• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, thanks for the update of jpo. I just bought lots armani iPhone covers, iPad covers, wallet, bag, belt etc in SANTA MONICA (US) it's really cheap, will go to las vegas factory outlet next day, any good recomendation?? Premium outlets, I believed and found that things r not as cheap as factory outlet as the po sells designers goods of past seasons. I saw super325 on jpo, lots of non branded, like cotton on, padini etc.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need more people to build beautiful houses in Ledang heights especially those by the expressway. I look forward to s more stable cooperation between the two govts to bring our growth to another level.
Wish you get your choiced property.. This place will become more prosperous with more and more investors like you guys..

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not today. Will be visiting orchard hotel today around 430pm.... Berween, where is your place in nisajaya..?
Cheers, PH
Are you viewing any today? I would like to view them too if you don't mind. But don't worry as I won't be your competitor, it'll just be a jalan jalan look see look see trip for me. I'll drive my own car.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Metropolis in the making

WHEN Iskandar Malaysia was launched in 2006, it was called the South Johor Economic Region (SJER).
To give the people, and investors in particular, a better understanding of SJER, it was dubbed the Shenzhen of Malaysia.

The Shenzhen example was used because the coastal city is one of the two special economic zones in China which has seen robust economic development over the years.

It was selected by the late Chinese leader, Deng Xiaoping.

SJER was launched slightly earlier than the Northern Corridor Economic Region, East Coast Economic Region, Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy and Sabah Development Corridor. However, no economic region in the country is talked about as much as Iskandar Malaysia.

This prestigious economic project is now on the global financial map.

Investors have pumped in money for various development projects because of its conducive investment climate, political stability and strategic location.

One of the bodies behind the success of Iskandar Malaysia is the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda).

The statutory body shoulders the task of regulating and pushing stakeholders to realise the vision of developing Iskandar Malaysia into a global metropolis.

Its three key objectives are planning, promotion and facilitation of Iskandar Malaysia. Its vision is to make Iskandar Malaysia the first choice to invest in, live, work and play.

Irda's achievement speaks volumes about its hard work. Up to last month, the committed investments totalled RM77.82 billion.

The bulk of the amount went to the manufacturing sector (RM29.52 billion), followed by properties (RM25.84 billion), utilities, tourism and others (RM16.18 billion) and government (RM6.28 billion).

Sixty per cent of it came from domestic sources.

To date, 48.2 per cent of the committed investment has been spent.

The infrastructure projects, including earth works to create a better transport network linking different parts of the economic region within the shortest possible time, have had a great impact on the people of Johor, especially those living in Iskandar Malaysia.

The projects that have been completed are the coastal highway, Jalan Abu Bakar-Jalan Skudai road upgrade, Jalan Yahya Awal elevated interchange, Jalan Kolam Air road upgrade, Skudai-Senai road upgrade, Ulu Tiram elevated interchange and Bandar Indahpura-Kulai/Second Link Expressway interchange.

The Jalan Abu Bakar-Inner Ring Road elevated interchange will be completed by March.

As for the tourism industry, the Johor Premium Outlets will open this month and Legoland Theme Park will welcome visitors next September.

Also in the pipeline are the Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios and Johor Theme Park, in Nusajaya, and MSC Cyber City in Kulaijaya.

More exciting developments are coming up in Iskandar Malaysia under the leadership of Irda chief executive officer Ismail Ibrahim.

If the current investment momentum is sustainable, it will not take long before Iskandar Malaysia reaps the harvest of a similar magnitude, if not better, than Shenzhen.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not today. Will be visiting orchard hotel today around 430pm.... Berween, where is your place in nisajaya..?
Cheers, PH

So far all in East Ledang. What time are you viewing those units in Ledang Heights tomorrow? I'm bringing my parents and wife to JPO tomorrow.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am pretty glad with the purchase as these semi Ds are selling very quickly too, i visited the sales office a few times and every 1-2 weeks a part, one unit is gone.

