• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boy arrested for Slamming Chair @ MP Off

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Boy arrested for Slamming Chair @ MP Off</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>SGNEWSALTE <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:15 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>12869.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Another case of frustration against fuckup PAP MP. This time it is Cynthia Phua who scolded the poor mother and son when they see her for financial assistance, and the boy (who has low IQ & suffers from "thalassermia") got so frustrated that he slam a chair agains the glass door of the room. Cynthia Phua then promptly called the police to arrest the boy.
http://singaporemind.blogspot.com/2009/05/boy-arrested-for-slamming-chair-at-mp.html
Boy arrested for slamming chair at MP Office!

A 17 year-old-boy was arrested by the police for slamming a chair against a glass door at a meet-the-people session at Serangoon North. This happened after the boy and his mom walked out of MP Cynthia Phua's office. It is not clear what transpired in the office to trigger such rage but in an interview with the New Paper, the mother said that Cynthia Phua had asked his son a series of questions : "Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you not working?". The mother explained that she wanted to answer the questions but was not given a chance. The mother and son said that they felt like they were "being scolded". The mother was working as a cleaner at $400 a month salary (Singapore has no minimum wage laws) and lost her income when she broke her wrist fixing a ceiling fan. As there is no comprehensive safety net in Singapore she had to go to the MP office wait in line for help. She goes to the MP office every month for aid. In this MPS, she had defaulted on her HDB loan and HDB threatens to repossess the flat and give her a rental unit but she cannot afford the $138 rental deposit & stamp duty. She was at the MP office to get MP Phua's signature for an appeal letter. Although the request was granted, the mother and son said they walked out of the office feeling like they have been put down.
"I had to ask some pointed questions about his employment status to understand the root cause of the problem, so that I can be more effective in helping them" - Cynthia Phua

I thought that the root cause of the problem is the govt opening the floodgates for foreign workers to depressed the wages of our low income workers and the refusal to set a minimum wage. ...may be Cynthia should be asking her own party pointed questions instead.
"From what I understand, Madam Phua was being very motherly and very helpful inside the room with them" - MP Lim Hwee Hua
According to the New Paper, the 17 year old boy has low IQ and suffers from thalassermia which renders him weak and sickly. He may be charged in court for "committing a rash act" which carries a fine of up to $2500 and a jail term of up to 6 months.
I wonder what we gain out of making needy people in our society seek aid this way : cutting it into small little pieces and making poor people go all over the place to make multiple requests from many different agencies. Isn't it clear that a woman making $400 a month with a sick kid will need help with housing, utilities, medical care and food the moment she loses her job? So she is made to 'tackle' the HDB which threatens to take her flat, Singapore Power which cuts her utilities, go apply for medical aid separately when she is sick and visits the MP for piecemeal financial help every month. Maybe the govt believes that putting obstacles to help can make being poor so painful people are motivated to get rich - not working lah, the number of poor people have been growing year after year. For a govt that prides itself for being efficient, they have the most inefficient way of helping the poor euphemistically called the "many helping hands" approach...it is more like "the many obstacles" approach.
You would think a govt that pursued policies that resulted in the biggest income gap among east asian economies - by opening the floodgates to cheap foreign labor, regressive taxation such as GST, and allowing state owned monopolies to increase profits by raising prices for transport, utilities etc - would feel responsible for increase in number of people who cannot cope with rising prices and falling wages. Hong Kong has a comprehsive social safety net, Taiwan has universal healthcare...and poor Singaporeans continue to struggle because its govt cannot overcome its own ideological barriers and doesn't want to fix a problem that it has caused.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wong_Kan_Seng.jpg

U slam other peasants I donch care. But if u dare hurt my royal buddies physically or emotionally, I guarantee that u'll kena the wrath of my poodles!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>I wonder what we gain out of making needy people in our society seek aid this way : cutting it into small little pieces and making poor people go all over the place to make multiple requests from many different agencies. <<<

9sse3s.jpg

So that I can have a few more dollars to punt the market? *hee*hee*

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone who has expressed their discontent at the PAP either has low IQ or is certified crazy

Quality news reporting again

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
just set up a help counter and mended by machines with the forms to fill and a print out of :"notification will be given for successful applicant" bearing the query number and the date of application. what for to face the danger to meet the people with hazzards of virus spreading and acts of danger to life?

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
My heart goes out to that family. Mdm Cynthia Phua was obviously heeding Dr Vivian Balakrishnan's advice when he reportedly said that "a little tension in the system is good".

That's no way to treat people in general, much less your own citizen! :mad:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
$400 for a cleaner job! Must well goto Hong Kong and become house maid with minimum pay of HK$3580 which is about S$700 per month, with lodging and meals all paid for by employers! Gosh!

Goh Meng Seng

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most aunties in Singapore are earning this price as cleaner...
Unless Sg laws make it mandatory for min. wage guideline!

$400 for a cleaner job! Must well goto Hong Kong and become house maid with minimum pay of HK$3580 which is about S$700 per month, with lodging and meals all paid for by employers! Gosh!

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Most aunties in Singapore are earning this price as cleaner...
Unless Sg laws make it mandatory for min. wage guideline!

Hong Kong is planning to make laws on minimum wage at above HK$4000 which is about S$800 or more, priced at HK$33 per hour, roughly S$6.50 per hour. The foreign maids are fighting to be included in the minimum wage legislation. But I think they should think twice because their present pay includes lodging and meals while minimum pay for Hong Kongers do not include that.

It is a shame that our country is allowing such exploitation to go on.

Goh Meng Seng

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong is planning to make laws on minimum wage at above HK$4000 which is about S$800 or more, priced at HK$33 per hour, roughly S$6.50 per hour. The foreign maids are fighting to be included in the minimum wage legislation. But I think they should think twice because their present pay includes lodging and meals while minimum pay for Hong Kongers do not include that.

It is a shame that our country is allowing such exploitation to go on.

Goh Meng Seng

Shame! that you or any of the oppositions, can not stop this exploitation...:mad:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Shame! that you or any of the oppositions, can not stop this exploitation...:mad:

We are after all, just a representation of Singaporeans' mindset at large. Whether we grow or wither, whether we are empowered to do anything or not, it depends on the power and will given to us by Singaporeans' votes.

Goh Meng Seng

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he is indeed suffering from Thalassemia they won't have to lock him up for very long - I think he is already past the average lifespan of such sufferers. And Ms Phua has the gall....

Do you all think the boy is too young to be locked away in IMH for life?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah! If she get $400 probably she only works 2 hrs aday!! Lazy ppl only want to ask money from the goverment!! I hope u become MP one day, I will pour petrol on brainless ppl like you! :oIo:

Wa! Goh Meng Seng, you can report this to police! Then he will end up like the Cythia Phua case. Except this time, he will be the ganna charge one. And you will be Cythis Phua!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
When asking question , our Million dollar MP must be more empathising ! Their tone must be down a bit. You cant help the poor when your tone of voice is like talking down to ppl. Even a 17 yr oold boy felt humiliated by MPs asking question.

But since they are paid so well , how can they empathise with Lesser mortal ? I can empathise with MP Cynthia Phua. That is becos , to them , there are no poor ppl in Singapore. To them , there are only lazy ppl in Singapore.

PAP machinery has really ttaught them well !