• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are buying solely for saving on petrol, you will surely regret it because just on petrol savings alone cannot recover the initial cost difference between a hybrid and its conventional counter part.

Unless you are the kind who travels like 3-4000km per month...

actually, topgear (the awesome brit car show) did a test and it turns out a 6 cylinder mean machine of a bmw is more fuel efficient than a hybrid with flat out driving and you get the joy of the ride as well. I have driven a prius on a round UK road trip before and it feels very wobbly to me on high speed, corners are spongy with some roll and brakes are not 'eating' enough. although round about town was great. i have a friend with a honda crz who reports getting 14-15km/l which is fairly pedestrian for a hybrid imho. having said that it may be a hazard but i absolutely loved the silent startup and sliding across the morning lawn with absolute hush in full electric mode. Good getaway from parents or wifey if need to wahaha.

actually with modern car technologies like regenerative braking, start-stop and engine downsizing, tall gear in automatics (6 gears and above) and most importantly, driving green most cars even the fuel guzzlers can easily go the extra mile (literally).

having said all these I am actively looking for stock counters that delve into lithium, mining processing or related business did not find any in sgx le. did I miss any?

Last edited:

hpy090909

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys , in a bit of a rush therefore din have much time to read the 300++ pages i have a couple of questions which i hope some kind soul can help me with

my situation
-------------
i intend to rent a house/apartment somewhere near 2nd link area
i work at west coast
i have a small motorcycle and a weekend plate car
i will be staying alone
budget : RM 1000-1200 /month

questions
1) which area house/apartment will fit my budget ?
2) is nusa perdana good/ safe ? (RM 800- RM1000/mth)
3) i saw nusa perentis houses going for only about RM 600/month ...is the area safe ?
4) setia eco garden is about RM 1000-1200/mth ....wu hua boh ? too big for 1 person ?
5) if i need to reach work at west coast by 8am, what time do i have to reach checkpoint assuming (a) riding motorcycle (b) driving
6) i have cats which i intend to bring over with me to JB , any tips or recommendations ?
7) internet service ...which service provider for mobile broadband and fixed home internet ?

Thank in advance

-----------

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, topgear (the awesome brit car show) did a test and it turns out a 6 cylinder mean machine of a bmw is more fuel efficient than a hybrid with flat out driving and you get the joy of the ride as well. I have driven a prius on a round UK road trip before and it feels very wobbly to me on high speed, corners are spongy with some roll and brakes are not 'eating' enough. although round about town was great. i have a friend with a honda crz who reports getting 14-15km/l which is fairly pedestrian for a hybrid imho. having said that it may be a hazard but i absolutely loved the silent startup and sliding across the morning lawn with absolute hush in full electric mode. Good getaway from parents or wifey if need to wahaha.

actually with modern car technologies like regenerative braking, start-stop and engine downsizing, tall gear in automatics (6 gears and above) and most importantly, driving green most cars even the fuel guzzlers can easily go the extra mile (literally).

having said all these I am actively looking for stock counters that delve into lithium, mining processing or related business did not find any in sgx le. did I miss any?

the way they test is not fair to the Prius because it is set to move quick in the show.

I drove a 3.5L V6 Camry in Australia, and it travels about 15-16km/L on clear highway, about the same as I am getting on my Civic Hybrid and Prius now.
But in city driving... aiyo! The V6 only can go about 8-9km/L while the Hybrids can give be about 18-19km/L.

If seriously want to save, go diesel... the Audi A8 (also in an episode of Top Gear) went from London to Edinburgh and back on 1 full tank.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

the way they test is not fair to the Prius because it is set to move quick in the show.

I drove a 3.5L V6 Camry in Australia, and it travels about 15-16km/L on clear highway, about the same as I am getting on my Civic Hybrid and Prius now.
But in city driving... aiyo! The V6 only can go about 8-9km/L while the Hybrids can give be about 18-19km/L.

If seriously want to save, go diesel... the Audi A8 (also in an episode of Top Gear) went from London to Edinburgh and back on 1 full tank.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuesday June 14, 2011

Solve JB crawl chaos STar online

WE are perplexed and saddened by the problems of the never ending queues, jams, and time consuming clearance at the Immigration check points in Johor Baru particularly during peak hours, on weekends and during festive and holiday seasons.

These have been highlighted by numerous travellers since the opening of the ‘New’ CIQ complex in 2008 but it has not been addressed satisfactorily by the authorities.

The cause of the problems has been fully explained by people like V. Kumar (The Star, June 9) in which he zeroed in on the slow clearing systems not helped by severely under manned counters.

We also feel that the CIQ complex is badly planned and does not facilitate speedy clearance.

This has caused a lot of problems to travellers, visitors, workers and even investors (and/or potential investors in the Iskandar Development area) etc. Just imagine over hundreds of thousand people trapped every day in these jams and you multiply that by the number of hours each of these people have to queue each day!

When will the authorities wake up before the CIQ in JB become infamously known as the worst managed Immigration entry point in this region!

We simply have no business wasting travellers’ time by our mismanagement/bad planning/inadequate facilities and ineffective procedures or corrective actions (looks more like the lack of it).

Even more disheartening is the badly introduced/ill-timed biometric finger scanning procedures that have resulted in total chaos.

Didn’t the authorities have a test run to study the impact for this procedure and how it will further compound the clearing/waiting time to an already bad and unresolved problem?

Travellers had to spend five to six hours due to the finger scanning procedures during the holiday seasons.

Even up to Sunday morning one of my friends spent three hours at Immigration, even though she was at the checkpoint at 7am.

We would like to appeal to our Prime Minister to have his walkabout at the immigration check points in JB during peak hours.

