal....

We are after all, just a representation of Singaporeans' mindset at large. Whether we grow or wither, whether we are empowered to do anything or not, it depends on the power and will given to us by Singaporeans' votes.

Goh Meng Seng

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
when one is lowering his head to beg, he even have the face to make a scene?! what kind of attitude is this? exactly this is due to his health problem. and for majority of local, one do not ask for help unless one has no other choices and problems faced is beyond one's ability to cope. i had lived without 10 dollars in my possession before, and know how desperate one could be. there are people who take advantages asking for helps, like i had seen on tv, bought a bigger hdb flat which was beyond one's financial ability and asked gov for help. in this case, the woman earns only $400. do you think it would be enough for a family of two in singapore?

our heart are made of flesh. and i am looking forward to the verdict of the appropriate punishment to this young man. could it be jail with 24 strokes of cane of rattan?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the problem with the welfare system. The needy always has to jump through a series of hoops as in a circus in order to get a few measly $ from welfare aid. No one in parliament batted an eyelid when Temasek lost S$58B, but they will debate for hours over a mere S$30 increase in welfare aid.
Australia doesn't have the reserves that our government often boasted of, but no questions are asked when they dish out welfare to the needy; and we are not talking about a few miserly dollars.
This is another area this government has failed very badly.

the reason australia does not have reserves the size of singapore, is because singapore does not have to dish out welfare to the needy.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
very clear cut case of power abuse.

why aint i surprised. these are the type of people you voted for, drawing their fat million dollar paychecks at your expense without any conscience to boot.

Their paycheck takes precedence over everything else. At the expense of your welfare, at the expense of your basic human rights.

Hence the FT policy, CPF, discrimination against the locals, POA, and double/triple standards in SG courts...

Wasn't it clear enough?

Last edited:

yogi1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
wats wrong with $400 pay, she has the dignity to work despite her age.PRC willing to do it for 300$ u noe.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
another brainwashed fuck.

either that, or

a PAP / PRC cocksucker.

1973, aldry so old still can't think?

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This wat happens when MPs are all Elite, they dont know how to relate to poor ordinary people.

Damn these people are not compassionate at all.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
very clear cut case of power abuse.

why aint i surprised. these are the type of people you voted for, drawing their fat million dollar paychecks at your expense without any conscience to boot.

Their paycheck takes precedence over everything else. At the expense of your welfare, at the expense of your basic human rights.

Hence the FT policy, CPF, discrimination against the locals, POA, and double/triple standards in SG courts...

Wasn't it clear enough?

i really hope sgpreans wake up and do the right thing!

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
MPS is a very frustrating and infuriating experience. It might be created to help people at first, but all the MPs and dogs are just going through the motions now.

Once I went to complain about something. My MP Gan Kim Yong wasn't even there - his dogs were doing the work. They were bloody discourteous to me, as if a young big sized man has no right to complain. There were 3 of them in the office, one was even lying on the sofa and making snide remarks. Their tone was "it's not even worth complaining so shut up." One year later I was shocked to read about Gan's PROMOTION.

Yes, peasants are made to beg and grovel before their MP would help them. So what's the real problem here? Automatic welfare systems and standards are not in place. In a 1st world cuntry, benefits and welfare are automatic, no one needs to see the MP unless it's a serious matter.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>>U slam other peasants I donch care. But if u dare hurt my royal buddies physically or emotionally, I guarantee that u'll kena the wrath of my poodles! <<<<<

you mean kena the wrath of his PROSTITUTES.

Singa Crew

Alfrescian
Loyal
And yet some expats working here, such as one Anthony Fulwood who lives in an executive HDB flat, advises us to resolve issues with our MPs instead of complaining on the internet.

This incident goes toward explaining why ordinary Singaporeans like us do not want to approach the PAP MPs for help.