• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
325686.jpg

if i were you, i would stay in japan for longer. now you will get your feet wet. you will stay in tent for weeks.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
325672.jpg

Rats escaping the floodwater crowd together underneath the elevated tollway in Laksi district. THITI WANNAMONTHA

new thailand roadrunner companion.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as you all know that thailand is a dirty third world country, everywhere you see rubbish,now with flood water indunating the city, i expect the road runner to catch some water borne disease, as their immune system is weak due to cleaniness during youth in singapore. The smart road runner will run away, and come back when all clear, the dumb one stay behind.

Floods can potentially increase the transmission of the following communicable diseases:

Water-borne diseases, such as typhoid fever, cholera, leptospirosis and hepatitis A
Vector-borne diseases, such as malaria, dengue and dengue haemorrhagic fever, yellow fever, and West Nile Fever

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Master Ram, you are indeed in tune with the thai ways....
I figured that foreign mens' 'value' goes down once they can speak thai as the ladies of the night will see them as seasoned players to the scene.

Back when there were no foreign brand cigarettes in Thailand....when inside disco, all you need to do was place a pack of marlboros on the table and all the ladies will come flocking.

It's not really about low class or high class, as in context of deliberate snobbery. For example, a British hereditary lord speaks in an accent that sounds snobbish to your ears. But it's his natural accent. He's born and brought up speaking that way.

In Thailand, especially among WLs and ladies looking for a better future, it's a matter of necessity. They couldn't get any Thai man bearing any such hope unless they're in the aristocracy, politics or upper crust business circles. Frankly but crudely, come on and be true to yourself, look at the quality of common Thai men. I'd
disown my daughter if she goes for one of those, wouldn't you?

I've been to Patpong go-go bars countless times. Usually the girls are not interested as I began with speaking Thai and could easily pass off as local Thai. I don't feel offended or any inferiority complex since I know that's the way of the world, that's the way in Thailand. I'm not interested in booking them out anyway. I'm just passing time with a few drinks and watching dancing shows.

Once I was in this bar and chatted with my American colleague and we chatted in English, of course. Suddenly I became premium highly desirable for the go-go girls. So was my colleague, of course. But too bad for them and their misplaced efforts, I'm not into booking girls and sleeping with strangers. I just warded them off courteously and moved on to bring my colleague for some good Thai roadside supper.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I say these girls have lived outside of Thailand before? My Gf doesn't mind stout after I intro her to Kilkenny....but not so well travelled Thais generally does not like it.

yeah, but there are also a small percentage of thai gals who drink stout without living outside thailand, due to influence by peers who travel.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wd_flood.jpg

It turns out that Bang Pa in facility was submerged with 2 meters of water. This is the old Read- Write facility and I have been in it many times. The first floor is where most of the slider processing equipment was located. Most of the equipment was lost to the flood. They last saws, grinders, sorters, cleaners, steppers, alignment tool etc. It’s a real mess. This situation for WD is pretty bad because they had all their slider fabrication in one basket. It will take at least 4 months to start the recovery and a year to get back to where they were pre-flood. It looks like the high water will not recede for at least 3 weeks

Hard Drive Prices Continue To Rise Due To Flooding - WD Building Flooded
Hard drive prices have sky rocketed in recent weeks due to the tragic flooding over in Thailand. Western Digital is one of the hard drive companies that is impacted by the flooding and it appears to be pretty bad after looking at some pictures we came across on Forbes.com today. The water is reported as being 2 meters deep and the flood water won't recede for at least three weeks. After the water recedes it may take up to six months to replace the equipment and become fully operational! This is bad news for everyone!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everybody.

Its almost 7am now. I am making plans on how to get to my home. Not going to be easy. There will be 2 phases. Phase 1 is the hardest and its how to get a vehicle willing to drive me to Ramintra main road which is flooded from Laksi circle all the way to Soi 39 I heard.

Phase 2 will be easier and thats once I reach my soi whisch is Ramintra Soi 5 or even Soi 19, I will need a boat to carry me into my moobaan, I believe this is easier because I heard that there are such services in these small sois.

I need a high 4x4 for phase 1 will make phone calls.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everybody.

Its almost 7am now. I am making plans on how to get to my home. Not going to be easy. There will be 2 phases. Phase 1 is the hardest and its how to get a vehicle willing to drive me to Ramintra main road which is flooded from Laksi circle all the way to Soi 39 I heard.

Phase 2 will be easier and thats once I reach my soi whisch is Ramintra Soi 5 or even Soi 19, I will need a boat to carry me into my moobaan, I believe this is easier because I heard that there are such services in these small sois.

