• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
She went home earlier while I took a flight to Ubon where she met me at airport and rented an Altis and drove to her village. Ended up party for 5 straight days with lots of Chang. Also ended up living with her for next 2 years in Bangkok.

That must be some time ago before you got married.

Did you any 'green light' from her before you popped to question of inviting her for lunch ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Guinness stout is good. I usually drink that in Msia. There the price is only slightly higher than white beer. More worth to drink black stout. Sometimes in Sg coffeeshop when there're kakis ordering many bottles of this and that, I drink them mix LOL

Mix is quite nice and fun also. Half cooling half heaty. No so heaty as stout alone. Those who never try should try :smile:

I started drinking OrGao out of curiosity. During my younger days working offshore (those were very hard and dangerous days of my life) whenever I have my hainan curry rice breakfast at Pasir Panjang at 6.15am I will encounter a group of ahpeh carrying a large hook and a cloth over their shoulders eating curry rice and downing 1 big bottle of OrGao each. (anyway the curry rice is still there damn solid best of the bests opens at 4am).

A few years later while doing sales I used to drive my wife (teacher) to her school early and then will have breakfast in hawker centre next to school. Every morning it's 1 big bottle of OrGao with either chweekuay or cheecheongfan or nasi lemak or torsaim etc etc. Did this for about a year. Then one day Kenna caught by wife because some kaypoh aunty hawker who's son was in her class one day told her "hey your husband very steady ah every morning 1 bottle OrGao". That day went back kenna jiajialat. Of course I deny la die die also must say "this is my first time, I so suay first time kenna like this". She gave me a hard time that day and asked me why of all places must drink beside her work place. Sigh, mentioning this funny incident caused me to miss her so very much. Only can be sweet memories now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That must be some time ago before you got married.

Did you any 'green light' from her before you popped to question of inviting her for lunch ?

Ok I'm a fuck up guy but at least I'm not one of those who put marital status as "it's complicated". So to answer your question I was married liao (2nd x) but wife still not want to come stay here yet.

I didn't think about green light I just asked directly because it's just an honorable gentlemanly date no hanky panky in my mind at all guess she can feel it that's why she ok.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't advise daytime drinking, much less morning drinking. My rule of thumb on drinking is always after dinner.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know a few thai girls who like to drink stout. i asked them and they replied, 'kin beer dum mai wun'. dunno what logic is that..

Can I say these girls have lived outside of Thailand before? My Gf doesn't mind stout after I intro her to Kilkenny....but not so well travelled Thais generally does not like it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk about flat beer, the one I dislike most is Tsingtao. Sorry to all Chinese, it just happened that it's from China but it's supposedly founded by a German brewery. The next on my list of flat beer is Australian Foster. Never tried any Thai beer before, so no comment about that. I usually stick with Heineken or Carlsberg for my beer. However, I dislike Carlsberg special brew too. Too strong alcohol content also spoils what beer is supposed to taste like. If I want something strong, I'd go for whisky.
Tsingtao is good for you as they use mineral water.....I like the taste but it's not strong enough for me now....I started out learning to drink with Tsingtao.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can I say these girls have lived outside of Thailand before? My Gf doesn't mind stout after I intro her to Kilkenny....but not so well travelled Thais generally does not like it.

My experience is that most Thai women don't drink at all. The Thai ex-GFs I had before and all my Thai women relatives don't drink. But all the men relatives and friends do. Beer and whisky are the standards set in Thai drinking culture. I guess that's because they feel Thai dishes go down well with beer or whisky. Not only stout, even brandy and wine are rarely seen in Thailand. Go to any supermarket liquor department or liquor store in Thailand and you'll see more than 90% of shelf-space devoted to beer and whisky with just a few bottles of brandy and wine at a corner to make up for selection variety in case of farang patronage.

The other categories enjoying popularity in Thailand, especially in convenience stores such as 7-11, are small-bottled wine cooler (top brand Thai local Spy) and fruity flavored cocktails from gin or vodka. The buy, pop and drink type of small bottles. Mostly popular with women who just like a little dash of alcohol, not on binge.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok I'm a fuck up guy but at least I'm not one of those who put marital status as "it's complicated". So to answer your question I was married liao (2nd x) but wife still not want to come stay here yet.

I didn't think about green light I just asked directly because it's just an honorable gentlemanly date no hanky panky in my mind at all guess she can feel it that's why she ok.

Oh...okay. I asked because I was wondering why the relationship didn't develop into marriage.

And I asked about "green light" because I kanna almost every time the girl got b/f but act no b/f.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite alot of thai hi-so have taken to drinking wine...especially those educated overseas.
Wine coolers you are right are popular as well.
Similar to 'shandy' in Malaysia (beer with softdrink).
Red colored Spy is most popular.
Thais like to drink beer but when they go to disco they seldom order beer....I find it quite strange....

