• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_S

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couldn't help but notice the LaSenza Lingerie shop selling the 2 Bras for RM100!....i could be wrong but i thought i normally see them like 3 for $10 type at Pasar malam!?..hahaha.

wear inside one already so ex...cannot imagine the wear outside one!.

hey bro, guess you have no idea how much has your wife spent on bras? :biggrin:

Btw, a success of premium outlet will be also a success of Iskandar Project.

Wondering if there are many Singaporeans passing by 2nd link to the outlet, would there be any chances for them to notice the development and progress of nusa jaya and medini? People normally used to see to believe, then more people will be coming into jb's property market? Ha..

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
With your budget , maybe u wan to consider N.Idaman? Hee , a few of us bought there , if we stay closer , we can help u whenever is possible.
Dun worry abt the food , Bro Wuqi mentioned before , the nearby coffeeshops can do a delivery service with extra RM1 or RM2 , so no prob ....
The current Phase 8B will take 1.5-2yrs to complete , so during this time frame , faster get yr driving license. I heard the promotion -10K from sales price has extended till end Dec.
Go and see for yourself and feel whether u like the place or not , no pt asking so much , seeing is believing ....

Hi crystal tiong..

i am intending to get a decent place with better security. as u see my parents are pretty old.. so cannot afford to get anywhere that is dangerous.

i heard that NI P8 has goodsecurity.

why the rest not so good? hmmmm

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I have been following this thread since 12 months ago while looking for investment opportunity at Iskandar/Nusajaya. I am glad that all the pioneers on this thread have provided very good advice. I have since invested on a few properties at Nusajaya. I am particular impressed with a few of the early investors whom have taken the lead and given us some good insight.

Hope to be a contributor to the enlarging community here....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi crystal tiong..

i am intending to get a decent place with better security. as u see my parents are pretty old.. so cannot afford to get anywhere that is dangerous.

i heard that NI P8 has goodsecurity.

why the rest not so good? hmmmm

Hi
As what my sales told me , Prescint 8 is the most premier among the rest.
We are the only have have access card to get in , beside having security card and point of enter and exit with cameras.
Those who want to access to the lake , will have to register at the guardpost.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

I am back from JPO , thanks to the bros who taught me the way.
Its pretty straightforward , if i can get there , am sure everyone can do it ....
Well , the things there are not so dirt cheap like US , I compared a coach bag which my sis bought in US and in JPO is selling SG$200 more !! So please check first before buying though have 30percent at coach. Only some bargains buy worth it with extra discount if u are vip or buy 3 pieces at once....
But still , i still spent a couple of hundreds to buy adidas , levis , quicksilver etc .....some of the tshirts are quite cheap , can grab a few for xmas presents ....
And no problem with parking , i went around 12plus and left 3 plus , while exiting , the coming in car park gantry hs faulty who caused a long jam ....heng for me ....
Anyway there is plenty of carparks , very easy to get a lot , and parking is free for the first 10 days or so , after that have to pay .....

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good.. Sure the price is cheaper than Singapore right? Now got all reasons not to spend in Singapore till the landlord lower rental cost and bring price down to reasonable level.. US is definitely cheaper..

Hi guys

Its pretty straightforward , if i can get there , am sure everyone can do it ....
Well , the things there are not so dirt cheap like US , I compared a coach bag which my sis bought in US and in JPO is selling SG$200 more !! So please check first before buying though have 30percent at coach. Only some bargains buy worth it with extra discount if u are vip or buy 3 pieces at once....
But still , i still spent a couple of hundreds to buy adidas , levis , quicksilver etc .....some of the tshirts are quite cheap , can grab a few for xmas presents ....
And no problem with parking , i went around 12plus and left 3 plus , while exiting , the coming in car park gantry hs faulty who caused a long jam ....heng for me ....
Anyway there is plenty of carparks , very easy to get a lot , and parking is free for the first 10 days or so , after that have to pay .....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I saw this article and just about to say.. ppl say sg is safe.. i guess it's not so anymore.. so what's the diff between jb n sg?

People should take a serious long and very hard look at the statistics. This is just from April - June alone. I got showed this by an FT when i told him SG was still very safe. The difference between SG & JB is that you still have to travel to JB to be robbed whereas in SG, you don't have to travel so far to be robbed.

