• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
legally yes. and its very stringent....need connections and moolah

Never heard of needing to do anything legally in Thailand before too. :biggrin:

E.g., prostitution is strictly illegal in Thailand. Thailand has one of the biggest prostitution industry in the world.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never heard of needing to do anything legally in Thailand before too. :biggrin:

E.g., prostitution is strictly illegal in Thailand. Thailand has one of the biggest prostitution industry in the world.

even police officer need firearm license....so figure they are strict on that

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even police officer need firearm license....so figure they are strict on that

Action only. But seriously, there's a legal reason for the licence for police. Unlike Singapore where we have draw arms on duty and send arms off duty for uniformed police personnels, all Thai police, whether uniformed or plainclothes, have to carry firearms even when off duty. So they action with the so-called licence. If policemen are not given free and legitimate firearms 24/7, no sane Thai would want to become a policeman. The licensing is not to control possession of firearms. The licensing is a check and control on corrupt police officers trading firearms.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Action only. But seriously, there's a legal reason for the licence for police. Unlike Singapore where we have draw arms on duty and send arms off duty, all Thai police have to carry firearms even when off duty. So they action with the so-called licence. If police are not given free and legitimate firearms 24/7, no sane Thai would want to become a policeman. The licensing is not to control possession of firearms. The licensing is to control corrupt policemen trading firearms.
i understand that here those SI and ASP ranked above can carry 24/7.....how does it work then? how come SI allowed then inspector rank cannot? CID any rank also can?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i understand that here those SI and ASP ranked above can carry 24/7.....how does it work then? how come SI allowed then inspector rank cannot? CID any rank also can?

All AIO, IO, SIO and detectives (i.e. plainckothes) are supposed to carry revolver 24/7. They still have to send arms regularly for servicing. Most of them actually try to send arms and don't draw arms for as long as possible. Carrying firearms is quite an uncomfortable hassle and danger if you know what's police work and what's the danger entailed. If you shoot, you have to report and explain. If you don't shoot but the opponent grabs it, you're dead.

All senior officers and SIs I know send arms, don't bring them home. DSIs are supposed to be armed 24/7. It's not such a glamorous thing to be armed. Most police officers after a few months on the streets, try their best not to be armed. This is Singapore, not Thailand, where the reverse is true.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Add one more. Brand New and not officially registered. Meaning it will fetch a higher price for the thief. Same for car.

KYP, added this. That's why I supported buying Kawasaki as it is not soon common. I still need to locked my Scoopy-i as it is also red plate now.

Another thing to note. Red Registration plate also got 'cheong' aka fake ones. Offense can be serious or not serious depending on how you diffuse the problem when kena road block. The fake ones came about because the car/notorcycle shop business so good until not enough to issue out the official legal ones. I kena caught once without realizing my red license plate is cheong one. Only the mata (MIB) and Land transport authority can tell the differences.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Three months ago policed stopped my maid, wife in the car at that time and gave her a ticket for driving with a fake red plate, she was very scared as they took away her license. I was quite mad and called Bangkok Lexus. They apologized and came to my place to get the ticket from maid next day, went to police station to pay 150 baht fine and collected my maid's driving license. Following day came to return maid license and also replace the red plate to new ones. Aiya this is Thailand. Mai serious jia yen yen mai phen rai.

Another thing to note. Red Registration plate also got 'cheong' aka fake ones. Offense can be serious or not serious depending on how you diffuse the problem when kena road block. The fake ones came about because the car/notorcycle shop business so good until not enough to issue out the official legal ones. I kena caught once without realizing my red license plate is cheong one. Only the mata (MIB) and Land transport authority can tell the differences.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three months ago policed stopped my maid, wife in the car at that time and gave her a ticket for driving with a fake red plate, she was very scared as they took away her license. I was quite mad and called Bangkok Lexus. They apologized and came to my place to get the ticket from maid next day, went to police station to pay 150 baht fine and collected my maid's driving license. Following day came to return maid license and also replace the red plate to new ones. Aiya this is Thailand. Mai serious jia yen yen mai phen rai.
Hehehe. MIB mata know the difference between Lexus and Vios. But anyway, Pattaya quite easy to settle.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. MIB mata know the difference between Lexus and Vios. But anyway, Pattaya quite easy to settle.

I think you may be right. I have never been stopped by midnight road blacks before. Always waved me through.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chonburifc, Pattaya got this color or not ?

