• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For the 2 ladies case, it may be that as our citizenship has been given out too freely, people are already thinking that SG passport can be owned by people of any country, thus driving down the formerly high perceived value. Had a friend who was asked where were we originally from, are you from PRC when people saw our red passport at the customs. Even in US customs, i heard from learned friend, due to the ease of travel with our passports, stealing or killing to get to the SG passport (in the past) was something desperate people would do(at least in the past).

Now all they do is get PR within a few months of coming here and get their citizenship once they declare. One time while clearing customs in the US, they scrutinized me when they saw SG passport and one even asked purpose, how come want to come here, am i actually from China, etc. When i cleared and asked my colleague, was told because quite a few who are clearly from China are using SG passport. Some are allegedly doing "special business" over there.

One day if our passports don't get the former recognition, we know who to thank, not the new citizens but those highly paid people who are sleeping!

Last edited:

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I dont think the facts are correct.. cos the terraces in Taman Laguna are not completely sold.. many units available at only RM 500K+. Dont think it will shoot up to RM 1.1 million just like that!

I can't verify the facts to be 100% correct. I heard it from a friend about his neighbour. I guess maybe the buyer is desperate to get the house quickly, or maybe the renovation & furnishing done to the house is extraordinarily captivating, or what ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sometimes i get worried too because she was always worrying about the level of fuel left. Even though there is still 1/4, she would keep on coming after me because she was afraid she would run out of fuel for a short trip to the market (back then this was in SG, not JB). Even when one of the cars would tell her, 150km left, she would still be afraid to go out for a 3 minute drive to buy food.

Got me so worried for her that, not only one night but many nights, i would take all 4 cars one by one to pump each one to full tank and check all tyre pressures and battery water. This is on top of weekly checks on water, engine oil as well as various oils.

One time she drove back home with a flat tyre and told me, she has to go to work in the morning at 6am, so she needs the flat fixed, luckily i got all the tools but as her tyre was completely flat out, had to pump to at least half full and swerving the tyre out before fixing it. Got all tired and dirty but tyre fixed. Looked around, she already went to bed right after telling me to fix.

Finally went to sleep at 3plus that night and woke up early next morning to check on her tyres then i went to work.

The funny funny thing was, when i was in US for the 2 plus years, my mum and dad told me she was a mini Wuqi, able to do everything on her own. The minute i was back, she becomes a helpless maiden(or a smart one who pretends so she doesn't have to do anything)

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I can't verify the facts to be 100% correct. I heard it from a friend about his neighbour. I guess maybe the buyer is desperate to get the house quickly, or maybe the renovation & furnishing done to the house is extraordinarily captivating, or what ...

Or maybe does it comes with gold taps? Not joking, a recent neighbour of mine installed some. Wondering whether there are health benefits? Silver taps i can understand but gold?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Cathylmg,

Not for my case, neither entertainment, money or work is required. She has a maid and she has the money she need for everything. Money from the biz goes straight into her pocket. Still remembered, one time in one month i spent about 20k on her(that was 2nd year into marriage) for tours, etc. After spending all that money on her and her relatives for the things she wanted to buy, i was in the states with her and she wanted another 2 bags, bought for her and in the end when we went back, she still wanted me to pay her bills, etc which i duly do.

I almost became broke that month until my pay day as i had spent most of the money i had for her on top of giving her $2k for emergency money and buying her a new phone as well.

Imagine how i felt when i needed to pay an additional bill and out of convenience, asked her to lend me a grand total of $100 SGD. She gave me a very long lecture on how come i don't even have one hundred dollars, how come no saving, how come i don't even know how to think, don't give her sense of security, etc etc etc.

As it was late and i didn't have my other ATM card with me, i kept quiet, took the money, put into my atm card and paid the bill. As soon as it was 12 midnight though, i went and draw money and straightaway paid her back.

When she was working, it was worse, she would worry on Friday about work on Monday so it spoils the weekend and alot of other stuff too. She doesn't have to entertain much at all either as she was always stressed about her job but always asks me to take leave from mine everytime she likes. Its like her $1500 jobs is way more important than a $6000 job at that time even though she didn't realise that measly 6k job was paying all her bills.

Until now, still sad when i think about this.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HH, definitely agree with you. It has to be reasonable like what Lemans said.

Hi Cathylmg, is there no way you can claim to be MY based on your dad and "ren zu gui zong" to MY?
Then you can save on all that levy stuff, etc. You won't even need MACS or MM2H.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes i get worried too because she was always worrying about the level of fuel left. Even though there is still 1/4, she would keep on coming after me because she was afraid she would run out of fuel for a short trip to the market (back then this was in SG, not JB). Even when one of the cars would tell her, 150km left, she would still be afraid to go out for a 3 minute drive to buy food.

Got me so worried for her that, not only one night but many nights, i would take all 4 cars one by one to pump each one to full tank and check all tyre pressures and battery water. This is on top of weekly checks on water, engine oil as well as various oils.

One time she drove back home with a flat tyre and told me, she has to go to work in the morning at 6am, so she needs the flat fixed, luckily i got all the tools but as her tyre was completely flat out, had to pump to at least half full and swerving the tyre out before fixing it. Got all tired and dirty but tyre fixed. Looked around, she already went to bed right after telling me to fix.

Finally went to sleep at 3plus that night and wake up early next morning to check on her tyres then i went to work.
The funny funny thing is, when i was in US for the 2 plus years, my mum and dad told me she was a mini Wuqi, able to do everything on her own. The minute i was back, she becomes a helpless maiden(or a smart one who pretends so she doesn't have to do anything)

She is a clever women. Its sure helps to make the man feel important. LOL!

