• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Very Unwise - LHL

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...i know pple dun like the idea that he is lky's son and became the PM cos' of this reason. but if you see the whole picture, lhl has done well as a pm...anyway, i am glad that he is objective to select a 4th leader and ensure s'pore do survive in another few decades. the reason why i was unhappy is his greedy cronies are abusing their power.

i also admire lky as running a country full of dogs is really tough and he has to iron fist these pple.

boss sam is right, we should not have complained too much, i have a roof over my head and 2 meals a day and i should be contented.:o

Whether LHL is the son of LKY or a taxi driver is not the main point. LHL is judged on his own capability as the PM. As Deng Xiaoping once said:"It does not matter whether it is a black cat or a white cat; as long as it catches the mouse, it is a good cat." This sums up how LHL should be judged.

Sadly, LHL has upset sinkies with his implementation of certain policies. Sinkies can give him a list of such dumb policies. If he has done well, why do we hear swearing and cursing of LHL and the MIW in the public even from ah peks and ah sohs?

LKY had to be tough because he was dealing then with commy sympathisers and other leftists bent on taking over SG. China was not a buddy then unlike now. He had to iron fist them to secure his own position. It was a struggle for survival. The leftists perished and LKY got SG in his hands. Currently, LHL did not have to fight the commy or leftists. He just needs to steer SG in a calm sea but looking out for easy navigation, anticipating typhoons, no strong currents, no hidden rocks.

It is also uncertain whether many sinkies are still able to hold on to their jobs if FTsh are allowed in large numbers into SG. There was even a posting here about a Brit graphic designer taking up a job in SG. Is he really that good as a foreign talent? Why can't that job be given to a local? So, your three meals a day is not guaranteed if a FTsh is able to replace you at any time.

Think about it and let LHL knows about your fear for the future of SG.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly, i have utmost respect for lhl, i know pple dun like the idea that he is lky's son and became the PM cos' of this reason. but if you see the whole picture, lhl has done well as a pm. he is open minded and have regards for those unfortunate, remember the girl whose hand was crushed by the sugarcane machine. he actually bothered to visit her at the hospital. there are too many unfortunate and he can't possibly visit them all. anyway, i am glad that he is objective to select a 4th leader and ensure s'pore do survive in another few decades. the reason why i was unhappy is his greedy cronies are abusing their power.

i also admire lky as running a country full of dogs is really tough and he has to iron fist these pple.

boss sam is right, we should not have complained too much, i have a roof over my head and 2 meals a day and i should be contented.:o

a swallow does not make a summer.

look at how pap has squeezed the poor, even taxing them 7% for GST for healthcare and making money for medicine

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether LHL is the son of LKY or a taxi driver is not the main point. LHL is judged on his own capability as the PM. As Deng Xiaoping once said:"It does not matter whether it is a black cat or a white cat; as long as it catches the mouse, it is a good cat." This sums up how LHL should be judged.

Sadly, LHL has upset sinkies with his implementation of certain policies. Sinkies can give him a list of such dumb policies. If he has done well, why do we hear swearing and cursing of LHL and the MIW in the public even from ah peks and ah sohs?

LKY had to be tough because he was dealing then with commy sympathisers and other leftists bent on taking over SG. China was not a buddy then unlike now. He had to iron fist them to secure his own position. It was a struggle for survival. The leftists perished and LKY got SG in his hands. Currently, LHL did not have to fight the commy or leftists. He just needs to steer SG in a calm sea but looking out for easy navigation, anticipating typhoons, no strong currents, no hidden rocks.

It is also uncertain whether many sinkies are still able to hold on to their jobs if FTsh are allowed in large numbers into SG. There was even a posting here about a Brit graphic designer taking up a job in SG. Is he really that good as a foreign talent? Why can't that job be given to a local? So, your three meals a day is not guaranteed if a FTsh is able to replace you at any time.

Think about it and let LHL knows about your fear for the future of SG.

thank you!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly, i have utmost respect for lhl, i know pple dun like the idea that he is lky's son and became the PM cos' of this reason. but if you see the whole picture, lhl has done well as a pm. he is open minded and have regards for those unfortunate, remember the girl whose hand was crushed by the sugarcane machine. he actually bothered to visit her at the hospital. there are too many unfortunate and he can't possibly visit them all. anyway, i am glad that he is objective to select a 4th leader and ensure s'pore do survive in another few decades. the reason why i was unhappy is his greedy cronies are abusing their power.

Back to this thread.

Do you think lhl was wise to support PIDC and scolding singaporeans who speak up on the issue?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
running a country is not easy, besides i think his mind is on more important issues like our indon and malaysia neighbours who is eyeing our territory.

why wld indon and MY want SG? SG will only bring more problems and trouble to them.

can give just one good reason?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
running a country is not easy, besides i think his mind is on more important issues like our indon and malaysia neighbours who is eyeing our territory.

there are more than 195 presidents and pm in the world. LHL's job is not the most difficult

no one asked lhl to be pm. He was the one who coveted the PM's post. if he cant handle the job, quit, instead of making silly comments and aversely affecting Singaporeans

Last edited:

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are wrong, with SEA booming, they will benefit more if we are gone. i give you 1 example, last time, when china want to trade with indonesia, they have to go thru s'pore as the middleman, nowadays, buying coal is directly between indon and china. can you see the difference if we stand in their way?

why wld indon and MY want SG? SG will only bring more problems and trouble to them.

can give just one good reason?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are wrong, with SEA booming, they will benefit more if we are gone. i give you 1 example, last time, when china want to trade with indonesia, they have to go thru s'pore as the middleman, nowadays, buying coal is directly between indon and china. can you see the difference if we stand in their way?

how can we stand in the way?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

r u suggesting that indon or MY may have idea to invade SG?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember when i was in army, my PC who was a commando regular did say our biggest threat is malaysia, that was in the 90's.

have you thought abt the consequences to MY if it attacks SG unprovoked?

besides the reason given by your PC, wld MY really do it?