• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Any recommendations from Pan Pan? Forgot to introduce the Spaghetti Kee Mao and home made ice-cream. The anchovies is also a killer!

Hey thanks a lot for the recommendation we really enjoyed the food. Ordered 2 bowls of menestrone soup, Spaghetti vongole, pizza full of meat and a bottle of Amarone. Damn full after that and mao.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Chonburifc,

I'm contemplating applying for a student visa. What is the tenure of your SV ? And do you still need to exit Thailand every 3 months ? And when you have to leave Thailand for overseas, do you need to inform Immigration in advance ?

Bro Joety,

Any FR on your Cappra ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi KYP, I think I not so clever but FR stands for ?

The 3 pills still in my bag. I buy for fun so far don't need it but if can have great performance like grass then worth trying.

Bro Chonburifc,

I'm contemplating applying for a student visa. What is the tenure of your SV ? And do you still need to exit Thailand every 3 months ? And when you have to leave Thailand for overseas, do you need to inform Immigration in advance ?

Bro Joety,

Any FR on your Cappra ?

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi KYP, I think I not so clever but FR stands for ?

The 3 pills still in my bag. I buy for fun so far don't need it but if can have great performance like grass then worth trying.

I dun suggest you try it yet... like no review of it anywhere le... Mabbe some thai sites have

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Chonburifc,

?
KYP, it's valid for 1 year (4 x 90 days extension). First time applicant get additional 3 months but you need to do it at any oversea Thai embassy. There is no need to exit LOS every 3 months. Only need to do an extension every 90 days at Immigration. Each 90 day extension is THB 1,900 or you can go for the 1 year extension VISA which is about THB 15,000. As with any other type of VISA, You need to apply for re-entry permit at Immigration each time you exit LOS. Single Re-entry permit is THB 1,000 and multiple is THB 3,800. If you exit LOS without a re-entry permit, your VISA become void.

2nd year onwards, no need to exit LOS to apply for the SV.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KYP, it's valid for 1 year (4 x 90 days extension). First time applicant get additional 3 months but you need to do it at any oversea Thai embassy. There is no need to exit LOS every 3 months. Only need to do an extension every 90 days at Immigration. Each 90 day extension is THB 1,900 or you can go for the 1 year extension VISA which is about THB 15,000. As with any other type of VISA, You need to apply for re-entry permit at Immigration each time you exit LOS. Single Re-entry permit is THB 1,000 and multiple is THB 3,800. If you exit LOS without a re-entry permit, your VISA become void.

2nd year onwards, no need to exit LOS to apply for the SV.

Didn't quite get it.

Pay about 20K to school for a SV.
Go embassy overseas to apply, when return you can stay up to 90 days ?
When 90 days is up, go to Immigration pay 1900 baht to extend for another 90 days.
Can extend 4 x 90 days = 1 year. Plus your initial 90 days free = 1 year 3 months
Total costs excluding payment to school = 4 x 1900 = 7600.

Why would anyone want to extend one year for 15000 baht?

And when extending beyond one year, do you still have to pay your school ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't quite get it.

Pay about 20K to school for a SV.
Go embassy overseas to apply, when return you can stay up to 90 days ?
When 90 days is up, go to Immigration pay 1900 baht to extend for another 90 days.
Can extend 4 x 90 days = 1 year. Plus your initial 90 days free = 1 year 3 months
Total costs excluding payment to school = 4 x 1900 = 7600.

Why would anyone want to extend one year for 15000 baht?

And when extending beyond one year, do you still have to pay your school ?
You got it all right. Around 20K to school for 1 year course (180 hours of lesson).
Either THB 7600 or THB 15000 to immigration for (90 days or 1 year) extension. Yes, there are many who opt for 1 year instead of 90 days for various reasons.

2nd year need to sign up for another SV eligble course (180 hours) to apply SV but need not exit LOS. Most schools will offer discount for 2nd year students.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got it all right. Around 20K to school for 1 year course (180 hours of lesson).
Either THB 7600 or THB 15000 to immigration for (90 days or 1 year) extension. Yes, there are many who opt for 1 year instead of 90 days for various reasons.

