• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share something a little off topic.

This KL trip is really an eye opener for me. Firstly, there are individual Singaporeans who go there to buy office buildings (newly constructed grade A skysrapers). Secondly, I also happened to meet 1 of my friend's friends, one who is only in his late 20s, but is now building apartment buildings. :*:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grago my bro must reply to u immediately one. . . But then dun do a Wuqi on me k?So here goes. . .Once u depart spore immigration, u drive along the crossway n finally reach the ramp.If im not wrong the ramp has 2 lanes.Now the right lane is for busses right?So if u dun get out of the right lane on time u may end up as fodder for blood thirsty mosquitoes.Now after u exit the right lane. . . Drive along. . . Pass the bus lane exitNow get into the right lane again. , . Tht shoukd bring u to the macs laneFunny i din use it either today or satDun c its purpose or utility unless they strictly implement it.They had the banner up last week already....On sat i told my wife but she wld not believe. . .Then she saw it today
Bro AP , will give it a try and see.........

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bigfatfish, aside from semi-ds, the rest are without that layer and yes leaks could occur.
BUT if you installed tv antenna on top of your roof, its going to come visit you sooner or
later with or without that layer. That layer would help SOMEWHAT but its main and primary
purpose is to act as insulation so that the 2nd floor (1st floor to locals) would not be so
warm in the afternoon.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today i did my pedicure at Taman Molek. Couple of shops there...

Quality so so.... Din actually like it today.....

My wife complained saying that it was terribly done and a waste of money....

Nusa Bestari side also got quite a few shops doing it.... Just see the display outside then go in.... But depends on your luck if good or no good unless anyone else can recommend here .....

U r right .... Thailand has both the good and the dodgy ones.... The dodgy ones a bit dangerous cause they dun sterilise their equipment..... (for lack of a better word for now)

AP , where did u do ur pedicure? Are there many good places to do that? Not those fly by night shop. Thailand encountered both good n doggy ones.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree bro.....

Amazing Thai and Siam legend are quite good.....

But now after you open mouth i also wanna try the TCM trained ones.... They are better cause i believe more therapeutic....

I know Jalan keris .... maybe its the shop opposite the church?

ok gonna wait for the address from you....

amazing thai veri traditional thai, one of the top 3 in jb for thai massage. Tried them n enjoyed it.

The place i mentioned id at jln sri terbau , jalan keris. Dun remember shop name. Will go again check then let u know.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ouch that hurts....

Hi Bigfatfish, aside from semi-ds, the rest are without that layer and yes leaks could occur.
BUT if you installed tv antenna on top of your roof, its going to come visit you sooner or
later with or without that layer.
That layer would help SOMEWHAT but its main and primary
purpose is to act as insulation so that the 2nd floor (1st floor to locals) would not be so
warm in the afternoon.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been a lazy bum and couch potato bro....

Used to do all the housework till Uni days despite having a couple of maids at home......

(Everything washing clothes/ironing/mopping etc)

But in the last 10 years have stopped all that and the visible signs are a big well developed girth....

I ran up and down 30plus times during the aircon /grill/lighting installation etc each time and developed severe pain in the thighs/calves/heels etc..... could not walk sia.....

Surprisingly the pain is not as drastic as I first imagined.. though over weekend I must have climb up & down staircase over 30 times..
Wife says that she may not want to stay on 2nd level when we are older..haha

Fortunately we did a backyard extension so more floor area on ground floor..

My HDB is executive apartment at 130sqm or ard 1400sqft so weekly mopping maybe reason why fatigue is not as bad as first imagined..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its the one at the interchange, opposite the macdonalds and beside bata shoe shop. Just a small simple counter. I think their rates are the best around the east area. No bargaining though.

My friend recommended this money changer at Bedok too.
Just yesterday, we called the above money changer and another one at The Arcade to compare rates, the one at Bedok offered almost the same rate as the one at Arcade.

Thanks for sharing Cathy. Just like what you mentioned, they just quote you the best rate and you don't need to negotiate(unless if you're changing very large amount, maybe can get a little more)

I've also compared Parkway Parade's money changer to the one at Arcade, Parkway can't match the rate which Arcade is giving(same timing) even after telling them the rate Arcade offered plus I'm buying RM150k. They just can't or won't match Arcade's rate.

