• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really so for Malaysia girls nowaday. The standard has dropped. For every good example you quote, I can match it up with bad ones too.

My Malaysia tenants who graduated from University in Malaysia(the top one) actually showed black face at her JB boyfriend when he came looking for her, asking him why he came, in a terrible tone. Slam the door as she like She even left the room in a dusty state. Her room was in a mess during her stay. Not much different from those china girls that I rented my rooms too a couple of years ago. She moved out last year. After I keep increasing her rent she show me her true colours. But that was to make her leave without me show her the door.

At the beginning of this year, my cousin's wife from Ipoh was pregnant and irritated, she beat up his mum. Her whole family from Malaysia will turn up if you are not nice to her.

I guess to err is human, for most malaysian girl their education standard is lower and so tried to upgrade by marrying a Singaporean. Because Singaporean man are still perceived as the RICH son-in-law. At least a few living around me showed signs of it. Not long after, if not before marriage, they will make you buy things like houses, cars in their home town, so that they can retire there after the children have grown up. Which is perfectly fine too. But unless their idea of a retirement house is in a location that you can accept. I have friends whos wives came from Ipoh, Malacca...which their wives have insisted that they retire there.

A meek kitty cat also has the potential to turn into a tigeress. So those Singaporean man out there, know your status and know what you are getting in too. Don't be blinded by the love of wanting a submissive companion. Thats most important.

Happy mate hunting! :biggrin:

Haha remind me of an ex-staff who is Malaysian. She is meek when talking to hubby but not meek in the office, plot with colleagues to tell the hubby she is working OT when actually she is going majong session with them...and yes always boasts that her Singaporean hubby is a graduate (she is a clerk)...

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is she working? Does she has income of her own? If yes, then you can give her a budget monthly that include her expenses and her family expenses, and ask her to top up the rest from her own pocket. Then see if things improve. :wink:

On the sibblings not willing to work part, you really can't do anything since their parent also can't get them to go to work. Best leave it for the time being lest it sow discord between husband and wife.

=) i shouldn't be involved in this private family matters but cathy I think it is a GreaT suggestion.
HH all the best hope things will even out in time to come.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. KSL city was within my scope earlier but left out eventually. My sole purpose of getting a place in JB is to find a peaceful, serene, away from city living lifestyle as I plan to have my first child 2 years later. I would relocate my mum n wife to JB for the initial 3-5 years when my baby is born. I hope to give them a stress free environment coupled with some greeneries and humble living. Escalating cost, kiasuism and arrogance of people in Singapore is taking a toll on us.

I was at a fine dining place 2 weeks back with my wife. It's suppose to be a delicate and classy settings when suddenly a child (5yrs old max) sprung from nowhere waving and yelling at the top of his voice trying to catch attention of the waiter. When the waiter approach, the kid just commanded "Get me a coke!". The best part is that the parent just let him be and continued their wine tasting. From their singlish, attire and attitude, it's not difficult distinguishing them as typical Singaporean. Gosh! Is that how a child should behave?

Me and my wife are 100% Singaporean.

I do notice the oblivious attitude towards bad behavious if Singaporean's own children. Its like that when you just couldn't control it. But if your kid did something wrong, they will make it sure you and your kids apologise to their kids. Over protective. Thats the attitude now! Sucks bigtime!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if I am damn hard-up, I can still get my father-in-law or wife who are Malaysia to help me pump petrol into the petrol containers when they are there to pump for their cars.. But the issue, every month I need to pump 300 litre at least.. and if one jelly can can fill 5 liter, I need about 60 jelly cans.. Quite a hassle to save RM 300 a month.. might as well pump RON 97.. Now my petrol is estimated to be RM 1000 a month or slightly more as I run 4200km per month on average now.

make sure its a jeRRy can cos petrol is unlike water esp. since its combustible. also cannot carry across border hor! =)

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about MCPs...my hubby has to be in the driver's seat no matter what...he has to know everything...decide everything....he's the one with the financial burden, so I let him have his way lor...respect him mah...:smile:

Thats why I said it depends on who calling the shorts. If you ever need the women to go out and work to help with the family finances, pay for the house, daily expenses, then still expect her to be as meek as a kitty cat and as submissive as a japanese women, do the house work, and still has enough strength to take care of her looks and entertain you at night, be prepared... :P

Haha you're spot-on!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathylmg,

Not for my case, neither entertainment, money or work is required. She has a maid and she has the money she need for everything. Money from the biz goes straight into her pocket. Still remembered, one time in one month i spent about 20k on her(that was 2nd year into marriage) for tours, etc. After spending all that money on her and her relatives for the things she wanted to buy, i was in the states with her and she wanted another 2 bags, bought for her and in the end when we went back, she still wanted me to pay her bills, etc which i duly do.

I almost became broke that month until my pay day as i had spent most of the money i had for her on top of giving her $2k for emergency money and buying her a new phone as well.

Imagine how i felt when i needed to pay an additional bill and out of convenience, asked her to lend me a grand total of $100 SGD. She gave me a very long lecture on how come i don't even have one hundred dollars, how come no saving, how come i don't even know how to think, don't give her sense of security, etc etc etc.