My experience is that most Thai women don't drink at all. The Thai ex-GFs I had before and all my Thai women relatives don't drink. But all the men relatives and friends do. Beer and whisky are the standards set in Thai drinking culture. I guess that's because they feel Thai dishes go down well with beer or whisky. Not only stout, even brandy and wine are rarely seen in Thailand. Go to any supermarket liquor department or liquor store in Thailand and you'll see more than 90% of shelf-space devoted to beer and whisky with just a few bottles of brandy and wine at a corner to make up for selection variety in case of farang patronage.

The other categories enjoying popularity in Thailand, especially in convenience stores such as 7-11, are small-bottled wine cooler (top brand Thai local Spy) and fruity flavored cocktails from gin or vodka. The buy, pop and drink type of small bottles. Mostly popular with women who just like a little dash of alcohol, not on binge.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
And I asked about "green light" because I kanna almost every time the girl got b/f but act no b/f.

I have to say many Thai girls are like that especially once they know you're a foreigner they'll be prepared anytime to dump their thai bf. Was it you or Ramsy who said sinkie men are rank very high up, I cannot disagree.

So far I was lucky my few encounters did not have bf or even police husbands like what Ramsy encountered. But I did have twice problems with their fellow girl friends who got jealous and disruptive to the relationship. In all encounters I was upfront that I'm married

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to say many Thai girls are like that especially once they know you're a foreigner they'll be prepared anytime to dump their thai bf. Was it you or Ramsy who said sinkie men are rank very high up, I cannot disagree.

So far I was lucky my few encounters did not have bf or even police husbands like what Ramsy encountered. But I did have twice problems with their fellow girl friends who got jealous and disruptive to the relationship. In all encounters I was upfront that I'm married

Wah being Sinkie has privileges and ranks in Thailand. I must make full use of that LOL

But really I got notice, sometimes a Msian PR friend cheong Thailand with us. He still Msian passport always kana delay by custom questioning. Our Sg passports clear very fast. Think the officer never even read the white card and straitaway chop and we can go LOL

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng wonders what happened to all those red shirts n yellow shirts?:confused:
all drowned in the flood water or cowards run for life liao?:confused:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah being Sinkie has privileges and ranks in Thailand. I must make full use of that LOL

But really I got notice, sometimes a Msian PR friend cheong Thailand with us. He still Msian passport always kana delay by custom questioning. Our Sg passports clear very fast. Think the officer never even read the white card and straitaway chop and we can go LOL

Foreigners rank high with farangs highest in the eyes for those poor Thais but some prefer Asians as the stereotype is only bargirls marry farangs.
I went to a village in Phrayao, the big houses there belonged to Mia farangs.....but the biggest of all belonged to a mia noi of a rich Taiwanese

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even if they're prepared to dump their b/fs, I wouldn't want the risk of suddenly being stabbed in the back by some nak lengs in the Sois.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng wonders what happened to all those red shirts n yellow shirts?:confused:
all drowned in the flood water or cowards run for life liao?:confused:
Red shirts sitting happy no reasons to stir trouble....yellow shirts standing by to find an excuse to strike....flood give a temporary relief to all.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Even if they're prepared to dump their b/fs, I wouldn't want the risk of suddenly being stabbed in the back by some nak lengs in the Sois.

Well what I really meant was many are damn low class la see foreigners only can do anything. Come to think of it it's like SPG.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well what I really meant was many are damn low class la see foreigners only can do anything. Come to think of it it's like SPG.

It's not really about low class or high class, as in context of deliberate snobbery. For example, a British hereditary lord speaks in an accent that sounds snobbish to your ears. But it's his natural accent. He's born and brought up speaking that way.

In Thailand, especially among WLs and ladies looking for a better future, it's a matter of necessity. They couldn't get any Thai man bearing any such hope unless they're in the aristocracy, politics or upper crust business circles. Frankly but crudely, come on and be true to yourself, look at the quality of common Thai men. I'd
disown my daughter if she goes for one of those, wouldn't you?

I've been to Patpong go-go bars countless times. Usually the girls are not interested as I began with speaking Thai and could easily pass off as local Thai. I don't feel offended or any inferiority complex since I know that's the way of the world, that's the way in Thailand. I'm not interested in booking them out anyway. I'm just passing time with a few drinks and watching dancing shows.

Once I was in this bar and chatted with my American colleague and we chatted in English, of course. Suddenly I became premium highly desirable for the go-go girls. So was my colleague, of course. But too bad for them and their misplaced efforts, I'm not into booking girls and sleeping with strangers. I just warded them off courteously and moved on to bring my colleague for some good Thai roadside supper.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok guys, it's boarding time now. Catch you guys in Bangkok tonight. Arrive at 2315. Sure cannot go home tonight as Ramintra and my moobaan is flooded. Shiz really miss my dog. Will make my way home daybreak. Wish me luck.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok guys, it's boarding time now. Catch you guys in Bangkok tonight. Arrive at 2315. Sure cannot go home tonight as Ramintra and my moobaan is flooded. Shiz really miss my dog. Will make my way home daybreak. Wish me luck.

Poseidon is open. Can do doggy, no problem.