Don't get me wrong regarding what I'm about to say. I'm also interested in Horizon Hills since last year but bought in East Ledang instead because my mum, sis and another 2 friends whom I brought along last year to view EL and HH, all prefer East Ledang. Plus the fact that till today, East Ledang's previous launches(all fully sold) were sold much much faster than Horizon Hills. I'm still puzzled till today as many from this forum actually like HH just like me, but when it comes to take up rate, HH isn't doing as great as East Ledang. For you guys who are choosing just one unit which you like, of course there isn't any headache. But for me, I would prefer to get something I like and at the same time profit from it over time. Thus I have this headache now as to which to choose? One in EL with better investment prospect(as of present evidence in take up rate), or the one with golf course view which I like more?

Just a simple comparison in take up rate;
East Ledang's Phase 8 terraces (64 units) - Fully sold in just a week
East Ledang's Phase 2 Semi-dees and Bungalows (140 units) - Launched late last year and fully sold early this year.
Horizon Hills's The Golf (not sure no. of units) - Launched quite some time ago and still not fully sold.
Horizon Hills's The Hills terraces - Didn't see take up rate like East Ledang's Phase 8 terraces which were snapped up in one week.

I would like to repeat that I'm not trying to bring down HH's reputation, it's just that I'm deciding between the 2 now and I hope to hear more views from those who prefer EL to HH and the reason why they prefer EL?? For my mum and wife, they prefer the more modern designs of EL's houses to those in HH. My other 2 friends are unable to explain exactly why they prefer EL and just leave it as 'feel' of the 2 places. One other friend of mine(father building houses in Sg), told me that HH's houses in earlier precincts like Gateway are with older designs compared to those they are building in Sg(his comments were made last year). I brought him to view HH last year but didn't bring him to EL. He later saw my photos of East Ledangs houses in Facebook and commented that those houses has designs comparable to those they are building in Sg at that time.

As for me and my dad, we don't or can't see the difference in designs and our preferences were the same - that we like the un-blocked view of the horizon and golf-course in Horizon Hills, and the cool fresh air we can enjoy in the morning being surrounded by grassland :smile:

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sorry for you. Why is buying house so complicated with involvement of parents, frenz and etc. To me it is simple, you contribute money, you can input preference:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Feeling good about it PERSONALLY affect 50% of the decision.

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor,

If I may offer my 2 cents worth.

Very frankly I had the same problem of choosing between EL and HH earlier this year. I must say that both development has its own pros and cons in terms of accessibility, infrastructure, convenience, etc. I ended up invested into both areas! However, my first investment was at HH because of my love for golf view and its the biggest differentiation point from all other developments. Admittedly, EL's designs are more contemporary compare to HH.

I believe both area will draw their own crowd and it is a matter of personal preference/lifestlye. However, if you are looking for another property for investment, I would suggest you get some exposure into HH. Spread your eggs around. Depending on your budget, I would even recommend LH instead as investment. The disparity between land price and the selling price of Bungalows in EL is just too great! Personally, beyond comprehension!

Worth taking a look at LH with Puteri Harbour!

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia property show at orchard hotel today an tomorrow. Entrance free.
I will be viewing 5 properties at ledang heights over the weekend. Hopefully I can get what I want.....

Cheers,
PH

Hi Puteri Harbour

Can you pls share with us your findings (with a few pixs) from Ledang Heights after your visit.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. Our ancestors had to know how to avoid wild animals and droughts to live and prosper and have their children prosper. Parents worried if their kids were not prepared. Recently education has become more important than skills at living in the wild. But I think parents (and those living their own lives) have missed a bit what is important. Doing well in school is important to being successful. But many skills are important: taking initiative to make opportunities, avoid monetary problems (don't spend beyond your means, take on risker investments than you can afford...), being able to be hired (this often is helped by good eduction but other social and technical skills matter - there is a difference between a good engineer and an good engineering student), confidence, good friends...

Too often people lose focus on why they are living. Being number 1 isn't important (and most people are going to be unhappy if that is what they need - not many can be #1). Being competent and happy and worthwhile to your family and friends is important. Knowing that you can work hard and succeed is important. Just being happy for children isn't enough because they need to be able to take charge of their own lives, at some point. But focusing just on school is a big mistake. They need to be guided to be happy and productive people - for which school success is important but plenty of people that are not at the top of the class are more useful, happy and well prepared.

