• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Still at home? What's the situation at Ramintra?

You must be joking right? Where can I go? Last night till now water raised about 2-3cm. As far as internet updates told me water spreading along Ramintra towards Minburi and of course getting into the small sois along Ramintra.

KYP, any updates from ThongLor?

Not for long buddy.

Chatuchak to re-open this weekend ?

Today's top news is floods started in Ratchayothin, Cantral Lad Phrao, Ratchada Road all the way to intersection with Lad Phrao Road. All these belongs to the Chatuchak district. So spotter, water will be creeping down into the market very soon.

He is suggesting that you bought the logo and pasted it on your CRV.

Oh how Alamak know this?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joe, sorry to know the latest situation. You need to get out of your home ASAP if you want to catch tomorrow's flight to Sapporo. You never know when the next dyke is going to be compromise.By now, everyone knows it's no longer BKK versus flood but PT versus Democrats/Army. You should understand this.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, think the best way is to call the RPP at the guardhouse and ask them to boat you to the Raimintra main road. From there, try to get into a Bus or 10 lor. If you can get onto the Ekkamai/Ramintra highway, everything solved.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe, sorry to know the latest situation. You need to get out of your home ASAP if you want to catch tomorrow's flight to Sapporo. You never know when the next dyke is going to be compromise.By now, everyone knows it's no longer BKK versus flood but PT versus Democrats/Army. You should understand this.

OK, think the best way is to call the RPP at the guardhouse and ask them to boat you to the Raimintra main road. From there, try to get into a Bus or 10 lor. If you can get onto the Ekkamai/Ramintra highway, everything solved.

Yep, first thing tomorrow morning must leave. Will take boat out to the 7-Eleven outside then wait for large truck. Will get transport to drive me to Watcharapol. Then walk up to tollway to get my Camry. The plan is to park Camry in Suvarnabhumbi Airport so that when we get back we can use it to drive to Pattaya or something. However may be swinging to Singapore to seek treatment too and leave the car in airport for a few more days. But then right after taking the car at the tollway I will have to swing by Hazard's house first to pick up my 2 luggage and leave them in the car while I go Japan. Shits really shucks. Please don't tell me this is exciting, I really don't need this excitement at this age. This is very like runroad.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suttisarn area kena flood. What's next? KYP, you might want to consider alternative plans.

I purposely went up to Mochit to have a look. The centre vehicular passage is beginning to gather water...that was in the afternoon. Not sure now.

Ratchada will flood, even during heavy downpour. But I would like to think that I'm protected by Khlong Saen Saep. As long as the water does not get past Asoke/Rama 9, I'm safe.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I purposely went up to Mochit to have a look. The centre vehicular passage is beginning to gather water...that was in the afternoon. Not sure now.

Ratchada will flood, even during heavy downpour. But I would like to think that I'm protected by Khlong Saen Saep. As long as the water does not get past Asoke/Rama 9, I'm safe.
It's slowly coming south. I believe by the time it reach inner BKK, the water will be even spread out and water level at most 10-20 cm.

BTW, any problems getting drinking water and food?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's slowly coming south. I believe by the time it reach inner BKK, the water will be even spread out and water level at most 10-20 cm.

BTW, any problems getting drinking water and food?

Like what I told you in PM, my method works to perfection. Hence, no problem with drinking water and food.

I'm ok if the flood is no more than 20 cm. But once it crosses Rama 9, it will go straight into Khlong Saen Saep.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like what I told you in PM, my method works to perfection. Hence, no problem with drinking water and food.

I'm ok if the flood is no more than 20 cm. But once it crosses Rama 9, it will go straight into Khlong Saen Saep.
Actually there are problems getting drinking water in Pattaya. It has been more than a week and the drinking water are sold as soon as they hit the shelves. The options available are Evian and some expensive imported brands or those coin operated Reverse Osmosis (RO) water dispenser. I do have my own water filtration system but that also depend on the tap water quality.

Take care and be prepare.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey guys. I made it out this morning. Had lunch and spent some time with Hazard. Picked up my two luggage and load them in my car. Travel light coming back on 8th then transfer to Singapore the next day.

Now ready to take off in flight JL34 to Haneda for transit to Sapporo and arrive in Sapporo at 10am.

I miss my dog. :-(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey guys. I made it out this morning. Had lunch and spent some time with Hazard. Picked up my two luggage and load them in my car. Travel light coming back on 8th then transfer to Singapore the next day.

Now ready to take off in flight JL34 to Haneda for transit to Sapporo and arrive in Sapporo at 10am.

I miss my dog. :-(
My 2 cents. Why not book a new ticket from Narita to SG and keep the Narita/BKK sectort open? You actually save 2 day.