• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro wuqi, with the recent bashing of a RI kid in potong pasir, i seriously don't see much differences already. look at the no. of corpses found in bedok reservoir. singapore used to be a very safe place.. but imho, not anymore.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Icyraine,
Can you share with us why you chose the semi-d at East Golf facing highway instead of the ones in West Golf?
Are those resale semi-dees in West Golf being marketed by the sale people of Horizon Hills?
By the way, all the best on the IVF, best of luck to you.

Well, our initial thought is to go for the 2 storey 50x100 (West Golf), we like it's really nice master bedroom with super-large bath tub and wardrobe , in fact the tiles that been used are slightly better quality than those used in the 35x80 semi D. West Golf is also more exclusive bcoz it only consist of Semi D and Bungalows. If it's still 1.4 m than i would go for it but now it's been resale at 1.8m then i need to think about the pros and cons.

The 35x80 Semi D in East Golf are actually much smaller than the 50x100 (though the build up is the same in both but 30X80 is 3 storey so the feel is smaller ). The intermediate type is priced at 1.5m but I am pretty lucky to get a corner lot. In front of the house is a play ground/ landscape, back is the golf view and there is nothing blocking on my right side as well, so i have nothing blocking on 3 sides. As compare to the 50x100, though the land area is bigger but you will find that you are surrounded by houses at the back and both sides, it feels pretty congested. Since it's priced at the same price (1.8m), we finally decided to go for the 35x80.

Besides, we don't have kids at the moment and the rooms in 50x100 feels a little too big for us.. I am pretty glad with the purchase as these semi Ds are selling very quickly too, i visited the sales office a few times and every 1-2 weeks a part, one unit is gone.

Regarding the resale of 50x100 semi Ds, yes... the HH sales people know all about it, they do "side bussiness" coz they brought me to 3 units that the owner intended to sell.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe someone can try to see what kind of punishment... hope he won't be asked to do nude squat.. (of course it depend on the fines... if too expensive, nude squat can be an alternative)

I am not sure whether there are SG bros here who crossed the 30 day mark. Maybe suay suay kanna dengue or what got to rest in JB house for more than 1 month....or no contract work for the next month and forgot to go back to SG to chop passport. I think there could be situations like this.

I know for the old folks home in JB who housed SG folks, they have the immigration officers coming to the old folk's homes to do the "chopping" once a month...don know whether got such mobile service for the public or not?..haha.

Cheers.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
some of us are considering buying the house for parents.. as we know, it is a large place and driving is somewhat essential.
one question.. what is the maximum age one can drive in malaysia, compared to singapore (70yr old?)
if the malaysian one lasts longer than the singapore one.. is it possible to take exam for malaysian driving license (if possible? or if they take up the mm2h programme?)

considering for our aged parents to move over.. transport is not as efficient as in singapore, and friends/relatives are so far away.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proton Inspira 2.0, equilvalant of Mitsubishi Lanser EX 2l, is selling at 80K+rm brand new.. road tax 400+rm per year.. Can drive forever, can also change the Proton logon and Grill to Mitsubishi.. not bad right?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi All,

I have been following this thread since 12 months ago while looking for investment opportunity at Iskandar/Nusajaya. I am glad that all the pioneers on this thread have provided very good advice. I have since invested on a few properties at Nusajaya. I am particular impressed with a few of the early investors whom have taken the lead and given us some good insight.

Hope to be a contributor to the enlarging community here....

Hi Nusajaya,

Welcome to the community :smile: I'm a bull on Nusajaya too, not even the predicted crisis ahead can dampen my bullish views.

There might be hugh supplies of properties in Iskandar in coming future, but supplies(especially small terraces) in prime lands of Nusajaya which are nearest to Sg are limited.

There might be reduction in demand for Sg properties(predicted by experts, not me), but I don't see the same for Nusajaya's smaller and cheaper terraces as their prices are still cheaper than many HDB. In my opinion, not all properties are affected the same way in a crisis. Eg. We can see a fall in prices of the most expensive private properties but at the same time still see some appreciation of smaller HDB units which might become popular during a crisis. I'm looking at Nusajaya's small terraces as if they're equivalent to HDBs, thus a continued demand if even if a crisis hits. Then again, how long can a crisis last? 1-2 years? As long as we're holding for longer term like 5 years and longer, then we're quite safe for sure.

Unless this coming crisis last for years, then it might eventually dampen the demand even for cheaper terraces in Nusajaya. But if, like all previous crisis which lasted briefly, then small terraces in Nusajaya should remain quite safe. Then again, as long as we are holding for longer term, no worries then :smile:

Anyway these are just my views, it anybody's guess on the effect of the crisis on prices anyway. Enjoy your weekend.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia property show at orchard hotel today an tomorrow. Entrance free.
I will be viewing 5 properties at ledang heights over the weekend. Hopefully I can get what I want.....

Cheers,
PH

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wondering if there are many Singaporeans passing by 2nd link to the outlet, would there be any chances for them to notice the development and progress of nusa jaya and medini? People normally used to see to believe, then more people will be coming into jb's property market? Ha..