Seeing succes in education as insurance, is a very good way to look at it, I think.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who collected houses as hobbies... not just for investment or rental.. just like people who collect expensive watches or cars.. it is the same.. I plan to retire from Singapore in a few year times (It is not that I have reached my retirement age, but I don't believe in total retirement and I wish I can find some liked minded friends to do some business in Malaysia at our own time.. Maybe a technology startup or something that can give me more flexible time..).. I also think looking for a new life only after total retirement(and kids all grown up) might be a bit too late.. Living in JB is a start of a new journey or transition.. Like Wuyi said, after living in JB, maybe you will have the appetite of living in other beautiful countries in the world.. and you will realise the world is not just Singapore.. The world is hugh and beautiful..

I wish I cold collect houses as a hobby. I don't see that happening, though.

Maybe I can become friends with someone who does and live in them and given them updates on their collection when they want it :-)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I feel sorry for you. Why is buying house so complicated with involvement of parents, frenz and etc. To me it is simple, you contribute money, you can input preference:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Feeling good about it PERSONALLY affect 50% of the decision.

Hi aangsc,

You've got me all wrong, but I'll blame it on my own English standard and my lack in ability to express my thoughts.

Let me try again, I 'am' deciding based on my own preference now for my next unit(that's HH), but it suddenly struck me that I also want my next unit to be the better choice(between EL and HH) in terms of capital appreciation. And based on present statistics, East Ledang is more sought after than Horizon Hills in terms of take-up rate. That's my headache. I wanna know what made East Ledang so attractive and I wanna hear all the different views from everyone who bought EL. I mentioned the preference of my wife, mum and friends because I want to know from everyone 'else' who chose EL over HH, what's their reasons for choosing EL. If many different views state distance and design as the main reasons, then I think HH has good chance to catch up with EL in terms of demand as future HH units will come with better designs, better quality, and distance from EL to HH will also be reduced from 15km to 4.5km when Coastal Highway opens. That's the reason why I wanna know the different reasons from different people who chose EL against HH.

Last edited:

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like both EL and HH.

For EL, i like it's design, compare to HH, it is more exclusive and it has a "high end" feel to it. For HH, the strong point is that it has an international golf course and that add certain commercial value to it, with players like Pádraig Harrington and others playing at HH, even if there is a down turn in economy HH will still hold some attraction and gain some attention from the public. Of course this doesnt mean that HH will have better appreciation than EL for investment purpose, but it does give me some assurance that HH will remain in the radar for some years to come.

Personally i would like to stay at EL (i like the house design and surrounding) but i will "live" and invest in HH, becuase i like HH community and the golf course. Ultimately, i chose HH because:

1) HH is slightly nearer to bukit indah where tesco. giant, jusco and other activities etc are located
2)HH is nearer to my work place which is down town JB
3)I want to play golf with Arsenal on every weekend, haha.

Bottom line, it really depends on your needs and preferences. For me is HH bcoz i dont travel to Sg often. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I went to horizon hills website and found that south golf 2 cluster home 1 going for 532,800.

95% sold, 5% still available?

if yes,im gonna cheong that 1 ..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you Icyraine and Nusajaya for sharing your preferences.

To all other forumers,

There's no right or wrong on this topic so feel free to share why you chose EL or HH as we're just revealing the reasons for our choice here.

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Investor,

Nice problem to have there. Why put all eggs in one basket, in EL? If in your shoes, I would go for HH for diversity.

I will explain my rationale but it involves a little walk down the recent memory lane so pls bear with me...read on;

The differences in take up is down to the original marketing positioning by the Nusajaya honcos in UEM Land.

You will recall in the early days, Nusajaya Residences were defined as LH, EL, HH and NI.

LH was clearly high end land.
EL was high end residences.
HH (their JV* with Gamuda) was resort living.
NI was upper middle class G&G.

*JV was necessary because HH is a large tract of land.

EL Terraces were taken up fast because of its clear early positioning as high end, next to Medini and the closest to Singapore. No Coastal Highway then.

When people discovered HH, the concept of respecting the topography of the land, which was initially driven by golfing needs soon became a positive side benefit, even used in its marketing for the properties now.

