• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend recommended this money changer at Bedok too.
Just yesterday, we called the above money changer and another one at The Arcade to compare rates, the one at Bedok offered almost the same rate as the one at Arcade.

Thanks for sharing Cathy. Just like what you mentioned, they just quote you the best rate and you don't need to negotiate(unless if you're changing very large amount, maybe can get a little more)

I've also compared Parkway Parade's money changer to the one at Arcade, Parkway can't match the rate which Arcade is giving(same timing) even after telling them the rate Arcade offered plus I'm buying RM150k. They just can't or won't match Arcade's rate.

yes bedok has been good. I also try one more, super good better than bedok. Also arcade area.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
mine a terrace unit with pre-installed layer. Heavy rain and strong wind could force water to seep thru tiles, but the layer discharged water to the outer wall, not inner wall. No antenna installation is allowed as the precinct shares common antenna. There are two chimneies on the roof. One had water leaking on to ceiling as the hole in the layer was too big. Wrapping a piece of the same material around the chimney base and tied it to the chimney stopped the leakage,

there's much more problems to it than what we think, also many other major things. I think the agents all don't like me when i point out stuff. One owner was being so sacrastic he told me i will never find a place in HH. Least anyone could do is try to find a solution. Maybe he/she is reading this now. Just because u wanna sell it dun try to bullshit people who dun know about construction. Big problems r a big headache n u will get karma for pretending u dun noe.

Just a personal view n dun mean to attack anyone.

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mallow pardon my now ON now OFF status on the forum when compared with my online presence before. Oh my God!! I gotta be careful when i post.... Cause an expert in English is overlooking every word that i write. <<Complement oi>> I really like your writing style. You keep it so prose even in an informal forum such as this one. How do you manage that:smile::smile:? I note it takes considerable effort and ofcourse time and yes loads of practice to get there.
BTW mallow i din get what you were telling me below..

Very kind words. Thank you! I teach de England for a living. Old habits die hard, so I try to do it right most times. Doanch worry - if I am not being paid I won't usually correct anyone; and I'm getting so old, I really doanch care... erm ... I think you meant 'compliment'? [heeheehee]

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend recommended this money changer at Bedok too.
Just yesterday, we called the above money changer and another one at The Arcade to compare rates, the one at Bedok offered almost the same rate as the one at Arcade.

money changer or remittance in Arcade? I asked the money changer guy on ground floor and he said to go remittance people on second floor. Remittance seems to have more charges?

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
will try my best to explain tmr. If i buy sub sale i go when weather is hottest n also if lucky during rain. If i wanna buy land i go during driest time of the year.
I would say check a house especially during rain to see any wet sign on the ceiling. Wait a day or even half and the wet sign may disappear if it turns sunny after raining and the rooms are warm. I stayed in my new house 3 to 4 days a week during the monsoon season to observe any defect related to heavy rain; instead of only weekend stay.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have nothing against HH too. I almost put down a deposit for the new golf facing SD on our first visit. The show house was the 'wow' factor especially the second level. Fortunately, we did not bring along our cheque on that visit and decided to take a look at other developments before deciding. Having visited some older SDs and going back to the show house again the second round, somehow, the "WOW" factor diminished.

The location is very very attractive but investment is not our primary objective so we are considering other developments now. JMHO.:p

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks AP for the Galaxy Tablet test.

I have not decided on getting the Galaxy 10.1 Tablet or iPad2 (since I have already missed the launch and next yr will be the new version)

I like pFingo rates but hated the separate credits for calls and SMS.. Another app to use is Hoiio (both on iOS and Andriod).

As for contacts, on the iPhone it does not have that issue. Again, I am still undecided on next phone. (using the 3Gs now and battery aging )

Sorry for the delayed reply ......

Yeah thats right Pfingo does not work in the background.....

You are right again.... that is if your screen is not showing pfingo it means you have actually logged out......

So no calls....

Now i had to test out on my GAlaxy tablet (android based)

And yes ..... It pushes the call forward from the background.... Delighted.....

There may be the occassional glitches.... but for the most part .... i think i am pleased for now.....

No wonder IDD charges are dropping like crazy.....

Its time local charges drop too if people use this device.