We were lucky that people could not see the ongoing developments in Nusajaya in the past when they passed by along 2nd Link Highway, they only saw run-down half-built bungalows in Ledang Heights. But it's a different story now as people traveling on 2nd Link Highway are seeing the mega structures of buildings like the Stadium and Universities in Educity and they are becoming curious about what's going on inside. Many more are now venturing into Nusajaya to check things out.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like we have a few early birds visiting JPO, kindly update your field reports (better if got pictures) here so that the rest of the brothers and sisters can enjoy .
Now is that official open or not ? Thanks !

Hi aangsc and every other forumers,
You can see 60 photos of Johor Premium Outlets in Super325 Blog.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, our initial thought is to go for the 2 storey 50x100 (West Golf), we like it's really nice master bedroom with super-large bath tub and wardrobe , in fact the tiles that been used are slightly better quality than those used in the 35x80 semi D. West Golf is also more exclusive bcoz it only consist of Semi D and Bungalows. If it's still 1.4 m than i would go for it but now it's been resale at 1.8m then i need to think about the pros and cons.

The 35x80 Semi D in East Golf are actually much smaller than the 50x100 (though the build up is the same in both but 30X80 is 3 storey so the feel is smaller ). The intermediate type is priced at 1.5m but I am pretty lucky to get a corner lot. In front of the house is a play ground/ landscape, back is the golf view and there is nothing blocking on my right side as well, so i have nothing blocking on 3 sides. As compare to the 50x100, though the land area is bigger but you will find that you are surrounded by houses at the back and both sides, it feels pretty congested. Since it's priced at the same price (1.8m), we finally decided to go for the 35x80.

Besides, we don't have kids at the moment and the rooms in 50x100 feels a little too big for us.. I am pretty glad with the purchase as these semi Ds are selling very quickly too, i visited the sales office a few times and every 1-2 weeks a part, one unit is gone.

Regarding the resale of 50x100 semi Ds, yes... the HH sales people know all about it, they do "side bussiness" coz they brought me to 3 units that the owner intended to sell.

Thank you so much for sharing. That's the beauty of forum, save us a lot of trouble/traveling/time if we were to find out information by ourselves. Everyone share info and everyone gain.

Last edited:

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proton Inspira 2.0, equilvalant of Mitsubishi Lanser EX 2l, is selling at 80K+rm brand new.. road tax 400+rm per year.. Can drive forever, can also change the Proton logon and Grill to Mitsubishi.. not bad right?

personal opinion, prefer perodua quality /reliability than proton car. i have 2proton before and i wont go for 3rd:smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
personal opinion, prefer perodua quality /reliability than proton car. i have 2proton before and i wont go for 3rd:smile:

Oh thanks.. I don't know it is so bad.. But thought it is a Mitsubishi in equivalent.. I am more keen to get a Hilux or Triton though.. But not in a hurry..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wish you get your choiced property.. This place will become more prosperous with more and more investors like you guys..

I will be viewing 5 properties at ledang heights over the weekend. Hopefully I can get what I want.....

Cheers,
PH

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah a great car inspera is, retuned suspension settings for malaysian road plus many more really not bad :wink:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers,
PH

Are you viewing any today? I would like to view them too if you don't mind. But don't worry as I won't be your competitor, it'll just be a jalan jalan look see look see trip for me. I'll drive my own car.

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of one SMU girl who stayed in Desa Cemelang. When her classes is at 8am, she needs to leave her house at 5am and wake up at 4am. She walks 30 minute to the "nearest" busstop in the pitch darkness along with some other workers and students and spend the next couple of hours on malaysia bus, then bus 170/160/causeway link, then MRT etc etc. When her classes end at 5pm, she will rush and rush with other commuters and reach home probably 830pm on a good day. On days when there are jams, it take 4-5 hours to go home from SMU. And when I asked if its tiring, she said NO, used to it already.

And Spore kids are whining when you asked them to walk 30 minute to school.

AGREE...:biggrin:

Actually disagree with the grades suffering, maybe development a bit. I have seen hordes of MY kids going into Singapore to study.
If anything, the long journey reinforces their determination to be better and i can see that they tend to strive harder with fire in their
bellies.

Sometimes a little hardship toughens the kids, these days kids are too soft. Everything they want instant, instant gratification, easy this, easy that.
We need to ask ourselves sometimes, the kids we are developing in Singapore these days, learning under so much pressure, learning so many things at once and maintain high grades. Are they really educated despite going through all the hardship, lugging heavy bags, etc?

In the end, these well "trained" kids have to compete for the same jobs as kids from other countries who may have taken a slower/gentler and not as taxing route. Why do we need to stress our kids so much so that in the end they have to compete with people who didn't need to go through all of this (yet are good enough to be deemed suitable to compete for jobs with them.)

Agrees again...

Yes, traveling is a major hinderance especially for families with kids.
Even if I am willing to wake up at 5am, the wife may not take it.
Even if she can sacrifice, the kids will suffer with the daily travel and waste of time.
It WILL affect their development and grades.
If I am single, I will go in and stay.

When my wife decided to buy property in jb 1 of the questions I asked her is our travelling back and forth for our son schooling and she said sacrifcing for betterment is 1 of the ways to raise our kid and if shes more then willing whois to complain??. So far theres never any complain or whining from our son except me when at times reaching sg custom and seeing many queeing I 'sigh' which my wife hate so much and she would finger point to the the jammed packed motorcyclist coming to sg daily too just to make life better. She also said lifes will be full of 'craps', make chilli craps or blackpepper craps, enjoys it and move on LOL shes always been the positive side of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.