• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Dud: Singapore was a BARREN island in 1965. True?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just received a private message from the moderator informing me that I have received an infraction for my reply in No. 96.
I am not a computer genius, neither am I au-fait with the rules and regulations of these columns.
The fcat and the TRUTH is that I was trying to convey to readers as to who that "Gunman or Thug" was.
This was for their general knowledge.
Such infractions means that it is not worth the while imparting our knowledge.
I am however not bothered and just wanted to help.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just received a private message from the moderator informing me that I have received an infraction for my reply in No. 96.
I am not a computer genius, neither am I au-fait with the rules and regulations of these columns.
The fcat and the TRUTH is that I was trying to convey to readers as to who that "Gunman or Thug" was.
This was for their general knowledge.

I used to kena too in the past. Yes, don't let this bother you. Do contribute.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There is nothing wrong with the knowledge that you imparted. You were infracted for quoting the whole post that you were replying to. There is no need for that.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to kena too in the past. Yes, don't let this bother you. Do contribute.

Brother GD.
Thank you for the encouragement.

I will continue to contribute as long as I am able to do so.

There are many young readers, who have the right to such information from the past.

Like our children, these group of people, who may one day become leaders has every right to such information and knowledge.

Only those who appreciate the past will be able to make this nation a lovely place to live and retire.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Brother GD. Thank you for the encouragement.

I will continue to contribute as long as I am able to do so.

There are many young readers, who have the right to such information from the past.

Like or children, these group of people, who will one day become leaders has every right for such information.

Only those who appreciate the past will be able to make this nation a lovely place to live and retire.

Most welcome bro. Not many bros in this forum possess the elephant memory you have. Always enjoyed reading your contributions, very informative.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing wrong with the knowledge that you imparted. You were infracted for quoting the whole post that you were replying to. There is no need for that.

Brother Leongsam,
Sorry for quoting the whole post. It was an act done in good faith and without any malice or ill will to Kopiuncle.
Sadly, I am not a computer genius. Still learning but the pace is a little slow. Step by step...........
I am however very grateful to the many people who has given me lots of knowledge and help in the past. These people had been very patient.
There was a time when I did not know how to post a new topic and I learned it through them.
Singaporeans, by and large are a very patient lot.
So, I am confident that little by little I will learn.

My humble apologies

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like our children, these group of people, who may one day become leaders has every right to such information and knowledge.

I am sure scroobal will be most delighted to include you in a team of SBF bros in contributing towards the 'mother of all books.'

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly, I am not a computer genius. Still learning but the pace is a little slow. Step by step...........

No worries bro. You are not alone. I am also a computer dinosaur! At least you make an attempt to learn more about computers. I don't!

In the 90s, Tee Tua Bah labelled the old timers dinosaurs. Were you still serving then?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure scroobal will be most delighted to include you in a team of SBF bros in contributing towards the 'mother of all books.'

GD,
Writing has always been closest to my heart.
We grew up in poor families and has suffered with the masses.
We ate the burned crumbs of bread with water from the tap.
We shared one "ice-ball" with 4 students.
We endured difficult moments and gave our time to the service of the people and Singapore.
From very young, I had a special place for History and Literature.
Hence I took pains to keep abreast of events.
Memory would always be in me as I witnessed hardship personally.
I have seen Singapore as a growing child in the early 50's and the sacrifices made by her people (our parents and grandparents).
As a young man serving the people of Singapore, I have come to understand the plight of ordinary Singaporeans.
They were a pathetic lot and some still are to this very day.
A visit to L-shaped rooms will expose the indignity with which these forgotten people are living with..
Being brought up in a kampong alongside our farmers, animal husbandrymen and itinerant hawkers, I have learned a lot.
So, please feel free to "tap' whatever knowledge that I may possess as soon as possible before I become senile.
I certainly want to make contributions to your "Mother Of All Books" - The True Singapore Story.
To Scroobal; and you, Thank you.
May your book become a best seller here and in the whole world.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I arrived in Singapore long after Sang Nila and it was a barren as they come. Mr Lee is spot on in his analysis.

In those days Singapore was called New York of Malaysia. How could New York be barren? Even Ellis Island and Long Island were not barren.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries bro. You are not alone. I am also a computer dinosaur! At least you make an attempt to learn more about computers. I don't!

In the 90s, Tee Tua Bah labelled the old timers dinosaurs. Were you still serving then?

Thank you GD.

Yes I remember that remark by TTB.

This was followed by another sim ilar one (about dinosaurs) made by Tan Ngo Chew at a seminar where TTB was present.

TTB wasn't happy with the similar statement made by TNC.

What I knew from others was that TNC was chided by TTB backstage.

These people forgot that dinosaurs are up to now a mysterious lot with fossils being found here and there.

TheWhiteHorse

Alfrescian
Loyal
To this fucker Singapore was barren but only in his eyes. That's why he went to the rural areas occupied the 50k sqft, 80k sqft lands and sent the families to live in pigeon holes.

Make a living for 2 million? Sorry bro, we were living off the land, our land, with our pigs, chicken and sugarcane in jalan pemimpin before being packed off to some pigeon hole in your beloved son's estate.
We had a vibrant community in pek san teng a million times better than your fake community centre, we had our wayang stage, street market, coffee shops. The 'tai hei' and fire walkers were way more entertaining than your ang moh buskers. The sense of community you will never replicate with your fucked up FT integration programs.
Barren?

You can fool the Gen x, y or z. But sorry sir, you can't fool those who were around long enough.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for this revelation! Now I know! The whole civil service ministries are dedicated to his service - ISD, MND, MHA, what else..

No 51 Cluny Hill.....50,000 sq ft of freehold land.

Fucking old leech was suppose to move in there after his retirement and his ball-carriers were quick to convert Cluny Rd which once was a through road from Bkt Timah to Napier Rd to a one way street from Cluny Hill for his security.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I drove pased Ponggol rd to eat sea food at Choon Seng in the early days, I told
myself what the hack a row of terrace house doing in the middle of the rubber plantation
and forested area, now these houses are surrounded by concrete jungle, and off
course the value of these houses worth only 20k, today worth million!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. can its script writers provide old broke record more newer materials leh?
3. same old same old crap!
4. i 60s this, me 60s that.
5. one-man emperor or what!
6. blahs, blahs, and more blahs.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In those days Singapore was called New York of Malaysia. How could New York be barren? Even Ellis Island and Long Island were not barren.

In the 60's I remember that Spore was the 4th largest port & involved in the entrepot trade. Collyer Quay was packed with bum boats & busy transfering goods.

LKY is obviously now a senile last leaf :smile:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Every time he brings it up, it gets worse. First was sleepy fishing village, than now barren land, next will be primordial swamp inhabited by single cell organisms.

The next thing you know, it will be accepted as scientific fact by MSM that prior to 1965 that nothing existed at all and it was by his will alone, the universe came into being on 9th August 1965 via the Big Bang