But the UI is still pretty rudimentary on the IPAD while on android its slightly better....

Also since IPAD does not have a contact d/base you gotta manually key in each of them while on the Android Galaxy tablet it syncs in neatly with ur contacts

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I was stressing about the inferior quality of those HH houses all along but later found out that this forum is strictly meant for HH lovers. You can only say good things about HH, nothing else. So you better stop your criticism of HH or else someone will say u are a salesperson from another development trying to act as an owner in HH.

Hi HH, i am a bit confused here, what are you talking about?

We have also said good things about EL, i even said EL did well with the Mydin mart? Look at my other posts. As i said before, different things for different people and i never said HH was perfect. Yes, you have been stressing about the quality of the houses in HH but that was not the only thing you stressed. I am having trouble finding a single post where its not something negative about the place but to be fair, i will continue to try.

Check the other posts, there have been more than a few folks who just came in, post bad about a location and disappear or sales folks who came and post once about certain properties and never came back.

I wasn't referring to you as i congratulated you even when you added later on that you actually own EL as well.

Come to think of it now, its also weird for a owner who owns property A and B to post only bad things, criticisms crime etc about A when B also has some of it. Yes, B has always better built quality and better quality of finishing, i humbly suggest you do a check on my past postings on what i said about EL.

I only shared what was my buying decision but never dicounted EL as it wins hands down in terms of design, etc. Its always better to post both the good and the bad, if B one day also develops roof leaks or other problems, what would you say to folks in B?

Why would a self professed multiple property owner with name of property A of A thinks property A sucks big time, should not appreciate further and its too far in? Property B is absolutely perfect and without faults?

HH, a quick question for you, if A was that bad and B was that good, why would you have more A than B? Because of price? If it sucks so much, why would one buy 5 units in A? Shouldn't B be a safe and better investment option?

I absolutely agree that we should be honest about crime, like you mention crime in property A area but just wondering how come never mention crime in property B when there were certainly crime just outside that property.

Note:
Here, i must apologise again to the learned Analytical Professor as i had mixed HH's posting with his at one time.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I would say check a house especially during rain to see any wet sign on the ceiling. Wait a day or even half and the wet sign may disappear if it turns sunny after raining and the rooms are warm. I stayed in my new house 3 to 4 days a week during the monsoon season to observe any defect related to heavy rain; instead of only weekend stay.

This is definitely a good sign, another way is to see if the ceiling has holes or lots of patching with paint, etc recently done.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Checkers, definitely agree. Maybe folks like HH missed my earlier postings (i think he did) and i even ranked developments according to my humble opinion, HH was not the number one...The latest property i shared on was in Nusa Duta, this thread is not centric on any development at all.

Good for you, what developments are you considering? Care to share so that we can all learn?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bigfatfish, why don't you name and shame the agent or point to the type that the owner is trying to sell? At least we can all know and get to know about problems and how to tackle them with your construction knowledge?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we still use this MACS lane if only driver got MACS but passengers do not ?
Everyone in the car no MACS oso can.They no choice must process.Customs person not expecting to need chop (excuse wrist) will have to close counter a while and go borrow chop and stamp pad then come back.Help slow down the processing, and MACS queue will pile up.Drivers behind who ensured all pax have MACS will give you a standing ovation.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard a special pass can be made at Malaysian immigration office. It's pasted on your passport. RM30 per year. After that, no need white card no need chop passport. I think if you go Malaysia often or stay long, worthwhile applying.

Yup it's MACS, many here have it. Thanks for mentioning.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you like the morning market, can visit this place that opens only on Saturday around 7am (don't know till what time)

- Sells stuff that you find in a wet market (Veggie, Fruits, Fish, Spices, etc) and also some clothing, little toys, plants, etc.
- Sells usual cooked food and has tables and chairs to dine in.
- Sells cooked food that you can tar pau (take away or munch as you browse the stalls)
- there is a stall that just sells Satay. (we love it, price increased to 60 sen / pc after the latest increase in electricity rates)
- ample car park space nearby.

Located at car park next to Tan Sri Dato Hj Hassan Yunos Stadium.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=1.49572,103.752791&spn=0.009814,0.016512&z=17

Co-ordinates:
1.49474, 103.75170

Status
Not open for further replies.