• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tampines Brothers & Parental Responsibility

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old enough to know that you need medical help for hearing imaginary voices in your head, especially when driving.:rolleyes:

I think it's about time that I tell you children should be seen and not heard. But I guess I'm from the ancient past. Your generation will have to bear the consequences of your own attitude.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's about time that I tell you children should be seen and not heard. But I guess I'm from the ancient past. Your generation will have to bear the consequences of your own attitude.
Now you're channelling old man. Can't argue, so pull out the "I'm older, so I know more" to quash opponents.

Sorry sir. Whatever you say is right. Happy?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you're channelling old man. Can't argue, so pull out the "I'm older, so I know more" to quash opponents.

Sorry sir. Whatever you say is right. Happy?

Let me give you a Lee Bee Wah apology. I am sorry you feel this way about the words I had uttered. Surely this post will put paid

to the perception that I always resort to vulgarities in an argument.

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condolences to the grieving family.

Govnt/LTA/Traffic Police/parents have lots to do in terms of educating the cyclists about WHERE to properly cycle and HOW to cycle safely.

My son was almost run into by a speeding demon (a child who's around 8 years old) speeding along the HDB corridor (he deliberately whizzed down the slope towards the lift and only stopped when we shouted at him) and also around the playgrounds! We've seen him nearly knock down other families and he's stopped after being yelled at by various neighbours.

Dangerous cycling habits to be advised against:
(1) Cyclists who don't sound the bell and expect others to have eyes behind their heads to 'sense' approaching bikes
(2) Cyclists without helmets and sometimes with kids
(3) Speeding within HDB estates (near lift lobbies, playgrounds, driveways)
(4) Cycling against the traffic flow
(5) 'Jay'-cycling across roads
(6) Allowing toddlers and very young children to cycle on pathways
(7) Cycling along ramps meant for strollers/wheelchairs
(8) Bicycles without reflector/bell/light (esp at night)

When I was a kid, I remember seeing road bumps within the estate. No one in the right mind wanted to split their oil tanks speeding through them and there was virtually no issue with cars endangering lives. I sincerely hope never to read about such tragedies.

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condolences to the grieving family.

Govnt/LTA/Traffic Police/parents have lots to do in terms of educating the cyclists about WHERE to properly cycle and HOW to cycle safely.

My son was almost run into by a speeding demon (a child who's around 8 years old) speeding along the HDB corridor (he deliberately whizzed down the slope towards the lift and only stopped when we shouted at him) and also around the playgrounds! We've seen him nearly knock down other families and he's stopped after being yelled at by various neighbours.

Dangerous cycling habits to be advised against:
(1) Cyclists who don't sound the bell and expect others to have eyes behind their heads to 'sense' approaching bikes
(2) Cyclists without helmets and sometimes with kids
(3) Speeding within HDB estates (near lift lobbies, playgrounds, driveways)
(4) Cycling against the traffic flow
(5) 'Jay'-cycling across roads
(6) Allowing toddlers and very young children to cycle on pathways
(7) Cycling along ramps meant for strollers/wheelchairs
(8) Bicycles without reflector/bell/light (esp at night)

When I was a kid, I remember seeing road bumps within the estate. No one in the right mind wanted to split their oil tanks speeding through them and there was virtually no issue with cars endangering lives. I sincerely hope never to read about such tragedies.

You can make a thousand rules, they will be useless if people dont follow them. Courtesy and common sense will get you much further. This has to come from everybody and means to be forgiving at times. Some call it kampong spirit. All i see nowadays is people who want face and their right...

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
If drivers drive defensively for their own safety and for other users of the road, such accidents can be avoided.

In all fairness, don't you think this statement applies to cyclists and pedestrians as well? ie. If all cyclists cycle defensively for their own safety and for other uses of the road, such accidents can also be avoided.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only difference is now is that we are supposedly a more civil and sophisticated society to prevent such harm from happening.

Pardon my ignorance but would you care to explain how simply being a civil and sophisticated society can prevent such harm from happening?

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, look into the mirror frequently so you can see the person/bicycle/car/truck/airplane/elephant BEFORE entering the blind spot. As for Mollusk video, it is explaining blindspots very well HOWEVER only stupids adjust the mirror they way its shown. Does the driver try to see his truck or the area beside it? 80% of the mirror show the truck only, how to see the cyclists? You need to adjust it properly.

Hi peppertail, if I may, what sleaguepunter means is that blindspots are static from the perpective of the driver's position in the cabin while the other road users who may move into and out of the blindspots are dynamic. So, it's like a case of now you see them, now you don't.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...-errant-drivers-school-zones-the-works-201301

By Jalelah Abu Baker
Harsher penalties will be meted out to errant road users, more speed cameras will be installed and more Traffic Police officers will be deployed on the roads.