HH benefited directly from the spillover from EL's success. Around 2010, HH started to catchup with EL's pricing and marketing position by launching Hills Terraces with designs similar to EL Terraces. HH has started to aim high end by having similar modern designs as EL. Golf's Semi-Ds & Bungalows launched around same time as Hills launch. EL announced no more Terraces launches, as they have no more land to expand. So when EL Bungalows and Semi-Ds launched, snapped up fast. EL sponged the first cream of top end foreign investors like yourself.

HH is benefitting from the next wave of investors (which I suspect are here already, at nibbling stage). The Coastal Highway has now neutralised the "distance to Singapore" benefit for EL, as HH is now only 5 minutes away from EL.

The marketing positioning story is given credence by one practice that still remains in HH , annoyingly so to me. HH still does not make show houses for its houses! EL on the other hand, put lots of effort into making lovely show houses of the highest quality. Whether the EL quality is translated in reality, there are some forums out there that reveals some honest experiences starting to come out from EL (where earlier HH had been taking the rap). But at the time of launch, EL benefited from its lovely showhouses, no doubt. Like it or not, we are influenced greatly by Marketing.

I will give HH the benefit of doubt for stronger capital appreciation over the longer term because it has up its sleeves, the extra element of the Chinese school that has been attracting the rich locals; other than the bustling Bukit Indah & lively Jusco. Good luck bro! Any decision will still give appreciation. That's the beauty . I hope to have helped unlock the mystery of take up between the two Tamans. The hard decision still yours :smile:

Don't get me wrong regarding what I'm about to say. I'm also interested in Horizon Hills since last year but bought in East Ledang instead because my mum, sis and another 2 friends whom I brought along last year to view EL and HH, all prefer East Ledang. Plus the fact that till today, East Ledang's previous launches(all fully sold) were sold much much faster than Horizon Hills. I'm still puzzled till today as many from this forum actually like HH just like me, but when it comes to take up rate, HH isn't doing as great as East Ledang. For you guys who are choosing just one unit which you like, of course there isn't any headache. But for me, I would prefer to get something I like and at the same time profit from it over time. Thus I have this headache now as to which to choose? One in EL with better investment prospect(as of present evidence in take up rate), or the one with golf course view which I like more?

Just a simple comparison in take up rate;
East Ledang's Phase 8 terraces (64 units) - Fully sold in just a week
East Ledang's Phase 2 Semi-dees and Bungalows (140 units) - Launched late last year and fully sold early this year.
Horizon Hills's The Golf (not sure no. of units) - Launched quite some time ago and still not fully sold.
Horizon Hills's The Hills terraces - Didn't see take up rate like East Ledang's Phase 8 terraces which were snapped up in one week.

I would like to repeat that I'm not trying to bring down HH's reputation, it's just that I'm deciding between the 2 now and I hope to hear more views from those who prefer EL to HH and the reason why they prefer EL?? For my mum and wife, they prefer the more modern designs of EL's houses to those in HH. My other 2 friends are unable to explain exactly why they prefer EL and just leave it as 'feel' of the 2 places. One other friend of mine(father building houses in Sg), told me that HH's houses in earlier precincts like Gateway are with older designs compared to those they are building in Sg(his comments were made last year). I brought him to view HH last year but didn't bring him to EL. He later saw my photos of East Ledangs houses in Facebook and commented that those houses has designs comparable to those they are building in Sg at that time.

As for me and my dad, we don't or can't see the difference in designs and our preferences were the same - that we like the un-blocked view of the horizon and golf-course in Horizon Hills, and the cool fresh air we can enjoy in the morning being surrounded by grassland :smile:

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I went to horizon hills website and found that south golf 2 cluster home 1 going for 532,800.

95% sold, 5% still available?

if yes,im gonna cheong that 1 ..

The website's 'availability' & pricing data are grossly unrealiable. Only use it for the brochures references. Even then new launches brochures not uploaded. They stopped updating in late 2010.

Clusters in Golf no more developers units and Clusters in Hills going for around RM900k..

Visit the clubhouse showroom for hardcopy new brochures and latest facts.

I still visit the website for the jingle and beautiful Gateway photos :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.