2nd year need to sign up for another SV eligble course (180 hours) to apply SV but need not exit LOS. Most schools will offer discount for 2nd year students.

Bro, I think we should join forces to open a language school for Sg runroaders and team up with Visa Run companies. Can employ Ramseth as teacher for our school.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, I think we should join forces to open a language school for Sg runroaders and team up with Visa Run companies. Can employ Ramseth as teacher for our school.
It's quite competitive in BKK. Shop for a few more school and see which can offer the best deal. Most important, they must be MOE approved. Some non-MOE school will borrow the name of another MOE school so need to pay additional layer.

Sidetrack a little, how's plans with the Kawasaki Ninja? Where's Kawasaki factory? Heard the waiting time for a Toyota car is now 3 months minimum even though they are not located in the flood areas.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cannot.
Ah Ram will sian all the female students and lady teachers.....even the cleaner ah soh....alot of problems will arise

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sidetrack a little, how's plans with the Kawasaki Ninja? Where's Kawasaki factory? Heard the waiting time for a Toyota car is now 3 months minimum even though they are not located in the flood areas.

I saw a CBR 250 at Pratunam yesterday, and I almost could not tell for sure if it was a 150 or 250. In other words, CBR lacks size and presence. Kawasaki, I felt, was expensive at 150K. In terms of design, I have always preferred Yamaha bike. If I'm going to run a business in Thailand, perhaps PCX is the better choice. At least I don't mind letting my panakgan ride my bike for delivery. I can also do shopping in nearby sois with PCX and just park at the roadside without worries.

If I'm really ready for a big bike, I think I should go for a 600cc bike. I like Yamaha YZF, but because it's not made in Thailand I'm going to have to pay a 70% premium, which is not all that worthwhile. Maybe a Kawasaki 600 cc.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot.
Ah Ram will sian all the female students and lady teachers.....even the cleaner ah soh....alot of problems will arise
Too many problem wait KYP need to take grass everyday. Share something about headaches. One Taiwanese bar owner in Pattaya I knew was always smiling. Found out he's high on grass almost every night. One day ask him why. Told me no choice, too many problems in the bar until don't know how to smile and so need grass to smile. Girl fight girl, girl fight customer, customer fight girl, girl steal girl, girl steal customer, customer steal girl, girl give customer std, customer give girl std, girl steal girl money, girl steal customer money, customer steal girl money.

The next visit to the same bar, Taiwanese owner become Farang owner and farang owner seems to be smiling all the time too.

I saw a CBR 250 at Pratunam yesterday, and I almost could not tell for sure if it was a 150 or 250. In other words, CBR lacks size and presence. Kawasaki, I felt, was expensive at 150K. In terms of design, I have always preferred Yamaha bike. If I'm going to run a business in Thailand, perhaps PCX is the better choice. At least I don't mind letting my panakgan ride my bike for delivery. I can also do shopping in nearby sois with PCX and just park at the roadside without worries.

If I'm really ready for a big bike, I think I should go for a 600cc bike. I like Yamaha YZF, but because it's not made in Thailand I'm going to have to pay a 70% premium, which is not all that worthwhile. Maybe a Kawasaki 600 cc.
PCX consider hi-so bike in LOS but think it's worth it. Bought Scoopy-I on impulse (not the Man-U edition) but so far no problem and the consolation is fuel consumption is 45 km/litre!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PCX is Hi-so bike ? Whahahaha ! I always get to ride on one at the motorcycle taxi stands at Thonglor.
Thonglor Hi-So so taxi must get better bikes.

Confirm Hi-So in Pattaya. Most bikes here are wave 110/125/Scooters which is in the 40-50K range. PCX is 70K+ and most Thais won't go for PCX. Rarely see Thais riding PCX in Pattaya. Mostly, farangs or their gf.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thonglor Hi-So so taxi must get better bikes.

Confirm Hi-So in Pattaya. Most bikes here are wave 110/125/Scooters which is in the 40-50K range. PCX is 70K+ and most Thais won't go for PCX. Rarely see Thais riding PCX in Pattaya. Mostly, farangs or their gf.

I have a Tmax and a Silverwing parked @ the multi-storey carpark of my condo. Another red Ducati superbike and Kawasaki Versys.