Just some areas below, both normal and notorious. Geylang has 15 robberies taking place from April to June, 2011. Orchard is far safer, just 3 robberies in Orchard.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/infomap/infomap_index.htm

Toa Payoh
Crime Statistics (April - June 2011)

Crime Cases
Robbery 4
Housebreaking 5
Snatch Theft 3
Motor Vehicle Theft 5
Outrage of Modesty 12

Bedok North

Crime Cases
Robbery 3
Housebreaking 7
Snatch Theft 4
Motor Vehicle Theft 13
Outrage of Modesty 10

Orchard

Crime Cases
Robbery 3
Housebreaking 8
Snatch Theft 2
Motor Vehicle Theft 5
Outrage of Modesty 30

Bishan

Crime Cases
Robbery 3
Housebreaking 4
Snatch Theft 3
Motor Vehicle Theft 6
Outrage of Modesty 6

Geylang

Crime Cases
Robbery 15
Housebreaking 10
Snatch Theft 10
Motor Vehicle Theft 21
Outrage of Modesty 19

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been on a long trip. So glad to be back to the thread and see many new bros and sis joining the community here.

Dear Bro Wuqi, Congratulations for your upcoming new baby! Your kids are so lucky to have you as their father.

All of wuqi's kids will get something. :smile:
This is really a good place for me, despite its warts and all. Really happy here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys

Hi Crystal, we just went there today too. Reached there around 6.20pm as we left our place about 5.54pm. Quite near actually. When we went home, took the highway and reached home (HH) in less than 20 minutes. Very hectic day today working, now still working and probably over the weekend as well.

Went to some stores and bought some nice bedsheets for the parents. Small selection at Timberland and Tommy Hilfiger isn't open yet. Some of the stuff isn't cheap and agree with you about the Coach bags. Even if i go to Macys without a discount, its still cheaper but then its still cheaper than SG. Long line at the coach place. We finally left at about 8plus. Still a long long line of cars coming in even at 8 plus.

By then, it was a very long queue. There is a Thai place near the Nike shop, its name is Absolute Thai. Not bad food but quite bad service, we ordered food but they left out chicken wings, informed the same waiter and he said on the way. In the end, after even the desert was finished, we asked another waiter. Turned out that it was never ordered. This being their first day so just left it as a first day mistake. Food is nice though but they ran out of Thai ice tea before we came.

SMSed a few friends to share with them some thoughts and observations of JPO. Like its size compared to Gilroy or the Woodbury place. A bit more stuctured like a shopping centre rather than the sprawl of the US counterpart especially Gilroy.

As i stood there waiting for my family, kind of felt moved by what i saw. Here i am, a dreamer who believed in this place, seeing things slowly unfolding. The feeling, i still cannot describe it. My sister summed it well when she walked by and looked at me looking at the place, patted me on the back and said, "Well your dream has come true. How things have changed for one of the greatest detractor of JB in the past."

It certainly has changed me a lot.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
I arrived at Johor Premium Outlets yesterday (Dec 2, 2011) at around 5pm. I was so surprised to see there were so many cars parking already in the parking lots and there were already many people. After 7pm, more and more people went there. I stayed there with my wife and kid until 8:30pm. On the way back, there was a long long queue of cars waiting outside the entrance to go in JPO.

My wife and I did not buy anything there. It seemed there was nothing there that could attract attention of my wife (got spoiled by and used to those clothes and styles we saw in the US while we were there). A lot of shops giving out discount required purchase of at least 2 or 3 items. We went to the Puma shop and saw exactly the same pair of shoes (30% discount) I bought while I was on a trip in Hong Kong. The price that I paid was a nondiscounted price but was still cheaper than the discounted price at JPO. Of course the price is still cheaper than the one in Singapore. We also spent some time in La Senza but my wife did not like their bras and lingerie so much. Actually we prefer Victoria Secret. Wonder why they don't have Victoria Secret there. My wife and I just had a discussion. Both of us thought a lot of things (e.g., clothes) in the US were actually cheaper and of better design, quality and more variety. Rice plates in the food court there were expensive. The taste and the price of barbecued food there were ok though.

