• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
And for those of us who have been debating Singaporean Girls vs Malaysian Girls maybe the professor from SMU has an answer ???

So maybe we gotta look for Pinays/Indos/Thais/Cambodians/Laos/Tribals next time

S’pore girls are materialistic: SMU study

A new research has shown that Singaporean women are "significantly" more materialistic than their American peers. Published earlier this year, the study by Singapore Management University (SMU) psychology professor Norman Li surveyed about 400 psychology students aged between 19 and 21.
The local females polled an average of 3.98, compared to the American women's score of 3.74. The closer the score is to five, the more materialistic one is deemed to be.
Survey findings also named a man's social status as the top criterion for Singaporean women when it comes to looking for a potential spouse, reported The Straits Times. Next on the list is kindness, followed by a lively personality. On the contrary, American women valued kindness the most, followed by looks, then a man's social standing.
While the study did not ask respondents for the reasons behind their answers, Professor Li said he is not surprised by the findings.
"Maybe Singaporean women are just being realistic. Here, you need a lot of money to survive and afford an affluent lifestyle. Maybe they are just being practical," said the 45-year-old American-born Chinese.
Those surveyed were students at SMU and the Northen Illinois University in the United States. They were surveyed on their attitudes towards marriage, children and preferences when it comes to choosing a partner.
"I think it is reasonable," said 22-year-old undergraduate from National Technological University, Valerie Fong.
"Social status is parallel to money, and having that is like a validation from other people. It makes you feel good because others will approve of you. That and social comparison too, I guess."
"It is not a must but if you happen to chance upon one, why not? If you get a choice, you can certainly place yourself in an environment," she added.
"I guess that's true when you're looking for a husband, financial stability is definitely important," agreed Lydia Chan, 27, sales associate.
"But at the end of the day, money is not going to guarantee you a happy marriage unless you're seeking materialistic gains," she warned.
Other women Yahoo! Singapore spoke to were quick to disagree.
"I'm afraid I'm still old fashioned and traditional, but personality and kindness come first for me," shared Sharon Lim, 23, HR officer.
Said Deborah Tan, 23, an undergraduate, "I don't think the study reflects female students as a whole and it is unfair if it does. I think we have moved past materialism. To me, it does not have any meaning other than superficiality and shallowness which is what girls don't want to be associated with."
Lim Yan Han, 22, also agreed that the results are not representative.
"This is not something new," said the final-year National University of Singapore psychology student. "The findings back up the evolution theory that says men look for attractive women while women look for successful men."
"But what's the use of having a spouse who's a high flyer at work but doesn't communicate with you and instead, cares only about himself or his work?"
Professor Li's research found no major differences when it comes to men's preferences, however. His findings showed that looks remain the most important trait in a spouse for both Singaporean and American men, before kindness and a lively personality.
"Men are wired to go for looks," he explained, adding that a woman's physical attractiveness is a visual cue for fertility. Features such as "soft skin, full-looking lips and colourful cheeks" are not just attractive, but also associated with youth, which indicates a woman's fertility. That is why men tend to go for younger women, he added.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah sad... Price drop so much? When I got mine it was almost same price as the 2.0!!!

If driving alot of city, Prius uses less petrol than the civic hybrid. Highway about the same for both.

Next week going to try go up Cameron in one tank. Last time reach simpang pulai with 1/4 left, quickly go pump.
Bought mine in Aug 2009, a bit more expensive than the Civic 1.8... it was the same price as a 1.6 after the COE went up, and now it's no longer sold by Kah Motors. The new Prius is 1.8 and saves more fuel than Civic Hybrid for city and highway driving. Wah, you managed SG-Simpang Pulai in 3/4 tank... you must have been driving less than 120km/hr. When i tried that once, i managed to hit 700+km for a full tank.... 17km/l

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
And here is a story about Malaysian women!!!:*::*:

M'sian man wants divorce because he is sex-starved

By News Desk in Petaling Jaya/The Star | ANN – Tue, Jun 14, 2011

Petaling Jaya (The Star/ANN) - A Malaysian man wants a divorce after claiming that his 37-year-old wife is sexually frigid and that they had sex less than 20 times in 10 years of marriage, reported Malaysian newspaper China Press.
The man, who declined to be named, said they had sex for the first time two years after their marriage.
"She always finds an excuse to reject me. I did consider her feelings in the beginning.
"But now, I need sex so I am having an affair," he said, adding that the couple had been sleeping in separate rooms for the last three years.
He promised to take care of her and their three children aged between 21 months and seven years after the divorce.
However, the wife, who held a press conference at Federal Territory Gerakan in Kuala Lumpur, claimed the man wanted a divorce in order to marry his Chinese national girlfriend, whom he met online two years ago.
The woman, who is a sales coordinator, said she found out about her husband's affair after giving birth to her youngest son.
"He was having an affair with a local woman then. But I chose to forgive him after he terminated the relationship with the woman," she said, adding that he then had an affair with the Chinese national.
She said she was willing to divorce him on condition that he continued to pay the children's education fees and living expenses as well as the house and car loans.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think rather than pay rm 20/day it would be better to pay the extra for fuel right?

