• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Share Your Advice On The Correct Mask For Haze

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PSI ValueHealth Advisory
0 to 50
(Good)
None for the general population
51 to 100
(Moderate)
None for the general population
101 to 200
(Unhealthy)
Persons with existing heart or respiratory ailments should reduce physical exertion and outdoor activity.
The general population should reduce vigorous outdoor activity.
201 to 300
(Very unhealthy)
Elderly and persons with existing heart or lung disease should stay indoors and reduce physical exertion and outdoor activity.
The general population should avoid vigorous outdoor activity.
301 to 400
(Hazardous)
Children, elderly and persons with existing diseases should stay indoors and avoid outdoor activity.
The general population should avoid unnecessary outdoor activity.
> 400
(Hazardous)
Children, elderly and persons with existing diseases should stay indoors, keeping the windows and doors closed and avoiding physical exertion as far as possible
Outdoor activity should be avoided.
The general population should keep physical exertion and outdoor activity to as low a level as possible.

<tbody>
</tbody>

When the 24-h PSI level exceeds 150 in the 'Unhealthy' range, people with existing heart or respiratory ailments or those who are more susceptible to smoke haze are advised to wear a respiratory mask when they go outdoor. People with respiratory ailments are however, advised to consult their doctors on the use of respirator masks.

Respiratory masks, such as N95 masks, are designed to keep out fine particulate matter and hence, protect the wearers from breathing in the smoke haze particles in the air. The mask should be changed when it gets soiled or distorted in shape. Surgical masks and paper masks do not provide adequate protection from the haze particles.

Hourly updates of PSI: http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
haha...this is for bigger hole one...:o

I'm at Geylang eating chicken rice, you wanna come? Got one hiao cheebye aunty kept throwing eye at me. But I really gan buay lo. Looks like my mother in law :o

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one your army friend? :biggrin:

Anyway, business is like this. 天时、地利、人和。Now perfect chance to make money. When I was in Guangzhou, as I came out of the metro station, it started to drizzle. Within 5 minutes, you suddenly see a few people starting to sell umbrellas at the exit. 见准时机!

u shenzhen kangtao got sell mask? rmb 1 can sell here for $5. good deal. since it so light, can pack few hundred pieces and send by dhl. after airfreight charges still can make a killing. will be a quick sale as outside totally no stock. i ask my neighbour who deal with medical supplies, he claimed some big players are stockpiling.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3M respirator masks:

0033264_3m-n95-niosh-approved-respirator-surgical-mask-1870_260.jpeg

images

images

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
u shenzhen kangtao got sell mask? rmb 1 can sell here for $5. good deal. since it so light, can pack few hundred pieces and send by dhl. after airfreight charges still can make a killing. will be a quick sale as outside totally no stock. i ask my neighbour who deal with medical supplies, he claimed some big players are stockpiling.

Got contacts in China. Just whether want to take the money out to try or not. By air is fast but expensive. By ship super cheap but two weeks. By then, the haze blow until Penang liao :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Update!

PSI 299 now! On the way to break record soon :biggrin:

26F676F5-A84B-4270-B174-F3E164FCB48A-6563-00000531E5E3C635_zpsdaa709be.jpg

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got contacts in China. Just whether want to take the money out to try or not. By air is fast but expensive. By ship super cheap but two weeks. By then, the haze blow until Penang liao :biggrin:

jetstar leave sin to guangzhou on sun 2000hrs only $134 and fly back on tuesday 0100hrs $164. u can everything done by monday afternoon and still have time to soak bath.

come back then make up your monday RT.

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
jetstar leave sin to guangzhou on sun 2000hrs only $134 and fly back on tuesday 0100hrs $164. u can everything done by monday afternoon and still have time to soak bath.

come back then make up your monday RT.

you can forget about this. Raider will probably squander away all his money at the sauna, KTV and massage parlour. :biggrin:

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
DIY Emergency N95 mask

The outbreak of haze has depleted the supply of N95 masks.
Here is my version of an alternate.
You can wear it indoors or outdoors.
This one is an instant attention magnet, try it on your MRT rides.
Enjoy!

[video=youtube;2LdNSNA70i4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LdNSNA70i4[/video]

Last edited:

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: DIY Emergency N95 mask

Here is a diagram on how to construct an emergency N95 mask.

[video=youtube;l0rg7-imZrk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0rg7-imZrk[/video]