• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Being Honest

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mmmmm..... thread started in July.... Sorry for my late thoughts.

In real life, I will always be honest to MYSELF as well as others. The worrying trend is that those morons out there are lying to themselves as well as others.

I have seen some greatest liars of the century, see what happen to them today ?? As much as possible, I stay away from them. Besides, see who are these liars' close associates, why ? They are of the same feathers..... Therefore, I stay away from them, I still remain who I am and not "one of those liars and con men" !!

To those liars, I accord them with commercial etiquette. For the rest, I treat them as friends or allies.

Many years ago, I used to believe that honesty was the best policy and actually practised that in real life. no untruths, half truths, black lies, white lies, etc for me, too much trouble to hide and bluff.
But as I grow older and wiser, I realize that many a time, telling lies or untruths are ok, as long as you can get away with it and it serves your purpose or allows you to get your way. Of course not in the legal sense, but in any other situation, if you tell a lie and get what you want, so be it.
Agree or disagree? :rolleyes:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mean to go around telling lies in order to get benefits for yourself.
I simply mean not bothering to tell the truth to people who are fuckers. :smile:

Concurred. we live in a world of compromises and lies. And it's hard to tell the ruth all the time. We all have our own principles, I will respect yours for that.:smile:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i find myself saying truth most of the time. if situation needs me to say out things which i find it uncomfortable, i will just walk away.

but i believe it only works for my working environment for i am being shielded by a very good boss. i might not survive that well with this kind of attitude outside. i might be force to be a fox like all of you out there

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
i find myself saying truth most of the time. if situation needs me to say out things which i find it uncomfortable, i will just walk away.

but i believe it only works for my working environment for i am being shielded by a very good boss. i might not survive that well with this kind of attitude outside. i might be force to be a fox like all of you out there

What you say is very true. i think it's a matter of personal preference. I would prefer not to work in a backstabbing environment but not everyone is lucky enough to be able to choose.

Being honest also has to be matched with diplomacy. ha. Still learning!

jw5

Loyal

Oh of course if you have a good boss and colleagues, by all means be honest with them.
I mean not telling the truth to the fuckers out there, who wouldn't care whether you were alive or dead.

jw5

Loyal
Mmmmm..... thread started in July.... Sorry for my late thoughts.

In real life, I will always be honest to MYSELF as well as others. The worrying trend is that those morons out there are lying to themselves as well as others.

I have seen some greatest liars of the century, see what happen to them today ?? As much as possible, I stay away from them. Besides, see who are these liars' close associates, why ? They are of the same feathers..... Therefore, I stay away from them, I still remain who I am and not "one of those liars and con men" !!

To those liars, I accord them with commercial etiquette. For the rest, I treat them as friends or allies.
Important to be honest with yourself.
Self awareness is one of the most under-rated traits.
But what's the point of being honest with useless buggers? :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Important to be honest with yourself.
Self awareness is one of the most under-rated traits.
But what's the point of being honest with useless buggers? :smile:

bro,

a good dose of truth does wonders to those useless buggers sometimes :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

could help turn a useless bugger around and make him/her useful in time :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal
bro,

a good dose of truth does wonders to those useless buggers sometimes :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

could help turn a useless bugger around and make him/her useful in time :p:p:p
Those people live in self-deluded world.
They will never change and it's not worth our time and effort to try.
Better just to tell them a lie. :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh of course if you have a good boss and colleagues, by all means be honest with them.
I mean not telling the truth to the fuckers out there, who wouldn't care whether you were alive or dead.

If you consider them f*ckers, then why would you care about even talking to them?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, I used to believe that honesty was the best policy and actually practised that in real life. no untruths, half truths, black lies, white lies, etc for me, too much trouble to hide and bluff.
But as I grow older and wiser, I realize that many a time, telling lies or untruths are ok, as long as you can get away with it and it serves your purpose or allows you to get your way. Of course not in the legal sense, but in any other situation, if you tell a lie and get what you want, so be it.
Agree or disagree? :rolleyes:

Maybe let me cite an example.
Wife is overseas and one night the husband commits one night folly with another woman while he was drunk. When he woke up, he realised his folly. So do you think he should tell his wife as he really love his wife very much. He even avoid the woman and told her he has a wife.

So two situations. He told the woman the truth and not lie to her he does not have a wife. 2nd situation he decided not to tell his wife if not his wife will divorce him.

Ignorance is bliss. The truth may be too harsh for people to handle:wink:

jw5

Loyal
The 66.6% (in your context) could be happy staying here.

However, the 33.3% who are not deluded and if they are not happy staying here, why are they still here? They should have left.:o
Doesn't mean that you have to leave if you are not happy with the government right?
You could be here for other reasons.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe let me cite an example.
Wife is overseas and one night the husband commits one night folly with another woman while he was drunk. When he woke up, he realised his folly. So do you think he should tell his wife as he really love his wife very much. He even avoid the woman and told her he has a wife.

So two situations. He told the woman the truth and not lie to her he does not have a wife. 2nd situation he decided not to tell his wife if not his wife will divorce him.

Ignorance is bliss. The truth may be too harsh for people to handle:wink:

Alternatively, he can set up a blog like you did and ask his girl to read it thereby saving himself the trouble of confessing?

Coz according to JW5, one needn't tell the truth to losers and f*ckers.

Which brings us to: the people that JW5 lie to are by default losers and f*ckers in his opinion.

WELL DONE GUYS! KEEP THE LYING SPIRIT ALIVE AMONG SINKIE MALES!

jw5

Loyal
Alternatively, he can set up a blog like you did and ask his girl to read it thereby saving himself the trouble of confessing?

Coz according to JW5, one needn't tell the truth to losers and f*ckers.

Which brings us to: the people that JW5 lie to are by default losers and f*ckers in his opinion.

WELL DONE GUYS! KEEP THE LYING SPIRIT ALIVE AMONG SINKIE MALES!
Your logic confuses me.
I'm just a simple man who likes panties and telling lies. hehehe :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your logic confuses me.
I'm just a simple man who likes panties and telling lies. hehehe :smile:

Actually what you really like is to control people because you are insecure that they don't love you or that they'll leave you.

You also like talking to yourself under various guises, using various voices.

Just keep telling yourself that you are a simple guy. Telling lies and loving WL is just the tip of the iceberg. But I suppose it's too difficult to face yourself soberly and hence the need to hide behind all the guises?

You are a truly sad person and I no longer feel sorry for you.

Before you come up with some smart aleck reply, give yourself that tight slap you truly deserve.

Then have all the fun you want in Geylang.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's say you meet someone on the street whom you haven't seen in 5 years. He hasn't bothered to keep in touch, neither have you.
He stops you and wants to talk.
Would you stop to talk to him? What would you say? Would you dare to just ignore him and walk away?

If the situation is only that simple, then perhaps the answer would be a simple one.

Friendship is not about dare, but i don't suppose you realize that. You don't have real friends do you?

Even if you met someone who is a real friend, would you know that it's for real even when it's staring at you in your face?