• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Snake, don't twist.

You were referring to clearing flood water, obviously. Whether you want to clear it yourself or hire contractors is not my point.

Anyway, what is your source of income ? Please tell us.

When I run out of money, I ask LKY. Do you believe that? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Water today is down to 40cm in Soi21. Next few days when down to 25cm will get my workers to my house to move furniture to its original position and also remove all the flood barricades. Today went home again for inspection. Things are looking good. Just got back to hotel wash-up and go for body scrub next before going for dinner.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got color-blindness test ?
KYP,

Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, there are 3 pre-test to clear prior to the theory test but all very easy.

Test no. 1 = Color Test (Look at some color numbers within another color)
Test no. 2 = Brake Test (Step on the brake paddle when light turns red on a brake simulator)
Test no. 3 = 3D Test (use a remote control to align 2 lines)

After clearing this, you can proceed with Theory test. (Tip is to study all the questions on a demo machine. Then study the English booklet and then if got time, study the Thai booklet. Don't worry if you cannot read Thai, mainly on the numbers/road signs. Can always ask a Thai to help explain a little on the questions).

Don't try other means to get the license because it is quite easy.

For license conversion, you need to get your IDP from your home country but still need to take the Color test but not required to take Theory test.

I converted my class 3 but took all the tests for the full motorcycle.Upon passing, will get a 1 year temporary license. After that, you can renew every 5 years.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Upon passing, will get a 1 year temporary license. After that, you can renew every 5 years.

My license now is 5 years very useful as an identity card. Everywhere you go when asked for passport just use the Thai driving license sure accept.

How's your drive to the north chnburifc?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congratulation buddy. I am sure you will enjoy the ride. Its very smooth and quiet.

Pi when you stop your car on traffic light or waiting for fan please DO NOT put your gear on neutral. You will drain the battery quickly and there will be an alarm to tell you do something. The reason is if you stop your car the petrol engine stop and when you stop and put on neutral the car continue to consume power from the batter to power your aircon etc draining power. So if you put on D or P the car knows and while it stops the petrol engine and consumes power from the battery when power is drained the petrol engine will cut in to power a dynamo to power your aircon and at the same time charges your battery.
Joe, Thanks for the tip.

Here's my FR on first 1100km on a Camry 2.4 hybrid Extremo.
1. Name: Camry 2.4 hybrid
2. Age: 4 days
3. Looks: No complaints yet
4. Body: White
5. Damage: THB 1.7 mil
6. Sound: Very quiet especially when in Eco mode (Almost cannot hear anything). Doesn't feel like travelling at 150km/hr
7. Dashboard: A little confusing, The traditional tachometer (RPM) gauge is replaced with a KM/Lit gauge. There is also a small little panel showing the battery status.
8. Seat: Front seats came with cooling fan below which is a plus for long journeys. Overall, the interior is quite spacious.
9. Others: Me mountain tortise. First time driving a keyless car. Old habit die hard. Keep looking for the keyhole to start the ignition and also keep looking for handbrake to pull. The handbrake is pedal type.
10. Fuel consumption: OK, here's the most interesting part. Full tank is 65 litre. I travel 1100 km and still have about 25 litres (estimated) remaining. That makes the fuel consumption at 1100/40 = 27.5 km/litre! I know I can improve this record as I was using the accelerator and brakes rather inefficiently for this trip.
11. Overall, I am very happy with this car. Was also caught by MIB for overspeeding in Korat. :p

Almost bought the 2.0 version and thanks to a bro here who recommended me to go for the 2.4 hybrid. :smile:
Next, will be trying out the fuel consumption within the city.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My license now is 5 years very useful as an identity card. Everywhere you go when asked for passport just use the Thai driving license sure accept.

How's your drive to the north chnburifc?
The trip north is rather pleasant. Tried Sa Kaew route on the outward journey and Korat route on the return journey. Both journeys take about 6 hours each. The hybrid is definitely more pleasant to drive compare to Isuzu pickup. :smile:

Did not manage to settle my things there so will need to make another visit soon. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Water today is down to 40cm in Soi21. Next few days when down to 25cm will get my workers to my house to move furniture to its original position and also remove all the flood barricades. Today went home again for inspection. Things are looking good. Just got back to hotel wash-up and go for body scrub next before going for dinner.
Scrub some more, skin going to come off soon liaoz. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The trip north is rather pleasant. Tried Sa Kaew route on the outward journey and Korat route on the return journey. Both journeys take about 6 hours each. The hybrid is definitely more pleasant to drive compare to Isuzu pickup. :smile:

Did not manage to settle my things there so will need to make another visit soon. :smile:

Took a short nap so gotta miss my scrup for today. Anyway when I bought this car I was pleasantly surprised that Toyota included the VDIM system into the Camry. VDIM is Vehicle Dynamic Integrated Management safety system combining all the safety systems into one like the ABS, TC, VSC and others into one making the vehicle safer and more responsive to safely inputs like brakes and over/under steering. The reason I was surprised is because this system was installed only in Lexus range of cars outside Japan staring with the 3rd gen GS model 6 years ago and also very high end Toyata cars in Japan like Crown Majesta. So I guess this is the first time they are installing this into Camrys but only the high end ones like the Hybrid.

PS - look out for some cool videos about VDIM in YouTube

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aiya. It's so nice sitting at a street store in Huay Kwang at this time looking at so many chiobu walking here and there more and more as night gets darker. No need Cappra already have motivation.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now sitting in the Emerald coffeehouse beside window having breakfast, stealing wifi signal, talking cock with you guys and beoing chiobus walking pass going to work.

sss.JPG

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What happen to you man? Lost your family? Must steal wifi bio charbor?

You forgotten I run road 32 days liao ah? House surrounded by flood how to live there? And hotel charge 400 baht per day for wifi in room for what? Here breakfast free wifi from carwash beside hotel.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgotten I run road 32 days liao ah? House surrounded by flood how to live there? And hotel charge 400 baht per day for wifi in room for what? Here breakfast free wifi from carwash beside hotel.

You mean hotel 400bht or extra 400bht for wifi. If 400bht for hotel also I want. Good lobang please intro.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You mean hotel 400bht or extra 400bht for wifi. If 400bht for hotel also I want. Good lobang please intro.

Room 2,500 baht very good rate considering its a very large new room (executive floor) with breakfast. 400baht per day is wifi only la. Emerald Hotel is very ventral to cheong places.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Room 2,500 baht very good rate considering its a very large new room (executive floor) with breakfast. 400baht per day is wifi only la. Emerald Hotel is very ventral to cheong places.

Oh sheet! I thot you said can get good hotel room 400bht LOL

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about True/AIS 3G? It's around THB 800 per month for unlimited traffic right?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What about True/AIS 3G? It's around THB 800 per month for unlimited traffic right?

Me AIS 3G ultimate pack liao quite satisfied with it liao but u know Thai 3G still baby on 23rd floor 3G sleeping only have E.