• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
why are you back in bangkok, when bangkok is still flooding?

Bangkok's floods are under control and water receding. There is now no danger to many areas. I have been observing the Ratchada area for many days and the flood had been stopped at Lad Phrao/Ratchada junction. As the flooding at this block has benn going down to ankle level it means the threat to Ratchada is over. Wife and I had been on the run from one beach to another so quite sick of the sea liao. Nice to be back in Bangkok. Lots of makan choices.

So did you see me in the car ?

I'll never know its you cos not met you. Also couldn't be you la the driver was a lady.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Chonburifc,

How's Christmas celebrations like in Pattaya ?
Christmas/New Year celebrations in Pattaya is quite lively especially along beach road/walking street and Bali-hi areas. Foreigners/Thais (local and tourist) just get together to party. Not really about religion, more of year end festive mood to relax and TCSS. For new year, there will be a big countdown at Bali-Hi with big fireworks displays.
Most of the foreign own factories in Rayong/Sri Racha/Laem Cha Bang are closed during this season. Some of them will spend their holidays in Pattaya instead of going back to their home countries.
The minus is during this period, traffic accidents very high.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Christmas/New Year celebrations in Pattaya is quite lively especially along beach road/walking street and Bali-hi areas. Foreigners/Thais (local and tourist) just get together to party. Not really about religion, more of year end festive mood to relax and TCSS. For new year, there will be a big countdown at Bali-Hi with big fireworks displays.
Most of the foreign own factories in Rayong/Sri Racha/Laem Cha Bang are closed during this season. Some of them will spend their holidays in Pattaya instead of going back to their home countries.
The minus is during this period, traffic accidents very high.
Yes, Pattaya is the place to be for new year.......can set off fireworks like nobody business.......hotels almost all will be fully booked during this period.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Chonburifc,

How's Christmas celebrations like in Pattaya ?

Yes, Pattaya is the place to be for new year.......can set off fireworks like nobody business.......hotels almost all will be fully booked during this period.
For those who can't get a hotel during this period and do not mind 'downgrading' a little, Can always try the daily/monthly local apartments (Hong Park), usually run by Thai Chinese. Most of them quite clean and lesser known to the tourists. And another added bonus, many chiobus stay in these apartments. :smile:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For those who can't get a hotel during this period and do not mind 'downgrading' a little, Can always try the daily/monthly local apartments (Hong Park), usually run by Thai Chinese. Most of them quite clean and lesser known to the tourists. And another added bonus, many chiobus stay in these apartments. :smile:

Yes my Khun Tae stays in a place like this, 5k a month very cheap.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh....model category ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh....model category ?
Most categories available. Majority are from other province working in Pattaya. But you get to see the normal Thai workers, tellers, clerks, sales, bar girls, small business owners, WL, farang workers staying in these apartments. Most won't care where they stay as long as safe and clean.

Yes my Khun Tae stays in a place like this, 5k a month very cheap.
Actually, there are even cheaper apartment at 2K/mth in some areas.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this morning, went to petrol station to top up (tem tang) pickup. After tem tang THB 1620, realize left my wallet at home. :p

Any bros here experience such situation?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Who is Khun Tae ? Hazard ?

She is no Hazard but WL. I have to say she's one of the nicest souls I've met in my life. I know some of the guys here must have some different opinion it's ok just that there are good people out there.

this morning, went to petrol station to top up (tem tang) pickup. After tem tang THB 1620, realize left my wallet at home. :p

Twice. Both times on my way to office but different stations. Both times I had to find something important to leave at the cashier and obviously it my passport. When arrived at office asked delivery guys to bring payment to collect my passport back. Other experiences will be tollway stations. No money and they will never accept USD or other currencies because they don't know whats it. But will get he bill by post and send someone to pay. If its 30baht they charge you 30baht only no admin or any other charges or fines unlike cheapscate PAP's ERP.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Me and my bro (real bro) experienced one such situation in Malaysia. It was even more ridiculous that there were two of us in the car and both of us left our wallets at home (his home, also in Malaysia). We told the cashier to bill it on the cash register and write our car number on the back of the receipt and hold on to the receipt. That'll cause a shortfall in the cashier's cash settlement when she hand over duty. We said we'll come back and pay up within two hours before she hands over duty. Anyway, she trusted us and said alright. I guess that she recognized my bro since he tops up in her station quite frequently. No reason to cheat her of less than RM100. She didn't even demand one of us stay behind. For strangers, I think she'll call manager, then police. And of course, we did go back and paid as promised, and tipped her keep the change.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello, my ED Visa covers transport to Immigration Office every 90 days. Not a bad deal, right ? It costs me B500 to and fro by taxi or B400 by a combination of motorbike, BTS and Taxi/Van.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh...can ride PCX from BKK to Pattaya or not ? How long it takes ?

Are motorcycle lots in carparks @ shopping centres and office buildings free ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Eh...can ride PCX from BKK to Pattaya or not ? How long it takes ?

Are motorcycle lots in carparks @ shopping centres and office buildings free ?

Take highway #3 Sukhumvit Road from Bangna Trad bottom of tollway of course to Chonburi then to Pattaya. Parking I think everywhere free if you buy something can stamp mah, this is Thailand everywhere stamp stamp stamp. Chonburifc please correct me if I'm wrong.

So you got PCX liao?

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take highway #3 Sukhumvit Road from Bangna Trad bottom of tollway of course to Chonburi then to Pattaya. Parking I think everywhere free if you buy something can stamp mah, this is Thailand everywhere stamp stamp stamp. Chonburifc please correct me if I'm wrong.

So you got PCX liao?

Haven't lah. btw, I am asking about office buildings and shopping complexes in BKK, not Pattaya.

Thinking of riding scooter to the Pier and park it there then take boat. Dunno can anyhow park or not ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Haven't lah. btw, I am asking about office buildings and shopping complexes in BKK, not Pattaya.

Thinking of riding scooter to the Pier and park it there then take boat. Dunno can anyhow park or not ?

Sorry buddy, I have no idea about bikes at all, no license also.

Oh by the way this has been my dream bike for a while and I saw it inside a Honda shop in Otaru a small town next to Sapporo. Its a Honda Fury, I wanna have it one day.

IMG_3685.JPG

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro KYP , Bro joetys ,

Would like to know if Nakon Pathom and Ayutthaya is accessible by car now ?
Thanks in advance
:wink: