• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Dud: Singapore was a BARREN island in 1965. True?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And every week I have to buy Toto twice a week in the hope to land the top prize because I know that I'll never see my CPF money when I grow old one day..:mad:

I really dont know about this toto thingie. My friends in high places tell me NOT to buy.Sure lose one!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are loads of citizens who leech off the system too so what's the difference? :rolleyes:

Boss, at least they took up citizenship and are committed to Singapore. Taking up Singapore citizenship means needing to give up the citizenship of any other country as legally, Singapore do not recognise dual citizenship. Hence the commitment from citizens.

Singaporeans can be leeching the systems. They have been contributing to the systems as well.

Unlike some FTs who leeched the system, such as those foreign scholars, who would pack up and go elsewhere to further their education without ever serving a single day of bond or contribute to Singapore in any meaningful way.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really dont know about this toto thingie. My friends in high places tell me NOT to buy.Sure lose one!

Mathematically your friend is correct.

But there are exceptions. Such exception happened when Mother Luck smile at bro zeddy.

I wish Mother Luck smile at bro zeddy soon.

Best of luck bro zeddy :smile:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Old Man is trying to claim credit for the development of Singapore. I just wonder why the comparison with a sleepy fishing village is not brought up again and instead a barren land is used?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lee Kuan Yew is the best politician there is now
The greatest statesman in the world
I salute this great and wonderful leader of ours
Singaporeans should be all proud of him....Majulah Singapura!!!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are loads of citizens who leech off the system too so what's the difference? :rolleyes:

Those who leech off any system are not the locals who stay put because there is little welfare to leech on to, only hard work, blood and sweat. Those who leech off systems are those who migrate to first world countries where welfare is freely available to all who need it or who badly need a break.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we have FTs all the time lah
when i started working in the 60s
my place also got so many FTs
no problems at all
many have settled down here
rooted here....where got problems

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans can be leeching the systems. They have been contributing to the systems as well.

Nobody leeched off the system more than I did.

1. When I was an undergrad, I paid only $500 a year in tuition fees which was a highly subsidised rate.
2. When I was in NS, I was paid big money but did absolutely nothing productive. Spent most of my time playing squash.
3. When I was working, I applied for many EDB grants and subsidies but contributed nothing in return.
4. I then sold the business that the EDB and NPB had helped me to build and emigrated bringing all my assets with me.
5. When I got citizenship in OZ, I immediately withdrew all my CPF.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contrary to what you say, Singapore was full of FTs in 1965. Your father, grandfather etc were FTs.

Sorry beg to differ.. I strongly believes that people from Malaya who came to Spore during the pre war years and post war years should not be called FTs..

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1. When I was an undergrad, I paid only $500 a year in tuition fees which was a highly subsidised rate.
2. When I was in NS, I was paid big money but did absolutely nothing productive. Spent most of my time playing squash.
3. When I was working, I applied for many EDB grants and subsidies but contributed nothing in return.
4. I then sold the business that the EDB and NPB had helped me to build and emigrated bringing all my assets with me.

you are blessed mr sam
no quarrels with what you confessed
yes, you did the right thing
many people did the same too
but there are many here
who think they are no fools....

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its still full of FTs in 1965, contraray to what you said.

Are you referring to Malaysians? Malaysians were part of the same country but were caught on the wrong side (at the time). Many stayed on and eventually opted to stay and convert to Singaporeans. Don't really consider them FTs at that time.

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for your confession. Wow, what a revelation! Oophs, I must be talking with king leech then.

Good that you found happiness elsewhere.

Hey, I heard you look like Hossan Leong, only slightly taller. Is that true?

Last edited: