• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Being Honest

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hey people can believe whatever they want, who are you to decide what they can or cannot believe in?

you christains are all the same ..got mouth to talk about others but no mouth to talk about yourself . who are you to tell me ? why cant i comment ? :biggrin: . when you understand why you dismiss others god , you will understand why others dismiss yours :biggrin:. If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be - a Christian.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
you christains are all the same ..got mouth to talk about others but no mouth to talk about yourself . who are you to tell me ? why cant i comment ? :biggrin: . when you understand why you dismiss others god , you will understand why others dismiss yours :biggrin:. If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be - a Christian.

i am a sinner...are you a sinner?

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will be honest to whoever i meet.. even it is a stranger... but once i feel something is wrong with the conversation or that person, i will just walk away... if not, i will fight back and be the DEVIL... :cool:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disagree.

Choosing not to be "too honest" may not be dishonest. Often, it's just being discerning. It's true that saying too much is not good, even if its all true as the truth isn't always good; that's when it pays to be discerning.

As for "must win" mindset of the fittest survive theory and its practice, those who survive better are those who cooperate, not fight. Here, honesty, or at least openness is important among the involved parties.

Cannot imagine a world where professionals lie and there is no law against fraud. The only reason why DIShonesty prevail is because society has no conscience and has regressed towards reptilian mentality.

At the end of the day, we cannot allow any one statement, policy, or dictum to govern every event/issue we come to face. Every one will have its own circumstances. Then we decide the level "honesty" that is needed.

I have told lies before and landed the job I wanted. I have told truths before, only to be rebuffed and shafted. But it doesn't matter. Honesty is still the best policy.

Cheers!

Many years ago, I used to believe that honesty was the best policy and actually practised that in real life. no untruths, half truths, black lies, white lies, etc for me, too much trouble to hide and bluff.
But as I grow older and wiser, I realize that many a time, telling lies or untruths are ok, as long as you can get away with it and it serves your purpose or allows you to get your way. Of course not in the legal sense, but in any other situation, if you tell a lie and get what you want, so be it.
Agree or disagree? :rolleyes:

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long there no attack on the conscience, then telling half truth is acceptable. The Truth hurt and some ppl cannot handle the truth. So being half truth is the best.:cool:

i honestly think STI will drop a lot more and this is a bear market rally

the truth hurts i know but please downgrade before you lose your job

major recession coming

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, I used to believe that honesty was the best policy and actually practised that in real life. no untruths, half truths, black lies, white lies, etc for me, too much trouble to hide and bluff.
But as I grow older and wiser, I realize that many a time, telling lies or untruths are ok, as long as you can get away with it and it serves your purpose or allows you to get your way. Of course not in the legal sense, but in any other situation, if you tell a lie and get what you want, so be it.

Just remember that one lie leads to another. It's like a cobweb, there's no turning back. Like it or not, it will end as a snare or a trap. One started it, one live with it. Infact everbody lies, the question is more or less and how good one is at it. No justification, essential or otherwise changes the fact that it's a falsehood to deceive. And the deceits go both ways. It's the moral in one's conscience that decide, if there ever was a policy on honesty.:p I can live with a lie but never with the evils that come along with it.:p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nope. I disagree. But if you tell - half truth or lie for the benefit of others or in view of long term benefit of others ( that requires wisdom), Then a LIe or half truth in that way is a good sense.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't think that nowadays ppl really care about honesty being the best policy. In this dog-eat-dog world, the survival of the fittest is paramount. The mindset is that if its gonna be in my advantage...so be it :(

Only sinkies view life as a Dog eat Dog world. They see pple as Dog and not as a human being. i truly understand why.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only sinkies view life as a Dog eat Dog world. They see pple as Dog and not as a human being. i truly understand why.

takes a sinkie to understand exactly how a sinkie feels..:biggrin:

u can take a sinkie out of singapore, but u can never that his sinkieness out..:biggrin:

i am being honest here..

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Throughout my life i lost count of the many times a white lie has benefited me, usually when salvaging a bad situation. People hate the truth, if it's unfavorable to them. Or sometimes they don't like a line of argument you're taking. So you lie to make your point more persuasive and everything works out fine.

jw5

Loyal
i only believe in being brutally honest to the people i truly care about, even if it might bring hurt to the other party, as long as i feel the other party could benefit from my honesty, why not? :wink:
on the other hand, if i don't care about the person, i wouldn't even waste my breath at all :biggrin:
Let's say you meet someone on the street whom you haven't seen in 5 years. He hasn't bothered to keep in touch, neither have you.
He stops you and wants to talk.
Would you stop to talk to him? What would you say? Would you dare to just ignore him and walk away?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That depends if he is a sinkie. If a sinkie, dun just keep quiet but run away from him/her as far away as possible.

jw5

Loyal
Throughout my life i lost count of the many times a white lie has benefited me, usually when salvaging a bad situation. People hate the truth, if it's unfavorable to them. Or sometimes they don't like a line of argument you're taking. So you lie to make your point more persuasive and everything works out fine.
I have realised that it doesn't matter whether the other bugger likes it or not.
It only matters if it suits you.