• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best curry mee is back at Hong Lim Hawker Centre

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at Penang's Gurney drive foodstreet a couple of days ago. Their CKT and Fried Oyster somehow taste better than SG. Wife say maybe because they uses duck eggs instead of chicken eggs. Also like their fruit rojak (except the tau gwa in it which I hate).

Penang laksa also quite nice. Lastly, chendol is simply fantastic especially when eating it to complete the whole dinner package.

Tried the famous Guerney Drive's Bak Kut teh? The one from Carnation.. Best Bak Kut Teh ever for me..

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at Penang's Gurney drive foodstreet a couple of days ago. Their CKT and Fried Oyster somehow taste better than SG. Wife say maybe because they uses duck eggs instead of chicken eggs. Also like their fruit rojak (except the tau gwa in it which I hate).

Penang laksa also quite nice. Lastly, chendol is simply fantastic especially when eating it to complete the whole dinner package.

ANything with duck egg are nice, dunno why SG die die wont import duck eggs, pissed. Penang CKT is definitely better than SG version, never like SG CKT, use sweetness to cover the whole dish... omg....

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried the famous Guerney Drive's Bak Kut teh? The one from Carnation.. Best Bak Kut Teh ever for me..

Sigh, too many good food, too few of us. Actually stayed there for 2 nights and wanted to go Gurney drive for both nights but too bad it rained on the first night. In the end only went to Gurney drive on the 2nd night.

Only tried CKT, fried oyster, fruit salad, penang laksa and chendol and oh my, all was very tasty.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Penang was or still is my second choice of retirement destination. Not only food, zha boh also very chio.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ANything with duck egg are nice, dunno why SG die die wont import duck eggs, pissed. Penang CKT is definitely better than SG version, never like SG CKT, use sweetness to cover the whole dish... omg....

What if I smuggle few duck eggs from Malaysia to Spore in the car? Will I be fined alot?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know duck eggs banned in SG, any idea why was it banned? Cannot be high cholesterol rite?

The ban really silly.. People got the right to eat what eggs they want.. Even this kind of thing also the Gahmen wants to control..

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The ban really silly.. People got the right to eat what eggs they want.. Even this kind of thing also the Gahmen wants to control..

suspected to contain a cancer causing sudan iv chemical. better avoid esp those from china.

i think malaysian imports still okay lah...china's imports please be careful.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
suspected to contain a cancer causing sudan iv chemical. better avoid esp those from china.

Actually there're many benefits of having duck eggs.. But must eat it in moderation.. Duck eggs are known to have many proteins that is good for our body..

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
bros....i think kopiuncle is correct. Bloody PRC guys can fake all sorts of things. Be careful what you consume especially if from China.

They have no care or regard for lives as long as they make some money.

Didn't know duck eggs banned in SG, any idea why was it banned? Cannot be high cholesterol rite?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bros....i think kopiuncle is correct. Bloody PRC guys can fake all sorts of things. Be careful what you consume especially if from China.

Yes.. I tend to avoid any stuff from China.. Must not take any risk when it concerns food related products from them.. But agree with Kopi Uncle.. Think Malaysia could be ok since their food safety regulations are on par with Spore's..

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

selamat pagi bang..just be more careful. these guys fed the ducks with a dye sudan iv to make the egg yolk look more red! this chemical is a known cancer-causing agent. so bros, pls be careful.

frankly i eat plenty of salted duck's eggs with my teochew porridge.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
selamat pagi bang....kerja la sekarang. Saya tak makan telur la.. Havnt had chix or ducks eggs for quite some time liao.

Mebbe a bit of chix egg is char kway teow but thats it.

I try to avoid stuff from china becos of their poor reputation.

selamat pagi bang..just be more careful. these guys fed the ducks with a dye sudan iv to make the egg yolk look more red! this chemical is a known cancer-causing agent. so bros, pls be careful.

frankly i eat plenty of salted duck's eggs with my teochew porridge.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
selamat pagi bang....kerja la sekarang. Saya tak makan telur la.. Havnt had chix or ducks eggs for quite some time liao.

Mebbe a bit of chix egg is char kway teow but thats it.

I try to avoid stuff from china becos of their poor reputation.

take care bang....kerja happy happy ok...saya ada lunch date with this chantek chantek gf....makan baik bang :-)