• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Being Honest

jw5

Loyal
Just remember that one lie leads to another. It's like a cobweb, there's no turning back. Like it or not, it will end as a snare or a trap. One started it, one live with it. Infact everbody lies, the question is more or less and how good one is at it. No justification, essential or otherwise changes the fact that it's a falsehood to deceive. And the deceits go both ways. It's the moral in one's conscience that decide, if there ever was a policy on honesty.:p I can live with a lie but never with the evils that come along with it.:p
Agree, but this is only applicable if it is a legal situation or if you care about the people or situation involved in your lies.
If you don't give a damn, do you even bother to worry that the lies are woven into a watertight story? :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's say you meet someone on the street whom you haven't seen in 5 years. He hasn't bothered to keep in touch, neither have you.
He stops you and wants to talk.
Would you stop to talk to him? What would you say? Would you dare to just ignore him and walk away?

You just said he hasn't bothered to keep in touch. The question is "Why"? I guess it's a nice gesture to stop and want to talk.

Five years is a very long time. I wouldn't know what to say unless the other person has something to say. So I'd probably walk away.

Because if he was so important, I'd probably have tried to keep in touch. But obviously, the other person doesn't bother so I'd assume it wasn't so important to the other person.

The other person has legs. He also has control about what he wants to do and can do if I should walk away. Do I dare to walk away? Can the other person live it down if we walk away from each other?

Being honest, as much as possible, leaves a person with a clearer conscience. We do live in a world where unfortunately, we have to tell white lies sometimes.

At the end of the day, can we face ourselves and the cobweb spun by the lies?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather not lie. For most times, I have kept faithfully to this belief.

Even if i do lie, it is usually to protect the other person's well-being. Not that that is a right choice or a justification for my behaviour.

There are times when i lie deliberately. For example, I do not fancy spending an evening in your company. I will just tell you I am busy.

jw5

Loyal
I rather not lie. For most times, I have kept faithfully to this belief.

Even if i do lie, it is usually to protect the other person's well-being. Not that that is a right choice or a justification for my behaviour.

There are times when i lie deliberately. For example, I do not fancy spending an evening in your company. I will just tell you I am busy.
But you are not lying.
You are busy not wanting to be in my company. :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
But you are not lying.
You are busy not wanting to be in my company. :smile:

LOL. Yeah guys always bluff girls that they are busy (with other girls huh?). Like how girls say they wanna go for a walk but they actually want to go shopping!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Let's say you meet someone on the street whom you haven't seen in 5 years. He hasn't bothered to keep in touch, neither have you.
He stops you and wants to talk.
Would you stop to talk to him? What would you say? Would you dare to just ignore him and walk away?

heheh... if i have the time to catch up, why not? if i'm in a rush, i'll arrange for a future meet-up, since he has something to tell me, yeah, would definitely hang around for a minute or two to exchange contacts, folks change hp # like changing underwear these days... i've kept the same number since i first got mine :biggrin:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
heheh... if i have the time to catch up, why not? if i'm in a rush, i'll arrange for a future meet-up, since he has something to tell me, yeah, would definitely hang around for a minute or two to exchange contacts, folks change hp # like changing underwear these days... i've kept the same number since i first got mine :biggrin:

I've kept the same number too so that says a lot about friends who don't call doesn't it?
:cool:

Anyway with all the talk about honesty and dishonest, hi-bye catch-ups are pretty lame coz it could be another attempt to whitewash events.

I think if two people really hadn't communicated for so long, they really ought to sit down and have a long chat.

Try relating five years in a few minutes.

Lastly, I think it depends on whether we want to keep a friendship and all that.
After all, it's not easy to come by true friends and it's a pity to lose people just because they are no longer in the same sphere.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I've kept the same number too so that says a lot about friends who don't call doesn't it?
:cool:

i don't blame folks who doesn't make the effort to catch up, for i can understand the pressure this place is putting on them :p

i wouldn't say i'm well off enough to be able to sit idle and watch the world go by, i have my tasks to handle and i'm sure my friends need their time too. you're right to say that it is the intention of keeping the friendship, but we need to understand any relationship is based on 2-way communication. either party gets too busy, and for a long time, of course the friendship will wane. correct?

yeah, a long talk is always nice, bestest if it's over coffee or wine or food, but how many of my friends can afford the time? :biggrin:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't blame folks who doesn't make the effort to catch up, for i can understand the pressure this place is putting on them :p

i wouldn't say i'm well off enough to be able to sit idle and watch the world go by, i have my tasks to handle and i'm sure my friends need their time too. you're right to say that it is the intention of keeping the friendship, but we need to understand any relationship is based on 2-way communication. either party gets too busy, and for a long time, of course the friendship will wane. correct?

yeah, a long talk is always nice, bestest if it's over coffee or wine or food, but how many of my friends can afford the time? :biggrin:

Actually true friendship never wanes no matter how long it has been since two people last caught up.

If two people are too busy, emailing snippets day to day is a good start. The ball has to start rolling somehow.

Time waits for no man, who knows when our friends would pass on?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Actually true friendship never wanes no matter how long it has been since two people last caught up.

If two people are too busy, emailing snippets day to day is a good start. The ball has to start rolling somehow.

Time waits for no man, who knows when our friends would pass on?

emailing is too slow, i have them on IM :p

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, but this is only applicable if it is a legal situation or if you care about the people or situation involved in your lies.
If you don't give a damn, do you even bother to worry that the lies are woven into a watertight story? :smile:

In any regards, lying affects integrity. Though there' no need to live like a saint, never is there a need to live by corrupted vitues either. More often than not there's no need for the truth, just be honest, dont lie.:p

jw5

Loyal
LOL. Yeah guys always bluff girls that they are busy (with other girls huh?). Like how girls say they wanna go for a walk but they actually want to go shopping!!
These girls are not lying, they have to walk in order to shop.
They are simply twisting the truth, has been happening since Eve. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
In any regards, lying affects integrity. Though there' no need to live like a saint, never is there a need to live by corrupted vitues either. More often than not there's no need for the truth, just be honest, dont lie.:p
I don't mean to go around telling lies in order to get benefits for yourself.
I simply mean not bothering to tell the truth to people who are fuckers. :smile:

jw5

Loyal

I don't mean meeting good friends.
I am referring to chance meetings with people whom you have not even heard from for years and who just want to kpo or boast about certain things.
To hell with them, I say. :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am referring to chance meetings with people whom you have not even heard from for years and who just want to kpo or boast about certain things.

I don't mean to go around telling lies in order to get benefits for yourself.
I simply mean not bothering to tell the truth to people who are fuckers.

If calling the person loser or fucker make you feel better, than you should just phone and say it out loud instead of ranting here. Coward.

If you want to keep in touch, make your fingers do the job instead of dissing your friends.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no qualms with a few lies if I feel the means justify the end. People may disagree, but heck, I'm not exactly targetting heaven as my final destination :p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

heheh...

i don't mind folks bragging or kpo lah... can be quite fun to observe them once in a while sometimes :biggrin::p:biggrin::p