• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best curry mee is back at Hong Lim Hawker Centre

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While you are there, try also the char kuay tiow and give us a FR. There are 3 famous stalls: the Outram Park, the Hill Street and the Fatty stalls.

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is a Mor Mee? lol

kekekek paiseh....typing error it should be Lor Mee 鹵麵 :biggrin:

T%2526T-lormee-bukitpurmei-01.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crappy prawn noodles there, lol

Which prawn Noodle did you eat? the one, the very old stall from Hokkien Street, the one, years ago started with the chilli powder? or those pretending to be the best?

That Food Center, I know only the following:

1. The curry noodle, downstairs
2. The Crayfish Hor Fun
3. The Hokkien Praw Noodle Soup
4. The Char Kway Teow
5. The Dumplings shop.."bak chang"

Numbers 1, 2, 4, long queue, "Bak Chang", sometimes closed & it is now $3 for one average, Crayfish Hor Fun Have to go their before 12pm sometimes, sold out very quickly.

jw5

Loyal
kekekek paiseh....typing error it should be Lor Mee 鹵麵 :biggrin:

imo, good lor mee stall is at golden mile food centre (the same stall that supposed to be voted number 1 bak chor mee stall sometime ago)...............

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, i've been eating tiong Bahru lor mee almost once every sunday when my wifey went there for her weekly marketing but i don't find it very good. tks for your suggestion anyway :smile:

Old airport HC got one claim to be tiong bahru lor mee....fake or real? Got queue also but lose out to the number 1 xin mei xiang's long queue

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imo, good lor mee stall is at golden mile food centre (the same stall that supposed to be voted number 1 bak chor mee stall sometime ago)...............

That one claim to be 古早味....but not to my liking....anyway the HC now closed for renovations

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old airport HC got one claim to be tiong bahru lor mee....fake or real? Got queue also but lose out to the number 1 xin mei xiang's long queue

Old Airport Road Health Centre, was worried for a while, ha ha ha. Went to eat at the famous Lor Mee, each time I got there, it was closed, ask one of the stall owners, "how come, always closed"? , it seems that the stall owner children have grown up, so, they open , whenever they like, true?

The so-called Tiong Bahru one is passable, the other I forgot the name, manned by two PRC woman, not good.

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,

That one is not bad too. If you dont want to queue at xin mei xiang and need to satisfy your lor mee fix, eat this also can.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Airport Road Health Centre, was worried for a while, ha ha ha. Went to eat at the famous Lor Mee, each time I got there, it was closed, ask one of the stall owners, "how come, always closed"? , it seems that the stall owner children have grown up, so, they open , whenever they like, true?

The so-called Tiong Bahru one is passable, the other I forgot the name, manned by two PRC woman, not good.

the original tiong bahru owner is retired. her daughter now has a stall in a coffee shop at bukit batok st 11 Blk 158 (next to a bee hoon stall with super long queue).

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,

Only open in morning and I think till lunchtime. Dinner time confirm closed.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which prawn Noodle did you eat? the one, the very old stall from Hokkien Street, the one, years ago started with the chilli powder? or those pretending to be the best?

That Food Center, I know only the following:

1. The curry noodle, downstairs
2. The Crayfish Hor Fun
3. The Hokkien Praw Noodle Soup
4. The Char Kway Teow
5. The Dumplings shop.."bak chang"

Numbers 1, 2, 4, long queue, "Bak Chang", sometimes closed & it is now $3 for one average, Crayfish Hor Fun Have to go their before 12pm sometimes, sold out very quickly.

The Fish soup corner stall 2nd floor (nearest to chinatown point) is nice and long queue also, 2nd floor also have wantan mee, voted by Stomp as the best wantan mee in SG (FishyPie's standard, LOL), next to the wantan mee stall there's a Hainanese Curry Rice, not bad also...

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come your lor mee got char siew one? I've never had that before........

there're some add char siew and some use fried fish with flour....the one at Redhill market uses char siew and tiong bahru one uses fried fish.

Thanks for your suggestions, i'll try one day if i happen to be there.