• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PB066140.JPG

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey... does anyone know if the area around Robinsons/Esplanade at Ratchada is flooded and how bad??

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro.. is ratchada flooded, not flooded or yet to be flooded? :confused: If flooded.. can still walk or is it not possible to walk? Is that nite market opened?

Very sadly.. I am only familiar with Ratchada and city...lol.. kamsia kamsia..

Foorballer, as mentioned Ratchada is flooded until Lat Phrao Road. So if you like now its business as usual. I heard from Thiavisa postings that Chatuchak market was also opened over the weekend. All this information is current and no one can assure you what will happen tomorrow or this coming weekend. However looking at the spread and movement of the flood, the water is moving south for sure but the speed it travels is slowing down.

Ratchada is damn long. The flooding has started at the Ratchada Ladprao junction. It has not reached Poseidon, but not sure if the chicks will be wet in a few days' time.

It's good opportunity to explore new places. Tarawadee @ Pattanakarn Soi 44. 5-star hotel ambience.

I heard Tarawadee is very good a little more up market compare to the others along Petchaburi Road.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Welcome to Pattaya!

Thanks buddy, booked Mercure Pattaya for 7 days. But I will not be staying there, only one night. Will get back to Bangkok and get maid and dog to go there, wife miss dog la and maid can take care. I will then be staying home to take care and if things better will get 3 staff to come help move things in house back to original position.

Hey... does anyone know if the area around Robinsons/Esplanade at Ratchada is flooded and how bad??

Completely dry.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Tarawadee is very good a little more up market compare to the others along Petchaburi Road.

Yes, very up market. The restaurant is 5-star and comes with a live band performance. The dining area is flanked by two fish bowls. But I'm more interested in the waitresses. The fishes are very 'executive' looking, and you get the feeling that you're at some top market Silom financial centre surrounded by "female executives". Most importantly, you will not see familiar sinkies faces there...:oIo:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Floods creeping to Saphan Khwai

* Published: 7/11/2011 at 07:43 AM
* Online news: Local News

The northern runoff is now flowing towards Saphan Khwai intersection, in an inner district of Bang Sue, about 500 metres away, reports said.

The mass volume go water on Monday morning inundated the Kampaengphet intersection near Chatuchak Sunday market. The floodwater was 30-40 centimetres deep, impassable for small vehicles.

Shops in Saphan Khwai area were reinforcing their floodwalls, placing more sandbags.

Traffic police at Bang Sue police station expected the floodwater to arrive at Saphan Khwai intersection about noon today, according to the reports.

On Vibhavadi Rangsit road, the runoff from Lat Phrao intersection arrived at headquarter of the country’s largest local daily, Thai Rath, flooding all lanes of the main road.

The floodwater was reported at 50 centimetre and impassable for small cars.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you singveld. I followed my plan to come back first while she continues with her holiday. I have work back in Bangkok, her health problem when happen is totally unexpected as it has not happen for the past 3 years and thought fully recovered. Here in Bangkok Bumrungrag and Phyathai hospitals and many other hospitals had since last week stop seeing new patience and only attends to emergency cases. So I don't have a choice but to get back Singapore to see the same doctor. We should be back to Singapore on 9th and return to Bangkok on 11th and stay in Pattaya for 15 days hopefully by then house will be clear. I am surprised that Mercure Pattaya allows pets so we will bring the dog there from Bangkok, what a pleasant surprise. Mama kept asking me to stay in her house till flood over but I really can't as home is Thailand.

I do not know the detail, but only from what you wrote in the forum.
You know your company and house is flooded, so you cannot work in thailand, nothing to do.
But you abandon your wife in japan and came back to thailand on your to see your dog.
The only conclusion is your dog is most important things for you.

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
KYP and joe.. kumsia for info.. from what I gathered from the sister forum.. no point going this week coz very little puyings flood or no flood.... fiaked up.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I do not know the detail, but only from what you wrote in the forum.
You know your company and house is flooded, so you cannot work in thailand, nothing to do.
But you abandon your wife in japan and came back to thailand on your to see your dog.
The only conclusion is your dog is most important things for you.

Our holiday to Japan was planned 2 months ago. It was before we know when the flood is coming to Bangkok. We go together for 11 days then she continue for another 6 days. Coincidentally the flood came just before we left. So I did not abandon her because its in the plan. In fact I came for her when she got trouble. We're leaving for Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. Ya I love my dog very much because she's been with me for 13 years. 2-3 of those years were the most difficult period of my life and she was there with me all the way. She's now old and sick and require quite a lot me medical attention. I will be there for her as she was there for me. All the way. :o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
KYP and joe.. kumsia for info.. from what I gathered from the sister forum.. no point going this week coz very little puyings flood or no flood.... fiaked up.