But then no coe.... so cuts both ways.

someone gotta do the numbers

I did calculate for the same car in MY & SG, it's cheaper to drive a MY car for the first 4-6 years (depending on how much you drive) before the $20/day makes it more expensive to drive a MY car into SG... my calculation included cheaper MY roadtax (only RM450 for a 2.0l car), lower insurance and maintenance cost and of course MY petrol... for the long-term (>5 yrs), cheaper to drive a SG car in SG.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the oppressed Singapore man, I recommend you visit Blue Wave. If your wife hassle you every day and blame you for being a useless shit that cannot support her, don't hit her, at least not too hard :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just spend RM238 and save your sanity.

Also don't be too devoted to your wife... Look at Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung. His eldest son is not his... Imagine working your ass off to provide for another man's son and wearing the green helmet...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is Bluewave?

For the oppressed Singapore man, I recommend you visit Blue Wave. If your wife hassle you every day and blame you for being a useless shit that cannot support her, don't hit her, at least not too hard :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just spend RM238 and save your sanity.

Also don't be too devoted to your wife... Look at Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung. His eldest son is not his... Imagine working your ass off to provide for another man's son and wearing the green helmet...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmm,,, I thaught ppl in this forum mostly faimily man or lovelly couples setting up their dream homes in JB ? Why need to visit Blue Wave ? BTW where is this Blue Wave , didnt come across it in Nusajaya .

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "LANPA" GUIDE TO JB's Health Centres (aka Massage Parlours aka Brothels) For those of you who are not familiar with Johore Bahru town, I have just added a Map of the salient areas. I hope you find this new feature useful in your quest for new "treasures" at bargain prices. (Map courtesy of the great Lanpa -posted in my Delphi Forum on 20 July 99) This is my little contribution to Sam's forum. The Lanpa Guide to is intended to provide information for those seeking to check out the Health Centres in Johore Bahru. For those with the adventurous spirit and have the time and means to venture across the causeway, the services available there are often value for money. PART 1 will deal with basic questions on prices and SOP so as to make life easier for those unfamiliar to the JB HC scene. This thread will also cover site reviews some of the popular locations. PART 2 will cover feedback on the gals and be posted under the "Field Reports" folder. I must confessed that I have not the time and means to check out ALL the HCs found in JB nor do I go JB ALL the time, any updates or postings on places not covered here will be most welcome :smile: 1.Charges for sauna and massage r abt RM 66 to 93 (40-45 mins) ....... for extended session of 1 hr, abt +RM 14-20 extra ...................................... for HJ abt +RM 80 to 100 ...................................... for BJ abt +RM 100 to 150 ...................................... for FJ abt +RM 150 A full package with sauna and FJ will therefore cost abt RM 230 or just over S$100 2.For those in a hurry, u may opt out of the sauna and go straight into the room. This may save u abt RM 20. Please ask at the reception to be sure. 3.For those sited in a hotel, some offer the privacy of the guest rooms. This may cost abt RM 20-30 more. HCs at Grand Continental and Blue Wave Hotels hav this option. Hyatt is supposed to hav a RM 280 hotel suite package. HOW TO GO ABOUT IT? (SOP) 4.The procedures r similiar to sillypore's HCs but more like the up-market ones. a) At the reception, u usually don't have to book the gals there. A safe-deposit box service is often provided -use it! Keep your passport and wallet there. Don't worry about payment, u only need to pay when u leave. The best part is that credit cards r always accepted for the whatever services u enjoyed. Unless your wife likes to read your visa bill. In that case, come with sufficient ringgits--the exchange rate sucks. b) At the TV lounge, after the sauna, shower and free nasi lemak, the staff will automatically approach u . This is when u state your request. If u can't get any of the gals u wanted, ask for his recommendation. Be specific about your preferences, like age, height, body, skills, etc. Looks, however, are very subjective. They will say all r beautiful, but be realistic in your expectation. c) Once in the room ....... well, relax and enjoy! 5. Tipping --no need to tip the gals; they probably earn more than most of us. --those captains or guys who intro the gals u may ask u for tips... abt RM 10 will do? and only if u r happy. So far only noticed those at Crystal Crown actively asked for tips. PRACTICE SAFE SEX Even if they offer to do BJ/FJ w/o cap, plse play safe....it's more risky than GL: Even if her looks make your jaws drop, Please remember to use the rubber; Even if it's only for a blowjob, You have to protect your brother ! * Coming up next: reviews of the various health centres...... This section will give details on the some of the more popular HCs in Johor Bahru. It is not meant to be comprehensive. Any additons or updates r welcome.