Second Minister for Home Affairs S. Iswaran revealed these slew of measures on the sidelines of a familiarisation visit to the Security Command Thursday morning.

He revealed these in light of the accident in Tampines earlier this week where two young boys were hit by a cement mixer. He added that a review is in place and that besides enforcement and penalties, road users also have to be educated. More details will be announced soon, he said.

In response to questions from the media on whether it is feasible to re-route heavy vehicles as suggested by Tampines GRC MP Baey Yam Keng, he said a complete avoidance was not possible, due to some construction sites being at the heart of residential areas.

He added that while all road users have a part to play in preventing accidents, heavy vehicle drivers have to especially understand their responsibilities because accidents they get into have more severe consequences.

RELATED STORIES

govt favourite reaction.

bolting the stable after the horses had ran off.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In all fairness, don't you think this statement applies to cyclists and pedestrians as well? ie. If all cyclists cycle defensively for their own safety and for other uses of the road, such accidents can also be avoided.

Definitely. The big difference however is that there are more motorized vehicles out there than cyclists and pedestrians. And when the former hits the latter, it is the latter than bears the brunt of the accident. So, the onus is more on drivers to buck up or stay off the road.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know that Singaporeans do not look left and right and continue to be vigilence while crossing the road? They are complacent and totally ignorance that the street is still a dangerous place. You will even find that many are thrilled when they managed to dodge the on coming traffic, ingoring that it might lead to them regreting for the rest of their life.

If pedestrians make the mistake and they get hit, they bear the pain. If the driver makes the mistake, the pedestrians get hit and bear the pain. So, why should the driver get it light when they make the mistake?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely. The big difference however is that there are more motorized vehicles out there than cyclists and pedestrians. And when the former hits the latter, it is the latter than bears the brunt of the accident. So, the onus is more on drivers to buck up or stay off the road.
don't waste time with this fellow. Typical sinkie who spent half his salary to service his car and COE loan, so thinks that he is entitled to drive like an emperor. He does not even know the safety issues related to long vehicles doing sharp turns and the basics of law and justice.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
govt favourite reaction.

bolting the stable after the horses had ran off.
You forgot one more condition, which is that they will only bolt the stable if others find out and make lots of noise.

There were many cases of reckless driving killing/maiming of cyclists and pedestrians over the past decade. All got off with ridiculously light sentences, some only a warning letter. Everyone will know of friends or relatives who were involved in accidents due to reckless drivers, and yet when the cases were brought up to AGC, nothing gets done. This is almost epidemic level. We have to wait for the sacrifice of the tampines brothers with their gut and brain splattered in front of hundreds of onlookers before this fucking irresponsible MHA and Law ministry get their act together.

Fucktard PAP can insist on death sentence for drug traffickers, but totally close eyes to reckless road killers. AGC spent so much resources on underage prostitute sex trials, yet letting off road killers.

Good riddance to Wong Kan Seng for his decade long mismanagement of MHA. Now we should go after TCH and Sham if they continue to fuck this up.

ZombieFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try crossing a road in Ho Chi Minh blindfolded.
The oncoming vehicles will try the best to avoid you.

[video=youtube;EiyeIHpMbP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiyeIHpMbP0[/video]

Try crossing a road in SG blindfolded.
Be ready to return your IC.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thailand, the unwritten law is very straight-forward, regardless of who the fuck has the right of way..

If bicycle hits pedestrian, bicycle is wrong
If motorbike hits bicycle, motorbike is wrong
If car hits motorbike, car is wrong
If bus hits car, bus is wrong
If truck hits bus, truck is wrong

If pedestrian, bicycle, motorbike, car, bus or truck hits a dog, cat, cow, goat, elephant that belongs to someone, then expect to be lynch-mobbed.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Thailand, the unwritten law is very straight-forward, regardless of who the fuck has the right of way..

If bicycle hits pedestrian, bicycle is wrong
If motorbike hits bicycle, motorbike is wrong
If car hits motorbike, car is wrong
If bus hits car, bus is wrong
If truck hits bus, truck is wrong

If pedestrian, bicycle, motorbike, car, bus or truck hits a dog, cat, cow, goat, elephant that belongs to someone, then expect to be lynch-mobbed.
Something similar exists in English law, which is the basis of Singapore law. It is call duty of care. But over past one to two decades, the new pap and their kangaroo court changed it to a principle called "the richer ones have more equal rights".

If you are rich or well connected, you can get away with road killing. Just like the Braddell brothel prostitute who killed a man because she was on mobile phone while driving.

If you are rich, you can sue others to shut them up, like TT Durai who sued others to cover up his first class flights.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But over past one to two decades, the new pap and their kangaroo court changed it to a principle called "the richer ones have more equal rights".

This principle has nothing to do with the PAP. It's a Chinese thing.