You both have come a long way and I pray for your bliss to continue to the end of the journey! :smile:

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told by a friend that one of his neighbours in Taman Laguna has got a buyer who's paying RM1.1mil for his intermediate terrace.

I refused to believe him initially, but ... wow!

Seems that even Laguna's houses prices are skyrocketting

That's good news for all of us owning houses in Johor!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH, definitely agree with you. It has to be reasonable like what Lemans said.

Hi Cathylmg, is there no way you can claim to be MY based on your dad and "ren zu gui zong" to MY?
Then you can save on all that levy stuff, etc. You won't even need MACS or MM2H.

Aiyoh, my dad gave up his Malaysian citizenship when I was about to enter P1. He even got himself 'O' Level malay just to qualify himslef to become a Singapore citizen. So long already.... also how to claim when he is already dead now? :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
She is a clever women. Its sure helps to make the man feel important. LOL!

You both have come a long way and I pray for your bliss to continue to the end of the journey! :smile:

Or tired as i had to handle external and internal thing. I always felt women can do almost everything a man can but if you want to keep telling me women is the weaker race, then don't come and tell me man settle external whilst women does internal yet internal stuff i must also do. Will die of sheer exhuastion one of these days.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you were born in MY, there are ways from what i understand or at least have birthcert.

Me born in Singapore. My mum is Singaporean. So no choice lah. But my Yi-pohs(grandma's families side still all malaysia although I don't know them at all) still Malaysians....I wonder can or not?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Still remember one time, she can drive all the way down to San Diego to pick me up and another time drove folks back when a friends car broke down at Marin county. Yet the minute she is back, she became worried about the 1/4 fuel needle in tiny SG.

I have absolutely no issues with women being in charge, in fact i much prefer someone smarter, capable or more educated than me to be my partner. Somehow i don't feel threatened. At least in SG, having a smart partner lightens ones load considerably

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey everyone, I've finally managed to keep up with all the postings... so much stuff to read.

I've read a lot of opinions about the pros and cons and Malaysians, and I feel there are a lot of generalization being done here. There are 28 million people in Msia, with 60%+ Malays, followed by Chinese, Indians and natives. There are 13 states and 2 Federal Territories, with our East Malaysians being culturally different from the West Malaysians. The places where the Malaysians grow up all contribute to their upbringing, with comparisons done between small town people and city folk. Depending on the background of the Malaysians that you meet; some will be nice, humble and down-to-earth people... whereas others might be arrogant and proud, etc. Please don't generalize so much since there are too many factors contributing to a person's upbringing.

Even with Singapore being the size it is, it wouldn't be fair for me to say those staying in Hougang are nicer (my aunt and cousins grew up in Hougang) than those staing in Tampines or Punggol. I've met a lot of Singaporeans now that I worked in SG and also 15 years ago when I came to Sg to work for 4 months after my STPM. They have all been very nice people, although I have met some idiots before.

If anything, I would generalize a difference between the older generation and the youngsters nowadays, both in SG and MY. The younger generation mostly prefer not to work hard; want high salary and short working hours and will not be willing to go the extra mile for the company, regardless of male or female. They are the ones who grew up with parents who worked hard and sacrificed a lot so that they could have a better life.

Ps. counting down the months to my move to Nusajaya in October 2011.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or tired as i had to handle external and internal thing. I always felt women can do almost everything a man can but if you want to keep telling me women is the weaker race, then don't come and tell me man settle external whilst women does internal yet internal stuff i must also do. Will die of sheer exhuastion one of these days.

Man are all like this one..ask them do something, although keeps grumbling and grumbling but still do...if you everything also don't ask them, do it yourself, thats when they turn suspicious liao... :biggrin:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would just tell my partner nicely it is too much a burden for me to feed so many people. Her parents are ok... but only basic necessities and by that i would say MYR1k a month is enough, really. If she has other siblings they would have to contribute towards her parents. Feeding her siblings is out of the question.

Hi horizonhills, read your story and I feel for you, bro. Have you spoken to your wife about this? Tell her that both of you need to save money for investmet/retirement/etc and cannot always pay for extended family's meal? Also, the fact that you're doing them more harm by "giving them a fish" instead of teaching them how to fish... how to support them for the long-term since both of you need to save for your own family.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi
If you are looking for condo in JB city, do check out KSL City (D'esplanade) too. About 5 mins drive from the custom. More expensive, but better quality (you have to decide for yourself). If Spore's MRT goes to JB (and if it's near causeway CIQ), then travel to and from Spore will be very convenient. ..

Was at Horizon Residence sales office today. Very impressive design and was told there will be Gurkha guards. Prices pretty reasonable but limited units left to choose. Feel so tempted. Should I or should I not? Any advice?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally went to sleep at 3plus that night and woke up early next morning to check on her tyres then i went to work.

The funny funny thing was, when i was in US for the 2 plus years, my mum and dad told me she was a mini Wuqi, able to do everything on her own. The minute i was back, she becomes a helpless maiden(or a smart one who pretends so she doesn't have to do anything)

bro wuqi, I feel for you... For me, i like my wife to be independent and know how to do stuff. My fear is that I may not be always there for her, therefore she needs to be able to fend for herself. Of ourse it's nice to be the man; but I've learned to be prepared for anything and I'm the one panning for our future. Since we got married 2 years ago, I've been sharing a lot of stuff with her and influencing her to my way of thinking... and it seems to be working... hope you can find some "peace" with your wife and not feel so sad since a marriage is for life and we definitely want to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.