• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone. In Thailand today is a holiday for everyone and many companies tomorrow is also a holiday. For me its working because going to Guangzhou this morning for the Canton Fair. This fair will take me all 3 days and on Friday onwards will be a whirlwind trip that will take me to Foshan, Shunde, Dongguan, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Jiangyin, Hangzhou, Yuhang then back on Tuesday. Total 11 meetings in 4 working days, Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue.

Will post whenever I could. I used to buy the unlimited package with AIS but this trip was advised they have discontinued because the provider in China, UNICOM, their system is not reliable so they discontinued. I am left with buying 200M download which cost me 2500 baht. But this lasts for 1 year and can be use in more than 20 countries.

Sawasdee krup

safe trip bro.:wink:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KYP, your sinkie pal can rely on Speedpost (via Singapore Post). Probably less expensive than big boys DHL/Fedex -but no less reliable. Been there and done it with gifts, got tracking online too.

I used Speedpost when I was in Singapore, but it was only for documents. I'm worried with a new handphone, the Thai custom might impose tax.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I used Speedpost when I was in Singapore, but it was only for documents. I'm worried with a new handphone, the Thai custom might impose tax.

declare it as hand phone parts, they won't know better. :biggrin:

just make sure the item is shipped with tracking info.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speedpost when I was in Singapore, but it was only for documents. I'm worried with a new handphone, the Thai custom might impose tax.
KYP, it's a do-able -parcel post is on menu, not just documents. Suggest you "dis-assemble" from original packing, replace with some innocuous box. And declare as spare parts value (what it's actually worth).

And you can track daily from time it's collected > leaves SG > transit storage > destination THI (for peace of mind).

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my sui sui handphone....still waiting for a reunion:

xperia-arc-s-white-android-smartphone-620x440.png

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Khun Ying, actually don't have worry too much about tax. Just get it sent without the sealed box, it's not considered new import for retail or resale, and therefore non-taxable, just delivery of personal property.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
刀下留人! Hope I am on time.

Think you are aware of the customs 'Blue book' I mentioned in an earlier post. Unless the phone has a special meaning to you, there is a high possibility of being taxed unless you have proof that the item is sent for repair/exchange but that is usually taken care by the local Sony representative.

Dealed with these MIW 'Man In White' in my previous job and can say not a good experience.

If you can wait, I will be making a trip to Sinkingland in June.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
刀下留人! Hope I am on time.

If you can wait, I will be making a trip to Sinkingland in June.

Where got so fast ? I'm still in RoC leh.

Yeah, the phone is so "sexy looking" with curves here and there. I 小生怕怕 Thai custom leh.

I also wonder how people buy phones or other stuff from Ebay or Amazon.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Want to say a big thanks to the bro who recommend using the 'personal hotspot' feature in iphone. Looks like all my aircards will become paperweight liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where got so fast ? I'm still in RoC leh.

Yeah, the phone is so "sexy looking" with curves here and there. I don't there to expose it to Thai custom leh.

I also wonder how people buy phones or other stuff from Ebay or Amazon.
OK, will not go into details of the customs department. Yes, they do tax certain items even if you buy from ebay. One thing I am puzzled is if you buy a ipad online in LOS, you will not be taxed!. Guess what? The packaging shows it's from my beloved Sinking Land!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Khun Ying, actually don't have worry too much about tax. Just get it sent without the sealed box, it's not considered new import for retail or resale, and therefore non-taxable, just delivery of personal property.

KYP got taste one, ok ?

Coming to stay in Thailand you have only ONE and I repeat ONE chance in your life to declare "personal property" and pass through without tax. And even that you must have a good reason like relocation and with work permit. Been there done that when I move my entire home to Bangkok in a forty-footer container.

Yes you got taste, how it work well for you.