Good choice. Look at the map. Water moving isn't it?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nikon production affect oct to march - MNC should leave thailand for good.

Nikon cuts outlook on Thai floods, yen strength

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikon Corp (7731.T) cut its annual operating profit forecast by 22 percent to below market expectations, hit by flooding at a key Thai camera factory that has quashed hopes of record annual sales, as well as by strength in the yen.

Thailand's worst floods in 50 years have submerged camera-making equipment, and are set to drag down profits by 25 billion yen ($320 million) despite plans to begin production at other sites in December to try to meet year-end demand.

Nikon said it would not be able to begin operations at the flooded Thai plant until January, adding that the factory would not return to normal production volumes until March.

Nikon, which competes with market leader Canon Inc (7751.T) and Sony Corp (6758.T) in digital cameras, said on Friday it now expects to earn an operating profit of 67 billion yen ($859 million) in the year to March.

That fell short of a market consensus estimate of 81 billion yen from 9 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Six-month operating profit quadrupled to 61.1 billion yen on record sales of cameras, which offset the impact of a Japanese currency near all-time highs.

It cut its annual unit sales forecast for interchangeable lens cameras by 13 percent to 4.7 million units, although its forecast for digital compact camera sales was nudged higher to 16 million units from 15.5 million units.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: nikon production affect oct to march - MNC should leave thailand for good.

Nikon cuts outlook on Thai floods, yen strength

I think I read some where that Honda will stop production for 6 months in Bangkok. So sad for all these investors. I'm lucky, factory and goods in warehouse generally ok despite flooding around the facilities about 1.5m high. Credits go to my workers who fight day and night with the flood coming into factory via drains and sewage. They will be rewarded for their commitment.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

When you see a Bangkok map like this you know Bangkokians are really fucked

floodmap.jpg

http://www.gamling.org/

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

juz return from bkk.
last heard was lat phrao was hit, chatuchak closed. water level rising. water flowing south towards downtown bkk.
govt not sure how hard it will hit downtown bkk.

those going to bkk might wan to consider postpone as chinatown closed, chatuchak market closed.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You man of little faith. How could you trust those buggers in sister forum ? The model chicks need your SGD to tide over this disaster and send money back to their Moo Baan. This is your opportunity to help victims of the flood.

I just returned from Moo Ga Tak @ Huaykwang, opposite Poseidon. The road is dry and Emmanuelle is basking under the moonlight.

Basket, Moo Ga Tak has gone up from 99 to 109, now 129 baht.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You man of little faith. How could you trust those buggers in sister forum ? The model chicks need your SGD to tide over this disaster and send money back to their Moo Baan. This is your opportunity to help victims of the flood.

I just returned from Moo Ga Tak @ Huaykwang, opposite Poseidon. The road is dry and Emmanuelle is basking under the moonlight.

Basket, Moo Ga Tak has gone up from 99 to 109, now 129 baht.

Oiiiiii you like moogatak? You serious? Anyway that's not important, if I may, I like to ask who which phuying go with? I'm sure not from opposite na?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oiiiiii you like moogatak? You serious? Anyway that's not important, if I may, I like to ask who which phuying go with? I'm sure not from opposite na?

Eh...not that I like. In fact, dentist advised me not to eat BBQ stuff because of bacteria that will infect the gum. But moogatak cheap right ? Moogatak cannot go alone meh ? You think puyings from opposite will go moogatak ?

I staged my second recce on the pharmacist @ Boots @ Bangkapi yesterday. I used my 'patented' infrared virgin tester on her and diagnosed that she is married, probably with kids too. What a waste ! Will move on to Boots Thonglor for another target.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tell you the truth I actually like women around 33-38 mature and nice. But then I cannot accept with kids la. Chonburifc should advise you if have nice pharma targets in Chonburi.

I got to go sleep now, tomorrow a long day for me cos traveling back to Bkk from Sapporo and then off to Pattaya for the night as I arrive at 2315hrs.

Hey I heard many Thai runroaders from Queenstown, damn shocking na?

Eh...not that I like. In fact, dentist advised me not to eat BBQ stuff because of bacteria that will infect the gum. But moogatak cheap right ? Moogatak cannot go alone meh ? You think puyings from opposite will go moogatak ?

I staged my second recce on the pharmacist @ Boots @ Bangkapi yesterday. I used my 'patented' infrared virgin tester on her and diagnosed that she is married, probably with kids too. What a waste ! Will move on to Boots Thonglor for another target.