• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Tribute To Good Old Forum Banter

jw5

Loyal
GMS enjoys a cool drink. :cool:

456695845_10230385704879640_2854012393317850744_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS thinks that PAP has lost the plot. :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

27 August at 19:57 ·

So the Unemployment Benefits will be available to Permanent Residents as well in 2026?

Does it mean that Skill future funds will also be available to PRs as well because in order to qualify for this Unemployment Benefits, one must go for skill upgrading courses...

The fundamental question is, why would we want to give unemployment benefits to PR, helping them to upgrade their skills so that they could continue to work in Singapore? Do we have any obligations to foreigners for making sure they have a job in our country?

Well maybe for foreign spouses of Singaporeans, whom I think should be given citizenship instead. Other than these PRs, I don't see any justifications whatsoever for a country to take care of foreigners who are residing in our country.

When we ask PAP Gov to spend more on Singaporeans or remove land cost to HDB BTO, they accuse us of "raiding the reserves". But spending on foreigners, money or limited budget is no longer an issue?

Seriously, PAP gov has totally lost the plot. It didn't even know what's its priority lies as a government of Singapore!

457318247_10230450813587317_3260827428677037790_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS puts up the same challenge again! :tongue:

Goh Meng Seng

Yesterday at 01:40 ·

HDB-CPF issues are my "Pet Topic" ever since I was in NUS studying Economics.

It is even more so when I stepped up to the political front way back in 2001.

13 years ago I put up a challenge to Mah Bow Tan, then the Minister of National Development, to debate about HDB and Asset Enhancement Scheme issues.

I have repeated my challenge THREE TIMES but he chickened out without responding.

PAP should have known better my views on this HDB-CPF issue. I have written numerous articles on NSP publication North Star since 2008 running up to GE2011.

13 years have passed and inspite of acknowledging my assertion that the value of our HDB flats will become ZERO once the 99 year lease expires, PAP has done nothing to effect fundamental change to the HDB CPF entanglement.

I will once again put up this challenge to any PAP MP or Minister to debate on this HDB CPF issue.

https://youtu.be/nomv_KxNhpI?feature=shared

457399689_10230452824997601_8947487033099472959_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS has a nice breakfast. :wink::coffee::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

3h ·

Back to my favourite tea time hideout.

The price is definitely affordable unlike those chain-stalls Yakun, Killiney or Toast Box, although the quality of the coffee has dropped. This is most probably due to the recent hikes in coffee prices. Prices for tea have also increased significantly in recent months.

However, the coffee still tastes better than those chain stalls.

Best still, the toast consists of 4 large pieces.

Guess how much is the price?

457523227_10230483782811527_9078237604749059272_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS has a nice breakfast. :wink::coffee::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

3h ·

Back to my favourite tea time hideout.

The price is definitely affordable unlike those chain-stalls Yakun, Killiney or Toast Box, although the quality of the coffee has dropped. This is most probably due to the recent hikes in coffee prices. Prices for tea have also increased significantly in recent months.

However, the coffee still tastes better than those chain stalls.

Best still, the toast consists of 4 large pieces.

Guess how much is the price?

457523227_10230483782811527_9078237604749059272_n.jpg

My guess is $3.80. :unsure::coffee::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
GMS applauds ST journalist. :wink::eek::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

1 September at 19:06 ·

I applaud ST journalist's effort in pursuing this issue of Excess Deaths in Singapore (which is one of the highest rate in the world).

After reading the report from ST, the following is my comment:

Age standardized death rate may not be relevant to Singapore to explain away this issue of High Excess Deaths.

In Singapore's context, we have an aggressive immigration policy which contributed an increase of population of 2million people over 20 years, despite of low fertility rate.

Most migrants are younger in age.

We should be looking at the trend of deaths instead. There are some changes in death trends from age to different causes.

It is not helpful when the law has changed whereby autopsy may not be required or the physical presence of coroner may not be needed for people who suffered sudden death of unknown nature. This is especially so when there seems to be an increase in such cases

Demographics doesn't go through a drastic change over a couple of years for the indigenous locally born citizens. The demographic may be skewed by influx of foreigners though. The percentage may be influenced by the injection of substantial number of new young migrants on a yearly basis.

It is also strange for excess deaths happening in 2022 and 2023 to be blamed on Covid infections when the pandemic has basically subsided. I don't think reports of Covid infections are exceptionally high as compared to 2021.

While the "experts" tend to speculate the deaths are connected to Covid infections when death occurs 90 days after infections, inspite of the high vaccination rate, why wouldn't they suspect the deaths are associated with the vaccination when deaths happened 90 days after their jabs!? This is an apparent selection bias on the part of the expert in looking at the data with no objectivity involved.

Last but not least, if people are still dying from Covid after 90 days of infection, isn't it extremely clear that the efficacy of these vaccines should be put in great doubt?

Link to ST article:

https://www.straitstimes.com/.../2102-people-in-s-pore...

jw5

Loyal
GMS is concerned about empty buses. :cautious::coffee::tongue:

Goh Meng Seng

8m ·

Empty bus with Empty seats. 1000 riders per week of 5 days for 7 lines?

Each day each line will most likely have about 6 bus trips. 210 bus trips for 1 week in total. Means each bus trip should have about 5 passengers on average.... Really?

But using $1m for 1 year of political advertising, may be peanuts to them but $1m can feed a lot of poor families... Oh the money didn't come from PAP.

458252140_10230519400381944_5609067792290814979_n.jpg