• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tunisian imam who said Jews were the ‘enemy,’ tricolor flag was ‘satanic’ and of ‘no value with Allah’, expelled from France. Allahu Akbar!

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Tunisian imam expelled from France for alleged hate speech said on Friday he would take legal action in a bid to overturn the decision.

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/...-expelled-from-france-vows-to-appeal-decision

Mahjoub Mahjoubi, from the town of Bagnols-sur-Ceze in the south of France, denounced his removal as "arbitrary".

The cleric's decision came a day he was expelled from France for "radicalism" and "unacceptable remarks", French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin said in a statement posted on X on Thursday.

"The radical Imam Mahjoub Mahjoubi has just been expelled from the national territory, less than 12 hours after his arrest. We will not let people get away with anything," said Darmanin.

« L’Imam » radical Mahjoub Mahjoubi vient d’être expulsé du territoire national, moins de 12h après son interpellation.
C’est la démonstration que la loi Immigration, sans laquelle une telle expulsion aussi rapide n’aurait pas été possible, rend la France plus forte. Nous ne…
— Gérald DARMANIN (@GDarmanin) February 22, 2024

The 52-year-old was arrested and then deported to Tunisia on Thursday, where he arrived shortly before midnight aboard a flight from Paris.

Mahjoubi had been in France since the 1980s and is married with five children.

While all of his children are French citizens, Mahjoubi had a residency permit in France. His permit has been cancelled by Darmanin.

'Retrograde, intolerant and violent'​

The official order for Mahjoubi's expulsion, seen by AFP, said that in sermons in February he had given a "retrograde, intolerant and violent" image of Islam that would encourage behaviour against French values, discrimination against women, "tensions with the Jewish community" and "jihadist radicalisation".

The imam also referred to "the Jewish people as the enemy", according to the order, which said Mahjoubi called for "the destruction of Western society".

The imam was also accused of sharing a video in which he described the "tricolour" – without specifying if he meant the French flag – as "satanic" and of "no value with Allah".

Mahjoubi defending himself, saying it had been a "slip of the tongue" and that he was referring to rivalries between football supporters of different Maghrebi nations during the recent African Cup of Nations.

"I will fight to return to France where I have lived for 40 years," the imam told AFP in his in-laws' house in Soliman, 30 kilometres (19 miles) east of Tunis.

Mahjoubi, who runs a construction company, said his family, including his youngest child who is in hospital for cancer treatment, depended entirely on him.

"My lawyer is going to take legal action in France if the court does not grant me justice, I will appeal, and then I will appeal to the European Court" of Human Rights, he added.

"I did not insult the Jewish community, nor the flag of France," he said.

A buzz' around France's new immigration law​

Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morning
Subscribe
In another post on X on Thursday, Darmanin said the expulsion was a "demonstration" that a recently approved immigration law "makes France stronger".

The law toughening migration conditions was seen as part of the government's response to the rise of the far-right in French opinion polls.

"Firmness is the rule," said Darmanin, who slammed what he called a "radical imam who made unacceptable comments".

Mahjoubi denounced the expulsion as being based on "an arbitrary decision", and said Darmanin was using his case to "create a buzz around the immigration law".

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion of Peace again.

There will come a time when this religion will be totally banned from all democratic countries.