I need a high 4x4 for phase 1 will make phone calls.

get a helicopter!!!!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the Guiness stout offer! Are you sure you want to go home?? :confused: Looking at the current situation, Ramintra has just became part of the water diversion path to the east from Rangsit and so there's a possibility of being stuck in your home without water and electricity. Don't think the water level will go to extreme but movements will be very restricted.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm just curious. When your wife returns on the 8th and if suay suay the water around your Moobaan has yet to recede, and you're still putting up at Hazard chio boo's place....then how ah ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Club has appealed to members with pickup to help deliver relief supplies collected at the club to affected area in Cha Cheng Sao (neighboring province). Have made 2 trips yesterday and 2 more trip today after lunch. Club has also requested our pickups to stick decals of club's logo and most of us have no problem. However. some of the members who made 'major donations' also requested their business logos to be included as well. Most of the members rejected the idea as this exercise is conducted in the name of the club and not individual members.

Me and kakis are very disappointed when 2 senior executives of the club insisted we include the additional decals of the major contributors. We could have boycotted the move and drive our pickup home but didn't want to affect the original intention of the exercise. Seriously considering changing my nick after this exercise.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks for the Guiness stout offer! Are you sure you want to go home?? :confused: Looking at the current situation, Ramintra has just became part of the water diversion path to the east from Rangsit and so there's a possibility of being stuck in your home without water and electricity. Don't think the water level will go to extreme but movements will be very restricted.

Ok first, Don Muang and Rangsit this morning shows flooding level down. Very good sign. This means one thing, Ramintra will be next maybe tomorrow. At least maid told me this morning that water is stabilizing at home not rising.

Home has stock of drinking water for a month and clean water for 2-3 weeks. Also I have an electric generator with 120 litres of gasoline to run it for a very long time. Food also no problem at home, plenty.

I'm just curious. When your wife returns on the 8th and if suay suay the water around your Moobaan has yet to recede, and you're still putting up at Hazard chio boo's place....then how ah ?

Not possible la. I will go home this afternoon. I wanted to leave this morning but she asked me to stay for a few more days wait for water to go down. I told her I can't but settled at least have lunch outside before I leave. I can be a monk for 1-2 nights but after that I not sure. For wife I will ask her back only after flood and after cleaning up the house and putting everything back to normal.

So later after lunch she will drive me to the intersection of Ramintra and Ekkamia/Ramintra. I will bribe my way home. I'll be carrying only my small notebook backpack. Leaving my two big luggage of dirty clothes and shopping at her place as she will finish up my laundry, I'll collect it when flood gone.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What club you talking about ?

Is it Blue Oyster Club?

Ok jokes aside, chonburifc, Thai people thinking still very baanok, lucky they never put the papa logo, for me I straight away boycott like I boycott going to movies or any functions that make force me to stand.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What club you talking about ?
Look at my nick.
Is it Blue Oyster Club?

Ok jokes aside, chonburifc, Thai people thinking still very baanok, lucky they never put the papa logo, for me I straight away boycott like I boycott going to movies or any functions that make force me to stand.
The major donors are business owners in Chonburi and some from Pattaya. I do not have objections to sticking commercial decals of private businesses to the pickups but prefer they discuss this earlier with other members. It is very obvious they already have this planned all along. There's going to be a "Flood Relief presentation ceremony" tomorrow from the club top shots and a national player to the 'victims'. There is even rehearsal going on now. The whole thing too "wayang" and many of the members including myself really dislike it. Will not be attending the wayang ceremony tomorrow.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now in my club's cafe, back from a relief centre in Cha Cheng Sao. There are about 300 flood victim. Most of them are migrant workers previously working in Ayuthaya industrial estates and unable to return to their home province because their home is also flooded. Relief supplies currently enough for 1 month and top priority is actually baby food and medication. Relief centre is able to take in another 700 flood victim.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
canon , nikon and sony, western digital and all MNC should leave thailand, since it is a waterworld, a third world country which cannot manage their water and come to singapore.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi guys. I finally got home. I needed to spend 2000 baht to get home. Yes I may have paid too much but in the process I no need to get wet. was sent to Fashion Island. There I thought I could take a bus to Central Ramintra however bus 26 said flood too high so will turn at Watcharapon (Ekkamia/Ramintra). By the way this is the first time I take a bus in Thailand. I stopped before it turned. The only way I have was to continue to walk straight into Ramintra. Under the Ekkamia/Ramintra expressway there were a few big 10 wheelers waiting for their boss to instruct them to go into the flood to work. I got hold of one driver and said I will pay him if he takes me to Central Ramintra. He agree even without me offering any price. One I got up and he moved I said actually I needed to go into Soi 5 my moobaan. He immediately refused because water in small sois is very high. I said I will give him 2000baht. He immediately said ok if the water is not too high I will go in but if the water too high then you're on your own. I got in all the way to by security and transferred to a small sampan with a security pushing me all the way to my house.

Here is the entrance into Soi 19

h1.JPG

Let me show you 7 photos.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was being pushed to my unit by this security guard. Of course this earned him 100baht not that he asked for but he truly deserved.

h4.JPG