ERE TO GO NOW? (Places) 1.CONTINENTAL D'SAUNA Also known as : Grand Continental; GC Location : Hotel Grand Continental, level 2 Directions : along highway before Pelangi Mall Tel. : 02-07-3323999 ext. 8909 Price : RM 77 (with 45 mins massage session) +RM150 for FJ LIKES : My all-time favourite HC in JB. Large hot pool (any HC pool that allow more than 4 persons to lay down w/o feet sticking into each other faces is large by my standard. Free food such as nasi lemak, mee siam Large selection of young gals. Best-looking gal in the form of # 84 Best-service gal in the form of # 111 DISLIKES : Too crowded at times, especially on weekends and holidays. 2.SHAPE UP POINT FITNESS CENTRE Also known as : Blue Wave; BW Location : Grand Blue Wave Hotel, 6th floor Directions : near causeway custom complex; after U-turn, keep right, small directional signs at road junctions. Near to Crystal Palace Tel. : 02-07-2217458 Price : RM 66 for 45 mins RM 79 for 60 mins +RM 150 for FJ LIKES : Best HC rooms -those renovated from the ex-gym hall comes with mirrors on one side wall ! Make sure u ask for it. Free food and desert(usually green beans soup) Large selection of young gals. Generally good service from staff and gals Hot chick in the form of # 128 DISLIKES : No pool of any kind, big or small. Sauna and steam rooms too close to toilets 3.THE CROWN EXECUTIVE HC Also known as : Crystal Crown Location : Crystal Crown Hotel, level 4 Directions : along highway after GC and Pelangi Mall; Tel. : 02-07-3343781 Price : RM 52 for 40 mins w/o sauna RM 72 for 40 mins with sauna +RM 100 for HJ +RM 150 for BJ / FJ LIKES : Comes with hot and cold pools Practices safe sex .. the gal insisted on rubber even for BJ. For those in a hurry, has direct entrance from 3rd level carpark, where u may bypass the sauna on 4th lvl and save RM 20. DISLIKES : Smallest hot pool so far --only comfortable for one at a time; two if the other person is your girlfriend-looks like a home Jacuzzi. Very small rooms and raised platform beds.... for those who likes confined spaces. 4.LION HOTEL SPA CENTRE Also known as: Lion Spa Location : Lion Hotel, enter fr ground lvl Directions : From customs --after the usual U-turn, go straight -don't turn left or right; proceed straight on till traffic junction. From Pelangi Plaza --go along highway (Jln Teberau) towards checkpoint; turn left at the junction with tunnel.The hotel is a low rise bldg just on the left of the next major cross-junction. The place has a green banner with HUGE lion head logo on the side wall ..... sure cannot miss! Tel. : 02-07-2216388 Price : RM 69 for 45mins +RM 150 for FJ LIKES : * For only RM 10 more, u get to use the hotel rooms upstairs * Has hot pool * Free parking, right infront of spa entrance DISLIKES : * Massage rooms have mostly raised platform beds * The hotel itself is a bit run-down

