• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Shootz Isaan (NE Thailand) is even colder, these places I'll be traveling

sure gonna be consuming lots of brandy these few days.

Khon Kaen airport is a small airport with only 2 carousels

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
These are the two of six A380 in TG's stock

Suvarnabhumbi Airport from the sky

Did not know Thai police has their own Fokker, spotted in Khon Kaen airport

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This house in a cluster housing community with security swimming pool and all condo amenities sitting on 328sqm with build-in floor area of 210sqm (3 bedrooms and family room upstairs ; 1 bedroom downstairs) costs 4.8mil baht S$192k. Annual maintenance fee including rubbish disposal is less than $500 per year.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Forgot to add Chiangmai which is very well known to Singaporeans is probably the most important city in the north of Thailand however when it comes to the Northeast of Thailand Khon Kaen is probably the most important city there being centrally located.

Therefore in the past 15 years or so there are lots of new development including foreign investments in this province. Properly prices also increased significantly past 5 years. For my work this is probably the most important place outside Bangkok which explains for my high focus and investments here I'm this province. Khon Kaen can be a supply base to Burma, Laos and in someway Cambodia too.

Like Chiangmai, Khon Kaen is a bastion of the redshirts and stronghold of Thaksin.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arrived in Udon Thani

The hotel Centara is connected to Central Plaza mall

The room is not bad
[video=youtube;mqnh0apYsQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqnh0apYsQo[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube_share;49Nw0OBIjaA]http://youtu.be/49Nw0OBIjaA[/video]

Free flow wine - I like the barrels. Inside is actually those soft aluminum bags of wine.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The weather was pretty chili last night sabai sabai so we decided to have dinner outside. Found a beautiful place just outside Udon Thani town centre. Restaurant Beung Mai Hom is by a lake meaning of the name is Fragrant Wood Lake.

Watching the above video it looks like kampong kampong exactly it's is even the
music. Very sabai sabai.

http://www.buengmaihom.com

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Although in Isaan land this restaurant serves Thai instead of Isaan. Saw quite a few angmohs.

First to arrive is mixed yam (yam luam)

Yam hoon sen

Tom yam catfish (Tom yam pla kang)

Hot plate catfish with Thai herbs (Pla buk patcha)

Deep fried minced ppork laab (laab moo thod)

Shredded coconut miang (miang samonpai)

And my friend Mr. Hennessy

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A very popular breakfast in Udon Thani is Khai Krata, it's basically eggs on pan with some meat. Heard it originated from Vietnamese immigrants and there is a huge Vietnamese population here in Udon.

The roadside shop

First pan with butter over charcoal stove

Then the egg and cover for 5 minutes then add meat and vege

The meal with old style coffee (12 bath for coffee)

Khai Krata (30 baht)

Toast (Kanum pang) (8 baht each)

I have to say I had a great breakfast this morning fro only 58 baht

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, simple street food fare but wholesome.

Just few (belated) pics from Patts other week.

Had a apartment (>60sqm) in View Talay condo, good central location fronting Beach Rd and next door to Central Festival mall. Got lucky with upgrade, balcony all round unit and great view of ocean front. Circa thb2k.

With classic bath tub (pity I didn't make good use of):p

Last edited: