• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal,
Good one :smile: ! The last round when i moved into my rented home, i did roll pineapple and i strike 4D within the same week. Actually didn't wanna be superstitious but MIL insisted so just do it. So now i will do it too.
Cheers and huat ar!!!

Last edited:

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent,
No worry!
I was looking at Hong Lee grill , windows and glass fence in the website as well :smile:
Looking at the same type of fence too . Nice but it is expensive?

Mind to pm me their quotation?
Any carpenter for kitchen cabinets to share too?

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent,
I will remove the existing door and change to windows instead.
The existing sliding door , i will remove and change to thicker solid door( more secure)and extras to windows.
Hope this is not expensive.

As for the back area, Either extend all the way , 2-3 ft without utility room helps a lot. I prefer more windows too.
The island is for me to prepare dough for cookies & buns :smile:. Without the island is a bit difficult to do my creative stuffs . Your wife surely need this is she loves to bake. I will build a door at the wet kitchen entrance too.

Let me know if you hv better cost saving ideas.

Another altenative is break side wall for the entrace of dry kitchen.
You can have your island there too. A lot ideas in my head and will go for best suit and practical.

For masterbedroom, extend till existing balcony. The excess flat roof as balcony. Might fence or build concrete wall both side as i dont feel safe now. Anyone can run across fm one balcony to another.sorry for being a little " kiasi" here.

Go Checkout the layout when you go there. It is Different. I prefer end lot as minimal reno needed with more windows.

The study room on top , i will need to check exact space again. Build a staircase up . Not sure you can get the picture. I will look for a picture to show you.

Still waiting for your fence picture. Thnks!

Hi booga, if you change your sliding door to become the main entrance, won't that allow a direct in/out flow for your house? The little that I know about feng shui; they said it's not good for the direct floor; something about not allowing the wealth to stay in the house... I did see some solid metal security doors at the HomeDec; it comes with 9 bolts and double-turn keys and it's own metal frame and a fish-eye "hole" to see the outside. I think the price was around RM3k++

My wife wants an island in her kitchen too, even though she may not bake so much. So, we might extend the wet kitchen out to the side by another 5-6 ft and enlarge the area. Can't really think of how to reduce cost for this particular reno, other than not to have it... heheh.

You know, our balcony has that sloping roof with 2 supporting columns; I don't like the columns and if the sloping roof can be cut off, then it would be nice. Agree on the part where people can walk into your balcony from the next door; similar design in my rented Gateway house now.

I'll have a look this weekend since I'll be free; hopefully can find an unlocked intermediate house. Probably have to go towards 8/11 and further back houses as I noticed they have started locking the houses near the semi-dees. As for the study room, I think I understand what you wanna do. Do you plan to use your airwell space to make another room and build stairs like in www.bronteattic.com.my?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent,
No worry!
I was looking at Hong Lee grill , windows and glass fence in the website as well :smile:
Looking at the same type of fence too . Nice but it is expensive?

Mind to pm me their quotation?
Any carpenter for kitchen cabinets to share too?
I don't have a quotation; didn't get any because my house isn't ready yet. These are all just ideas for now, so it's still in a growth stage. As for kitchen cabinets, ever thought of doing aluminium... heheh. Apparently aluminium has plenty of usages which I didn't even consider, e.g. shoe cabinets and sliding patio doors. Will probably start preparing price lists in April '13; gives us around 1-2 months to get an idea of who we wanna use as contractors and our budget.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Bronte Attic is so tempting. I've been wanting to have an attic with a sloping ceiling and window panel all these while and when I spotted the booth at the recent Homedec exhibition I was ecstatic. But it looks like it'll cost a bomb!
Also not sure if my unit has the space to create one. Maybe above the family room? Definitely will investigate! :smile:

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent,
Erhh , you meant enter the front door and out back door ? But the doors not parallel right?
I am no good at feng shui but definately don't like my current door position.
I dun want a solid timber door with fish eye. Not metal.

Ya going to remove that 2 sticks too at the balcony. Wanna place glass fencing at the balcony hee.

Yup, use the airwell space but not like the link u gave.
Similar .. I am thinking of permanent staircase with build in bookshelves underneath the stairs space and open space concept study room.
Still thinking ...

I wanted a white coated alu windows. But currently is original silver. Bro, any idea to fix this? Paint over or change the windows & sliding doors? If too expensive i will just remain .

As for kitchen cabinet, don't fancy aluminium.

All these just rough idea.. Might change if have better ones.

Try check the last row at the playground area unit. Might not be lock.
If not mistaken end lot no airwell, right? Coz sufficient windows.
I find intermediate lot insufficient window and i will add more if extend kitchen.

Keep sharing.. Thanks!

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent

I went last week , check out the intermediate house just beside the show house , most likely not locked.
Also i went inside the showhouse , the 2 guests rooms upstairs was burnt and beside the stairs where used to have a bar counter.....
Btw , intermediate house upstairs guests rooms toilets are shared ....

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup Crystal,
Less one toilet for me to wash . In my favour.
Btw, the room sizes same? No airwell right?

Vincent,
I meant i prefer timber door with fish eye but not metal door and need not have too many locks. Typo earlier.
In case emergency, can't run also .. Hee.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Booga

Yes , end lot has windows so no airwell ...
rooms size looks the same for me , i am bad in estimating the sizes ...

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think should be same size but with more windows , home will be brighter and optical illusion might make ur place bigger and comfy :smile:

Katfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good morning peeps,

I am Katherine, new to this tread. My husband are I are looking for unit in NI, would appreciate if anyone could share some information with us.. :smile: thanks..

Cheers,
Katherine

Katfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys,

I am Katherine, new to this thread. My husband and I are looking for unit in NI, would appreciate if anyone could share some information here.. :smile: thanks..

Cheers,
Katherine

Katfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys,

I am Katherine, new to this thread. My husband and I are looking for unit in NI, would appreciate if anyone could share some information here.. :smile: thanks..

Cheers,
Katherine

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Katherine

Welcome to NI community , as of now , 8B are all sold out ...
U might wan to check out 8A unit from our forummer Vincentck , he is going to get the keys soon. do look at the own properties thread for own selling , he has posted the info there or u can pm him for more detailed infos.

Katfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Katherine

Welcome to NI community , as of now , 8B are all sold out ...
U might wan to check out 8A unit from our forummer Vincentck , he is going to get the keys soon. do look at the own properties thread for own selling , he has posted the info there or u can pm him for more detailed infos.

Thanks Crystal. :smile: will check up the thread later. Are you staying there now or waiting for key? Cheers..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 nice bro (Mingchye) shared this info in our FB grp , I shall post it here as well :

customer service.jpg

Any prob , please feel free to contact the above .

I have emailed them with regards to mosquitoes breeding area at my backyard , lets see they solve the probem when i visit my house this week again ....

mosquitoes breeding.jpg

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah getting appointment for handover fr project handover proves to be trickier as date/time are all full. No weekend apptments..
Btw any bros/sis here who taking over vacant possession semi-d n were promised lifetime golf membership at HH at pt of purchase? How will u be issued with the membership..any idea? Apparently sales said when handing over they will brief u but when i asked project handover office they said they dunno abt this n its bet u n d sales? When i asked sales they said in process? Dont they plan this in advance?