• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Dud: Singapore was a BARREN island in 1965. True?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What this Old Bastard meant was his FamiLEE's Bank Account was Barren back in 1965..

Now in 2012, his Family's Bank account full of $$$$$$$..

...... and he is playing kuti-kuti with us by witholding our cpf until the age of 65 and not surprising 70, in future announcement.:mad:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... and he is playing kuti-kuti with us by witholding our cpf until the age of 65 and not surprising 70, in future announcement.:mad:

And every week I have to buy Toto twice a week in the hope to land the top prize because I know that I'll never see my CPF money when I grow old one day..:mad:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was pretty barren. I used to cycle to the rural areas where there was nobody around for miles.

yeah you are right. it was barren. and when he came he started to plant all the trees , the grass , bought in the hens , cocks , dogs
ants , cockroaches. with your help of course , as there were only 2 pretenders on the island at the time.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah you are right. it was barren. and when he came he started to plant all the trees , the grass , bought in the hens , cocks , dogs
ants , cockroaches. with your help of course , as there were only 2 pretenders on the island at the time.

Majulah Leongsam! :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Barren? There were jungles and animals.

The old fart was using the term "barren" to mean "unproductive"...ie land not put to any use.

[h=2]bar·ren[/h]  <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" wmode="transparent" flashvars="soundUrl=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/B01/B0119400.mp3"> [bar-uhn] Show IPA
adjective1.not producing or incapable of producing offspring; sterile: abarren woman.

2.unproductive; unfruitful: barren land.

3.without capacity to interest or attract: a barren period inAmerican architecture.

4.mentally unproductive; dull; stupid.

5.not producing results; fruitless: a barren effort.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have to ask Emeritus Minister 1, what he meant by BARREN?? barren as we do not have natural resources, people as our assets?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We have to ask Emeritus Minister 1, what he meant by BARREN?? barren as we do not have natural resources, people as our assets?

Singaporeans have never been assets. They have always been on the liability side of the balance sheet.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This actually brings up several issues.

1) How can a mere MP use the Istana to host a dinner party? How much did it cost? I can see a govt. owned facility being used to host heads of states or dignatories from other govt. and countries, but to host a private dinner party for a corporation?

He's LKY what so even if he's just a mere minister and even if he gets the taxpayers to foot the bill all sinkie lppl and foot the bill for him hosting it in the istana.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This actually brings up several issues.

1) How can a mere MP use the Istana to host a dinner party? How much did it cost? I can see a govt. owned facility being used to host heads of states or dignatories from other govt. and countries, but to host a private dinner party for a corporation?

2) Can LTK also host a dinner party at the Istana? For free, like Old Goat? What are the perimiters for the use of the Istana. I am already very uncomfortable that Gecko's wrinkled corpse was parked at the Istana for public viewing. She was a private citizen, why wasn't she at Singapore casket for viewing?.....................

1) He is an MP only for the world to see that democracy exists in Sg. In reality, he is the Emperor.

2) No. LTK is ONLY an MP.

Cheers!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was pretty barren. I used to cycle to the rural areas where there was nobody around for miles.

U must be wearing blinkers as u cycled. In the olden days, plenty of kampongs with satellite towns built by Hdb to provide services for kampong ppl, ie.. the seletar hill estate, neo teo estate... The first flats built in punggol was in the early 70s, just torn down 5-6 yrs ago for "redevelopment" situated near the current esso petrol station at Sengkang. There were many of these estates that dotted the island. No ppl for miles?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he had actually included assets when he was thinking about barren, I must say today he is right. Singaporeans are barren. And they will leave a barren landscape for the future, that was why his admin imported excessive hordes of fertile Indians that jam your trains and corridors.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At that time there were many Brits soldiers & locals in Spore. The population of Spore must have been 2 million plus.

I suspect that LKY is suffering from dementia & they are trying to keep his public appearances to a minimum :wink:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's LKY what so even if he's just a mere minister and even if he gets the taxpayers to foot the bill all sinkie lppl and foot the bill for him hosting it in the istana.

I wonder how much it cost SIA to retrofit the entire aircraft into a flying hospital to bring that now dead gecko back from London.

How much did it come from that old fart's pocket?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would agree with Old Fart if he says that Spore was a barren land during Sang Nila Utama's era..

But to say that Spore was a barren land back in the 60s, right after the end of British rule and seperation from Malaya, then this Old Fart is really talking cock..

He's getting senile..

It is true in 1965, Singapore was quite barren of PAP MPs and totally barren of FTs. But the people were not barren. They were quite fertile.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true in 1965, Singapore was quite barren of PAP MPs and totally barren of FTs. But the people were not barren. They were quite fertile.

Contrary to what you say, Singapore was full of FTs in 1965. Your father, grandfather etc were FTs.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contrary to what you say, Singapore was full of FTs in 1965. Your father, grandfather etc were FTs.

But those people became citizens of Singapore and hence your labelling is incorrect. They became local talents.

Current FTs are not and do not intent to take up Singapore citizenship. They only want to leech.