On the way back, we took Causeway link bus back to Singapore. Yesterday was the first time we used MACS. When we went in Malaysia in the afternoon, our passports were scanned. On our way back to Singapore, at an immigration counter at CIQ 2nd link (Malaysian side), the immigration officer did not scan our passports. He just took a look at the MACS thing in our passports and let us pass. Is this normal? If the officer did not scan the passports, how on earth did the system in Malaysia immigration know we had left Malaysia? So the system only has a record of us going into Malaysia but does not have the one indicating we left Malaysia. Our social visit pass is only good for 30 days. So after 30 days, the system will indicate we overstay in Malaysia unless we go back to Malaysia within 30 days. Does any Bro and Sis here have similar experience?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for your kind words Mathstub.
Glad you went there as well.

Not to worry for the MACS. The common excuse to use is that the system was down when you went out/in or it was late when you went in and office said system was down when you asked.

Anyway, the SG side will have records of your entry and exit so in the worst case, you have that as a proof. Normally they won't be really bothered once you have the MACS. The 30 day period will be automatically renewed once you leave MY. You can then come back on the same day without needing to stay in SG for a minimum period. I think they had problems initially in the very beginning when they first implemented MACS, there was some hiccups but i think they straightened things out. So many friends of mine now have MACS, so far ok.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, Bro Wuqi for clarification regarding MACS.

Any Bros here have you tried street food sold by street hawkers close to Aeon Jusco Bukit Indah?

Not to worry for the MACS. The common excuse to use is that the system was down when you went out/in or it was late when you went in and office said system was down when you asked.

Anyway, the SG side will have records of your entry and exit so in the worst case, you have that as a proof. Normally they won't be really bothered once you have the MACS. The 30 day period will be automatically renewed once you leave MY. You can then come back on the same day without needing to stay in SG for a minimum period. I think they had problems initially in the very beginning when they first implemented MACS, there was some hiccups but i think they straightened things out. So many friends of mine now have MACS, so far ok.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes i have, even at the lok lok van outside Allianz bank. I am still alive and kicking (as far as i know).

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worry on MACS. Have been thru that numerous times for over a year. Officers at either causeway or 2d link often just take a look at the MACS and then pass back passport. A few times, they typed something into their computer terminal before passing back. Never a single question. Some even appear happy for a sinlang job.
I arrived at Johor Premium Outlets yesterday (Dec 2, 2011) at around 5pm. I was so surprised to see there were so many cars parking already in the parking lots and there were already many people. After 7pm, more and more people went there. I stayed there with my wife and kid until 8:30pm. On the way back, there was a long long queue of cars waiting outside the entrance to go in JPO.

My wife and I did not buy anything there. It seemed there was nothing there that could attract attention of my wife (got spoiled by and used to those clothes and styles we saw in the US while we were there). A lot of shops giving out discount required purchase of at least 2 or 3 items. We went to the Puma shop and saw exactly the same pair of shoes (30% discount) I bought while I was on a trip in Hong Kong. The price that I paid was a nondiscounted price but was still cheaper than the discounted price at JPO. Of course the price is still cheaper than the one in Singapore. We also spent some time in La Senza but my wife did not like their bras and lingerie so much. Actually we prefer Victoria Secret. Wonder why they don't have Victoria Secret there. My wife and I just had a discussion. Both of us thought a lot of things (e.g., clothes) in the US were actually cheaper and of better design, quality and more variety. Rice plates in the food court there were expensive. The taste and the price of barbecued food there were ok though.

On the way back, we took Causeway link bus back to Singapore. Yesterday was the first time we used MACS. When we went in Malaysia in the afternoon, our passports were scanned. On our way back to Singapore, at an immigration counter at CIQ 2nd link (Malaysian side), the immigration officer did not scan our passports. He just took a look at the MACS thing in our passports and let us pass. Is this normal? If the officer did not scan the passports, how on earth did the system in Malaysia immigration know we had left Malaysia? So the system only has a record of us going into Malaysia but does not have the one indicating we left Malaysia. Our social visit pass is only good for 30 days. So after 30 days, the system will indicate we overstay in Malaysia unless we go back to Malaysia within 30 days. Does any Bro and Sis here have similar experience?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not sure whether there are SG bros here who crossed the 30 day mark. Maybe suay suay kanna dengue or what got to rest in JB house for more than 1 month....or no contract work for the next month and forgot to go back to SG to chop passport. I think there could be situations like this.

I know for the old folks home in JB who housed SG folks, they have the immigration officers coming to the old folk's homes to do the "chopping" once a month...don know whether got such mobile service for the public or not?..haha.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.