So far I only get to see black, white and gray in bangkok.

Honda-PCX-IMG_2871.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you may be right. I have never been stopped by midnight road blacks before. Always waved me through.
Lexus falls into the "wave through" category. Not so lucky for entry level cars, old cars, lorries, motorcycles and the hot favorite, pickups.
Anyway, for those who kena stopped in road block, first word after roll down window is say in English 'sorry' and say 'no speak Thai' with a smile. Never ever argue with MIB mata. They have the right to seize your vehicle for investigation, your driver's license if you 'guai lan' with them. And you will need to pay more to get your vehicle back.

Chonburifc, Pattaya got this color or not ?

So far I only get to see black, white and gray in bangkok.

Honda-PCX-IMG_2871.jpg

Nope, yet to see this color. Should be a special edition. Most common color are Black/White/Brown.
My scoopy-i beside 2 new PCX. Narak Bo? My red license plate is cheong one. :p
pcxandscoopy.jpg

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about crimes, when I was there many years ago, a Singaporean businessman sole agent for Linde Chillers for supremarkets was found dead in the early hours of the morning in Patpong. He was survived by his wife and 2 months old baby. Apparently he was murdered and dumped there after telling his wife he is going for a meeting in the evening. My Singaporean friend living there and active in the Singaporean Club said he knows the guy as a member and just met me after attending the wake. He said the rumour was that he was murdered by his Thai partner who wanted the control of their company. I did not know more than this.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Talking about crimes, when I was there many years ago, a Singaporean businessman sole agent for Linde Chillers for supremarkets was found dead in the early hours of the morning in Patpong. He was survived by his wife and 2 months old baby. Apparently he was murdered and dumped there after telling his wife he is going for a meeting in the evening. My Singaporean friend living there and active in the Singaporean Club said he knows the guy as a member and just met me after attending the wake. He said the rumour was that he was murdered by his Thai partner who wanted the control of their company. I did not know more than this.

My 2 cents.

3rd world pple do not have the creativity to earn money... so when they got the chance to earn a lot , so they will kill , steal and do all those 3rd world things to get it.

Partner with chinese thai is better... chinese thai are less of a 3rd world..

Last edited:

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
3rd world pple do not have the creativity to earn money... so when they got the chance to earn a lot , so they will kill , steal and do all those 3rd world things to get it.

Partner with chinese thai is better... chinese thai are less of a 3rd world..

You yourself speak like a Sinkie. Do you also do the above?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lexus falls into the "wave through" category. Not so lucky for entry level cars, old cars, lorries, motorcycles and the hot favorite, pickups.
Anyway, for those who kena stopped in road block, first word after roll down window is say in English 'sorry' and say 'no speak Thai' with a smile. Never ever argue with MIB mata. They have the right to seize your vehicle for investigation, your driver's license if you 'guai lan' with them. And you will need to pay more to get your vehicle back.

Nope, yet to see this color. Should be a special edition. Most common color are Black/White/Brown.
My scoopy-i beside 2 new PCX. Narak Bo? My red license plate is cheong one. :p
View attachment 2871

1148 wednesday first prize ?
:biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My 2 cents.
Singapore Club is the wrong place to network. Intelligence collection centre.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore Club is the wrong place to network. Intelligence collection centre.

I won't know...really. Anyway that incident was a long time ago and since then things have change. When we are aliens doing business in a foreign country especially a 3rd world country, we need to be extra careful. I have been working in Manila and Indonesia (still do in Jakarta) since young, and know that these things happening some times to Singaporeans, but not in the news.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1148 wednesday first prize ?
:biggrin:
Haha. Thai lottery is tomorrow. But I have another Kang Tao number.

The shape of Scoopy is the same as Fino or Vino. The Fino or Vino looks better.
Tried both Fino and Scoopy-i. Fino seat design a little uncomfortable. I have to seat almost near the pillion rider seat. So ended up getting Scoopy. Luckily never get the Man-U special edition.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I won't know...really. Anyway that incident was a long time ago and since then things have change. When we are aliens doing business in a foreign country especially a 3rd world country, we need to be extra careful. I have been working in Manila and Indonesia (still do in Jakarta) since young, and know that these things happening some times to Singaporeans, but not in the news.
My opinion is avoid all these oversea SG clubs. Suppose to be for oversea Sinkees to 'network'. You never know who is having access to members information.