TT FITNESS CENTRE Also known as : Hyatt; Fizzio HC(name used in Newpaper ad) Location : Hyatt Regency, 1 level below the Lobby, near pool Directions : From checkpoint, keep left and follow the coastline along Jln Ibrahim and Jln Tun Dr.Ismail. Turn right after Hospital Sultanah Aminah. Tel : 02-07-2221234 ext 80392 Price : RM 90 for 60 mins (minimum time) +RM 20 for use of hotel room +RM 170 to 200 for FJ -negotiable { also offers all-in package for RM 280-300 } LIKES : * Classy 5-star hotel setting * Luxurious circular hot pool * Hotel room has king-sized bed and TV that works (at least for my case) * 60 mins session means u can take your time * Sweet gal by the name of Joyce DISLIKES : *Lousy TV lounge! Only a miserable 20" tv set and 4 sofas (hope they will upgrade soon) * Slap a hefty 10% surcharge on use of Visa for "specials" * No free food or snacks / no safe-deposit boxes * Prices r on the high side; also no fixed price for FJ 6.SOUTHERN SPA Location : Taman Sentosa, Lien Hoe Complex Block G, 4th floor Directions : The famous JB's Sentosa --after Pelangi Plaza, go north along the highway and turn right into J. Sutera Tel: : 02-07-3313155 Price : RM 93 +RM 150 for FJ LIKES : * Excellent facilities including -hot / cool pools in cave-like surroundings -sauna / steam rooms designed like log cabins -reading lounge with elegant sofas -mini theatre with projection screen * Free food / snacks * Has open-concept hall for hard massage DISLIKES : * Major shortcoming is lack of young gals (last year when i was there, hav only abt 4 to 5 "young" girls --meaning those under 29) * The shopping complex itself is run-down and sleazy-looking (as oppose to Hyatt, which has high-class exterior, but a lousy lounge for relaxing) 6.SOUTHERN SPA (Added on 20 July 99 ) Location : Taman Sentosa, Lien Hoe Complex Block G, 4th floor. Directions : The famous JB's Sentosa --after Pelangi Plaza, g o north along the highway and turn right into J. Sutera. Tel: : 02-07-3313155. Price : RM 93 +RM 150 for FJ. LIKES : * Excellent facilities including -hot / cool pools in cave-like surroundings -sauna / steam rooms designed like log cabins -reading lounge with elegant sofas -mini theatre with projection screen * Free food / snacks * Has open-concept hall for hard massage DISLIKES : * Major shortcoming is lack of young gals (last year when i was there, hav only abt 4 to 5 "young" girls --meaning those under 29) * The shopping complex itself is run-down and sleazy-looking (as oppose to Hyatt, which has high-class exterior, but a lousy lounge for relaxing) So much for now. Besides those i reviewed, there r more HCs to be found in our northern neighbourhood. These include Tropical Inn, First Executive, Distinction Luxury(Johore Jaya) and Skudai Paradise. Any details on these places r welcomed to be posted in Sam

[QUOTE=jasonjst;754720]Hmm,,, I thaught ppl in this forum mostly faimily man or lovelly couples setting up their dream homes in JB ? Why need to visit Blue Wave ? BTW where is this Blue Wave , didnt come across it in Nusajaya .[/QUOTE]

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
All men are same.

Spore women also gt gigolo services

Hmm,,, I thaught ppl in this forum mostly faimily man or lovelly couples setting up their dream homes in JB ? Why need to visit Blue Wave ? BTW where is this Blue Wave , didnt come across it in Nusajaya .

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to hv in nj?

Its hotel grand blue wave.

U wanna cheong ah:wink::wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow bluewave, no idea on this. Next thing we know, new thread, sleezing or chionging in JB.

Actually, if one stays near those NGV gas station or able to pass through them on daily travel, might as well convert car to be able to use NGV. Its a bit far out though but there are some that may be near to your place.

Hmm, (note to self) most of my cars have big bootspace so can sacrifice to put NGV, NGV.... Hmmm

http://www.ngv.net.my/

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey where can I buy this 12V electrical fuel pump? I make sure I transfer the fuels from my wife's car to mine every week

Buy from any autopart shop in JB can liao , just ask for a Proton fuel pump should work . You need to get a few meters of fuel line , and wires to connect to you ciggi socket . Have not try out this , not too sure if this setup work without priming the pump ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro HH, you need to put a stop to this, if worse come to worse, cut the allowance or talk to her and let her understand. Thing with dealing with ladies is to use emotions rather than logic. As MCP/sexist as this sounds, sometimes even this silly joke has some truth in it:

http://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I think we are the small group of people whose petrol bills exceed RM 1,000. We should explore other alternatives like diesel cars etc.. Hybrid 1wise last time i heard that the mileage is nt really that true.. that means for honda insight they claim its 30km per litre but in real life is no more than 20km per litre..

I think you guys must use motobike ... haha !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Damn, now i know why she purposely acts so helpless everytime.
She must have watched that youtube movie and so purposely
"knows" her limits!

Btw, for some unknown strange reason, i came back home late
today and saw a nice plate of my favourite food, satay.

That has not happened for a while, hmmm since the Wuchang uprising?

If you are reading this, i was just referring to a friends wife, none
of it was related to you, you are the exact opposite of what i wrote. :P

<Wuqi gets dragged away, screaming and twitching>

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey bro AP, actually has been married for years, almost reaching ten years. I can rant but i know deep down inside, the butterflies i saw when i first met her more than 17 years ago never really flew away.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bluewave, no idea on this. Next thing we know, new thread, sleezing or chionging in JB.

Actually, if one stays near those NGV gas station or able to pass through them on daily travel, might as well convert car to be able to use NGV. Its a bit far out though but there are some that may be near to your place.

Hmm, (note to self) most of my cars have big bootspace so can sacrifice to put NGV, NGV.... Hmmm

http://www.ngv.net.my/

Do you need to get LTA approval to convert ? Hmm... I install a blue colour lamp also faill inspection , KNN

Status
Not open for further replies.