Can our Yang Berhormat observe the queue involved (up to 5-6 hours) that the poor travellers have to face and how much they are suffering and unjustifiably held to ransom by a bad system/management etc.?

Can we still rely on the Immigration authorities as they have not been able to solve the problem after so many years.

And they even recently said that the introduction of the ‘Biometric System cannot be blamed for the massive jams’.

We beg your pardon? What then is causing the increased clearing/queuing time?

One must, in our national interest, look seriously at the damage to our image, credibility, economy and downtime with this avoidable catastrophe that has caused severe hardship to a lot of people.

No cost is too big if you look at the cost of not solving the problem. And please, no more denials, excuses or delays.

LAMLIM,

Kuala Lumpur.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

0_0 u have the 2 hybrids in the household! =) r u a fan of the show too? it is damn entertaining!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though Malaysia is big compared to Singapore, it is not really big among nations...even in big countries with over 200m people USA, like it or not there is generalisation of people, i recall working with a group of Boston people and they were commenting alot of the people in more mid/south states being too conservative, lazy, can't stand their behaviour blah blah...

Of course it's not... MY is smaller compared to Indo or even Phillipines... i'm just comparing SG & MY since we share similar cultures. But you have a point in saying people everywhere will generalize... can't run away from that fact...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i travel 4k a month :smile:

I think the Civic Hybrid will be good because it costs the same as a normal 1.6 Civic, but it's a JDM with more features and not made in South East Asia. My wife drives one and we'll travel around 1500-2000km/month, only pump petrol 3 times/month if we drive back to KL. If just in SG, we pump twice/month only. The Prius is more expensive, so takes longer to recoup the extra price for the hybrid.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Civic Hybrid will be good because it costs the same as a normal 1.6 Civic, but it's a JDM with more features and not made in South East Asia. My wife drives one and we'll travel around 1500-2000km/month, only pump petrol 3 times/month if we drive back to KL. If just in SG, we pump twice/month only. The Prius is more expensive, so takes longer to recoup the extra price for the hybrid.

Wah sad... Price drop so much? When I got mine it was almost same price as the 2.0!!!

If driving alot of city, Prius uses less petrol than the civic hybrid. Highway about the same for both.

Next week going to try go up Cameron in one tank. Last time reach simpang pulai with 1/4 left, quickly go pump.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ofcourse la.... still considered married just only.....

Long way to go sia....

Hello married men.... What do you guys think? Vincent got a long way to go right guys?

Ok we shall not spoil ur cake for the moment....

Enjoy the moment while it lasts and we pray and wish that it lasts a life time...

have been married for 2 years... is that still considered just married? Don't worry... I'm not as assertive as karmabear... heheh

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nude squat case 'a serious issue': Minister
The Star/ANN, Daily Chilli
Wed, Jun 15, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR: Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Dr. Ng Yen Yen is taking the latest nude squat case involving two Singaporean women seriously.

"This is not a small issue. Anything that might affect Malaysia's image and people’s perception of us as a hospitable country is not a small issue."

"The officials must be taken to task if they are found to have broken the rules," she said, when asked about the matter at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur Tuesday.

"One shouldn’t be asked to do nude squats at all unless you have an absolute reason for suspicion. And it must be done with proper supervision."

"I’m definitely not for it. Nude squats shouldn’t be a punishment. If you think they are doing illegal things, you detain them".

"We are an international player so we must make sure things are done the right way," Ng said.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah, so many posts today. It's been 10 pages forward and my post is still under review, to be shown more than 10 pages back when it's finally up. :*:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia tops in terms of safety
The Star/Asia News Network
Wed, Jun 15, 2011

By Shaila Koshy

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia ranked first among 19 upper-middle income countries in terms of safety but came in second to last globally on its human rights record.

"The country is safe, ranking top among 19 income peers and on par with (high income) countries such as France and Belgium.

"However, abuses by the police still occur," the World Justice Project's (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2011 report, released on Monday, stated.

Out of 66 countries, Malaysia at 12th place also beat the United States (13th) and Britain (14th) in terms of safety.

"The index measures how laws are implemented and enforced in practice and affect people's lives," said WJP Rule of Law Index director Juan Botero.

WJP executive director Hongxia Liu said achieving the rule of law was a constant challenge and "a work in progress" in all countries, adding: "The Index is not designed to shame or blame but to provide useful reference points for countries in the same regions with comparable legal cultures and similar income levels. The sub-factors in each factor in the Index was scored between 0' (lowest) and 1' (highest)."

The Order and Security factor was based on the sub-factors of how civil conflict is effectively limited, absence of crime and people not resorting to violence to redress grievances Malaysia scored 1 for the first and over 0.5 for the latter two.

The Fundamental Rights factor was based on the sub-factors of equal treatment and absence of discrimination, right to life and security, due process, fundamental labour rights, freedom of opinion/expression/belief/religion, arbitrary interference of privacy, and freedom of assembly and association.

Malaysia scored slightly more than 0.5 for the first four but well below 0.5 for the freedoms and privacy sub-factors.

The report stated that Malaysia presented a "contrasting view as with many other countries in the East Asia and Pacific region."

The Government was "reasonably accountable" in comparison with its income peers "although corruption, political interference, and impunity still exist", it added.

While the judiciary and police/military scored above 0.5 for absence of corruption, the Executive scraped it at 0.5.

The other countries in the upper-middle income group include Albania, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Iran, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and Venezuela.

Noting that the efficiency and transparency of government agencies could still improve, the report recommended that efforts be made in the area of access to civil justice where Malaysia ranked 44th globally and 14th in the upper-middle income group.

Status
Not open for further replies.