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this letter to the Forum page of the ST dated 21 July, apropos of the war against dengue. Quote: "The Housing Board should limit each family to two plants along the corridor. The plants are not only breeding grounds for mosquitoes, but also a nuisance to neighbors as they attract other insects. The corridors are also obstructed when there are too many plants." Unquote.
Let's count our blessings.... and be careful of breeding mosquitoes.
Growing leafy vegetables for home enthusiasts The National Parks Board sends out regular newsletters which are among the best I have had the pleasure of regularly receiving - free as well. I was particularly excited about the course, also for free - on the subject mentioned. "Come attend this talk to learn about the different types of leafy vegetables which can be grown in our local climate, the growing processes involved, including seed sowing, fertilising, watering, plant protection, and harvesting." The talk is to be held at the Marine Parade Public Library on 20 August from 3-4 pm. I hope questions and answers will be welcome.
Details here:
http://nparks.eventshub.sg/ems_wb_Details.aspx?CalID=5&EventID=242246

The latest newsletter can be accessed here at http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/enewsletter/aug11/

Please visit my weblog at puterim.com, and VOTE on what you would find useful to know about what is going on in Singapore - particularly those who are living here at least as much as living in Spore. If not for good friends who send desperate message to inform me of this or that [and since I do not get the ST or watch Spore TV by choice], this is sometimes quite essential information I would not otherwise have access to and so miss out.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Analytical Professor "Has anyone noticed that at Causeway nearer to CIQ there is a dedicated lane for MACS. N malaysian passport holders?"

In case you miss this lane, go through town, but hug the coast road. After the Danga rides and slides is the Iskandar set of offices, marked by the very visible MAXIS store on the corner - ths Iskandar offices are in the block behind the maxis block, closer to the sea. . If you miss that the same block houses an big Indian restaurant

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bigfatfish, aside from semi-ds, the rest are without that layer and yes leaks could occur....That layer would help SOMEWHAT but its main and primary
purpose is to act as insulation so that the 2nd floor (1st floor to locals) would not be so warm in the afternoon.

Our second contractor, also a swindler, installed the rood minus the layer. He told us that if a leak should occur with that layer in, the water would just trickle down to the lowest level and you would not be able to find out where the leak in the roof actually happened. Please tell me even this was a lie?

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
mine a terrace unit with pre-installed layer. Heavy rain and strong wind could force water to seep thru tiles, but the layer discharged water to the outer wall, not inner wall. No antenna installation is allowed as the precinct shares common antenna. There are two chimneies on the roof. One had water leaking on to ceiling as the hole in the layer was too big. Wrapping a piece of the same material around the chimney base and tied it to the chimney stopped the leakage,

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the first time d/l bit corrent client.

Did not even know how to use it....

Finally learning how to use it.....

Managed to d/l one movie last nite and d/l in one more movie now....

So damn freakin slow....

So far nothing happened over last 5 yrs.. my frens even download TV series.. (leaving PC on overnight)
there is also another site which is aptly named piratesbay..

only complain is less korean & Jap movies with subtitles.. (maybe other sites)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mallow pardon my now ON now OFF status on the forum when compared with my online presence before.

Oh my God!! I gotta be careful when i post.... Cause an expert in English is overlooking every word that i write.

<<Complement oi>>

I really like your writing style. You keep it so prose even in an informal forum such as this one.

How do you manage that:smile::smile:? I note it takes considerable effort and ofcourse time and yes loads of practice to get there.

BTW mallow i din get what you were telling me below..

Analytical Professor "Has anyone noticed that at Causeway nearer to CIQ there is a dedicated lane for MACS. N malaysian passport holders?":confused:

In case you miss this lane, go through town, but hug the coast road. After the Danga rides and slides is the Iskandar set of offices, marked by the very visible MAXIS store on the corner - ths Iskandar offices are in the block behind the maxis block, closer to the sea. . If you miss that the same block houses an big Indian restaurant

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW mallow you posted some really wonderful stuff on soil preparatin amongst others....

Its gotten lost in the myriad of pages that have sprung forth since.... sometimes in the clutter and at other times in the sense this forum makes.....

I will repost it again for the benefit of everyone....

Analytical Professor "Has anyone noticed that at Causeway nearer to CIQ there is a dedicated lane for MACS. N malaysian passport holders?"

Status
Not open for further replies.