As it was late and i didn't have my other ATM card with me, i kept quiet, took the money, put into my atm card and paid the bill. As soon as it was 12 midnight though, i went and draw money and straightaway paid her back.

When she was working, it was worse, she would worry on Friday about work on Monday so it spoils the weekend and alot of other stuff too. She doesn't have to entertain much at all either as she was always stressed about her job but always asks me to take leave from mine everytime she likes. Its like her $1500 jobs is way more important than a $6000 job at that time even though she didn't realise that measly 6k job was paying all her bills.

Until now, still sad when i think about this.

Aiyoh, no wonder you said Malaysian wives better...

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes! I'm going to take a look this Friday. Fairway suite sounds good. Setia' sky too close proximity to malls. Can be very noisy at times especially cars revving in n out.

Hi Malapore, please read my post in page 333/334 regarding my experience with HR. The forum is moving too fast and my post is still under review. about 8 pages behind.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think is a major problem for the malaysians , these ppl at least got another malaysia car back home . Just get a 12V electrical fuel pump to tranfer from their malaysia car. But kind of troublesome , thats all .

The '12V electrical fuel pump' will sell like crazy.

Actually malaysians can now earn extra income by shuttering to and fro petrol stations to get petrol for sinkies. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey everyone, I've finally managed to keep up with all the postings... so much stuff to read.

I've read a lot of opinions about the pros and cons and Malaysians, and I feel there are a lot of generalization being done here. There are 28 million people in Msia, with 60%+ Malays, followed by Chinese, Indians and natives. There are 13 states and 2 Federal Territories, with our East Malaysians being culturally different from the West Malaysians. The places where the Malaysians grow up all contribute to their upbringing, with comparisons done between small town people and city folk. Depending on the background of the Malaysians that you meet; some will be nice, humble and down-to-earth people... whereas others might be arrogant and proud, etc. Please don't generalize so much since there are too many factors contributing to a person's upbringing.

Even with Singapore being the size it is, it wouldn't be fair for me to say those staying in Hougang are nicer (my aunt and cousins grew up in Hougang) than those staing in Tampines or Punggol. I've met a lot of Singaporeans now that I worked in SG and also 15 years ago when I came to Sg to work for 4 months after my STPM. They have all been very nice people, although I have met some idiots before.

If anything, I would generalize a difference between the older generation and the youngsters nowadays, both in SG and MY. The younger generation mostly prefer not to work hard; want high salary and short working hours and will not be willing to go the extra mile for the company, regardless of male or female. They are the ones who grew up with parents who worked hard and sacrificed a lot so that they could have a better life.

Ps. counting down the months to my move to Nusajaya in October 2011.

Though Malaysia is big compared to Singapore, it is not really big among nations...even in big countries with over 200m people USA, like it or not there is generalisation of people, i recall working with a group of Boston people and they were commenting alot of the people in more mid/south states being too conservative, lazy, can't stand their behaviour blah blah...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if I am damn hard-up, I can still get my father-in-law or wife who are Malaysia to help me pump petrol into the petrol containers when they are there to pump for their cars.. But the issue, every month I need to pump 300 litre at least.. and if one jelly can can fill 5 liter, I need about 60 jelly cans.. Quite a hassle to save RM 300 a month.. might as well pump RON 97.. Now my petrol is estimated to be RM 1000 a month or slightly more as I run 4200km per month on average now.

Finally i am forced to consider hybrid at my next car change...

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally i am forced to consider hybrid at my next car change...

if you are buying solely for saving on petrol, you will surely regret it because just on petrol savings alone cannot recover the initial cost difference between a hybrid and its conventional counter part.

Unless you are the kind who travels like 3-4000km per month...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a nice article in todays ST that states that Spore women are ----------

WIsh someone can post the article here for us. Anyone with paid subscription to ST online?

Malapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have a place in JB now, I would buy a cheap 2nd hand JB car and park it at my residence. Use my Singapore registered vehicle to commute and drive the JB car to places in Malaysia. Firstly, to avoid being sighted by those highway cops who fancy targeting Singapore cars. Secondly, not so prone to car break-ins. Lastly, NO COE!

Several of my friends living in JB been practicing such. I guess I would follow.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the pointers

if you are buying solely for saving on petrol, you will srurely regret it because just on petrol savings alone cannot recover the initial cost difference between a hybrid and its conventional counter part.

Malapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have a place in JB now, I would buy a cheap 2nd hand JB car and park it at my residence. Use my Singapore registered vehicle to commute and drive the JB car to places in Malaysia. Firstly, to avoid being sighted by those highway cops who fancy targeting Singapore cars. Secondly, not so prone to car break-ins. Lastly,

Several of my friends living in JB been practicing such. I guess I would follow.

Oh yes! Myvi would be my first choice. Sounds like a feasible idea.
Can't wait to live in JB now.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are buying solely for saving on petrol, you will surely regret it because just on petrol savings alone cannot recover the initial cost difference between a hybrid and its conventional counter part.

Yes i travel 4k a month :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.