• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's say if i loan 80%... and some years down the road, i have accumulated a sum of money and want to pay off one lump sum, would it be possible? the idea is to save on the interest.

for properties in malaysia, does it also work this way?

It should work the same, attractive loan packages lock the borrower in for a certain period, with penalties or clawback of certain incentives (if any) should borrower redeem in part or in full.

Varies from loan package to loan package.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
the intermediate at NI also going around this price. but NI is bigger. But I'm a bit concerned with the 1-layer security. When I asked about the recent robbery in Precinct 5, I was not given an answer. Is this gateway unit a resale or from developer?

hi , it is definitely from a resale.
i doubt there are any place left from a developer for gateway..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's say if i loan 80%... and some years down the road, i have accumulated a sum of money and want to pay off one lump sum, would it be possible? the idea is to save on the interest.

i recently paid the balance 60k loan from cpf and i now don't owe hdb a cent, and in the process, saved about 5k of interest (feel-good even though i still don't get to see it anyway).

i dont see a reason why the bank will want to hold you from paying up?..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly.. most bank have such flexi package..

i recently paid the balance 60k loan from cpf and i now don't owe hdb a cent, and in the process, saved about 5k of interest (feel-good even though i still don't get to see it anyway).

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
LG, that is why it is better to go in there a few times be it for shopping or getting familiar with the area there before you commit. my bro in law who currently stay at East Ledang move off from his house at around 8 - 8.30am to his work place in CBD, asked him how is it & he replied it is fine. I guess it is different from person to person when it come to travelling time.

may i know what time your bil leave the house in order to be in town by 8am?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A staring incident led to another knife attack at Potong Pasir Avenue 1 on Thursday, resulting in the serious injury of a 17-year-old student, reported The New Paper (TNP).

This is the latest in a series of knife-wielding attacks that has plagued Singapore over the last 13 months.

The victim, Anand, a Raffles Institution (RI) student, was together with his friend, Don Tan, 17, at a McDonalds in Potong Pasir when they were accused of staring, wrote TNP.

Later on, the two friends reluctantly agreed to follow their accusers to Block 122 to settle their differences. To their horror, they discovered a group of youths with knives, waiting for them, said TNP.

The same paper reported that Tan managed to run away, but Anand stood his ground and was stabbed in the back as a result.

“I managed to avoid being stabbed, but my friend was not so lucky,” the St Andrew’s Secondary School student told TNP. He added that he was fortunate to have only escaped with light injuries.

After getting stabbed, Anand managed to get himself to a nearby clinic at Block 137 before collapsing from his injuries, said the report.

"The police received a call yesterday at about 4pm, informing us of an injured person at Block 137 Potong Pasir Avenue 1. Upon police's arrival, a boy in his late teens was conveyed conscious to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Two boys, each 17 years old, were arrested in relation to the incident. Investigations are ongoing," said a police spokesperson.

Lim Kok Keong, 28, a resident in Potong Pasir, expressed his shock at the incident. “I didn’t witness the incident, but I’m surprised that such an attack can happen in my neighbourhood. I don’t remember such violence happening here before. I hope the guy gets better soon,” he told Yahoo! Singapore.

This incident provides a stark reminder of the gang attack at Downtown East on 30 October last year, when 19-year-old polytechnic student Darren Ng Wei Jie died from his injuries after getting slashed by members of a gang who accused him of staring. Eight youths are being charged with murder

Just a week after that in November, two separate parang attacks around Bukit Panjang resulted in seven youths getting hurt. Another incident later that same month saw two teenagers getting into a fight at a fast food restaurant, resulting in one of them slashing the other on the right shoulder with a bread knife.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw this article and just about to say.. ppl say sg is safe.. i guess it's not so anymore.. so what's the diff between jb n sg?

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those interested, just saw an email from UEM Land that they are launching the next Phase of Melody Park. They will be called Pavillion Villas and price will range from 2.9M to 3.8M. The soft launch is on Dec 10.

wah...normally the design is quite soild, will go in have a look next week if time permit.

Last edited:

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
may i know what time your bil leave the house in order to be in town by 8am?

No, what I mean is he leave his house in East Ledang at around 8am, by the time he reach his work place in CBD is around 9am plus.

Last edited:

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
so i guess the sales ppl at HH sales office won't know abt the resales right?

Nope, developer was my first point of contact when looking for a property in HH. Unless someone has some special kang tao that I don't have, there are no balance clusters or terraces for sale in Gateway or Golf. Anything on the market now for these 2 types is strictly resale.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
so if we calculate the cost of going to and fro from sg to jb and jb back to sg..

$3.20 from SG side, 7.50(RM) = $3.20

that cost $12.80 per day.

$12.80 * 22 (working days) - $90 (HDB season parking) = -$191.60

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.