• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah thinking of teaching them..... then again i am scared to teach them....

cause in a rush of young blood they do the wrong thing then thats it...

They need to mature a bit i guess before i teach them these things... scary lah electricity...

My hubby thought my son how to check the circuit box for power trips. He is now able to check it on his own which one is the one that tripped and turn the rest on. Have to learn to protect mummy and younger sister if daddy is not around. :P

You might want to teach the eldest one to do it too. In case such thing happen without your presents, life will still goes on. :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. That KBW will have no choice but to do something about the escalating home prices....

He is in a Catch 22 situation or rather a thankless situation
1) PRices drop in Spore.... He will get whacked at the next election cause a majority of the voters are definitely not first time buyers. For most folks in Spore the HDB Is their main asset and some sort of nest egg for old age.... if they choose to downgrade etc....
2) If prices dun drop the first time buyers will whack him and this will have a cascading effect where the older folks will whack him too....

I think the solution lies in not reducing the resale prices of flats but by making properties for first time buyers (young couples) really affordable...

Cause if resale HDB price drops i think the whole market may go bearish after that....

IMHO, Singapore's property prices will not skyrocket any further for the time being, nor will they let it skydive. An adjustment of 10-15% is at best. Then gradual increase over the years. Singapore has limited land resources. Although they had temporarily thrown so many units into the market, they can't be doing it forever. Upward pressure has been there and will always be there. Unless the economy goes down the drain.

80% of Singaporeans stays in HDB flats. The whole chaos in this election is created by those kiasus who couldn't get themselves their first HDB flats. Fanned by politicians who pick it up as an arrow to shoot the current current government policies so as to score points for their own campaigns. Those that have already board the train will not want to see their single most precious assets depreciate. So if its price skydive, KBW will be in deep shit!

Btw, where is the retirement village that was mention sometime back? I thought should be annouced in May? Now already June?

PS: Its my personal point of view, you are entitled to yours!

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
The penthouses are huge....above 4000sqft, Two stories, with open air jacuzzi, roof top gardens. I think there are 8 units, 4 in each tower. Below that are the 1-3 bed rooms apartments at more affordable price..... From rm 300k (lower floor, studio) . .. .

You for real ? RM$3million for a living space in JB ? That what i call a RIP OFF ! May be 20 years down the road. It rational enough.

For RM$3Million, you can get a very good location + BIg space at East Ledang, HH or Setia Tropika ....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo dun chop of lah.

Heart pain. Worst case think this way..... Every human needs 2 mature trees to provide him with oxygen this is what i thought..... One of the students from CJC says "The lifetime of a tree produces sufficient oxygen for a family of 4 for one year". According to his theory assuming average lifespan of 60 years family of 4 = 240 years = 240 trees.....

Oh my God.... We are all dead like that... I dun see so many so many trees around.... Guess what he replied..... "Got a lot of grass around..... Grass is a plant. Produces oxygen"

Aiya now a days kids a..... and their logic.... so detached from Mother nature.....

Do you have L shaped grass patch or just in front? you can chop it la hoping that you will replace that one with several nice sapplings based on your preference especially if you are looking for a theme ?

No need for gardener/landscaper. Buy the soil do yourself ok already. Do a small part at a time.

You can hire me also.... Giving back to nature so i charge you Subsidized pricing ....

Professor bro, I'm planning to do this too. After I have set up the gardening patch at car pouch. I find that people chopped down the tree infront of their house inorder to do so. Am thinking of whether to chop down mine too.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy you can go to KIP Mart at Tampoi Indah. The soil there is Rm 5 for bag of 3. Compost Rm 5 per bag. I still think cheaper than nurseries. This is the KIP Mart referred to by Wuqi and Mallow.

They got some plants there too. Not a wide variety but definitely some to quench your desire.

I just bought a hibiscus/jasmine/curry leaf from there last week.

They are growing fine. With a lil bit of trial and error we can all get it right....

Actually KIP Mart you go a few times ah they can remember and recognise you already.... they seem to recognise my wife and i pretty well.

I always ask for discount maybe thats why. But till date i did not get a single cent discount. H e he...

Professor bro, I'm planning to do this too. After I have set up the gardening patch at car pouch. I find that people chopped down the tree infront of their house inorder to do so. Am thinking of whether to chop down mine too.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to 10 Shelford showroom and was told that a conservative 500+ sq feet 1 bed-room apartment is going for almost S$1 million. But cant compare la cos 10 Shelford is in prime Bukit Timah district and 1KM from Nanyang Pri and Raffles Girls Primary School. For a kiasu parent like me, I would pay S$1 million for a 500+ sq feet condo in Bukit Timah anytime over a S$1 million 5000 sq feet bungalow with swimming pool in East Ledang. I guess education remains a top pirority for my kids.

Wow! Costly S$1 million dollar kids! To pay S$1 million just so they can get into a top school. But that's such a Singaporean parental thing to do, isn't it? Me? I'll rather take the bungalow with swimming pool in East Ledang!

Don't forget, getting into a top school is just a first step. Must still fork out more for their tertiary education 12 years later. Another S$1 million? That will be 2 East Ledang bungalows. Luckily I don't have kids to worry about. Hopefully you can send them to a university in Educity later on, for much less.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo dun chop of lah.

Heart pain. Worst case think this way..... Every human needs 2 mature trees to provide him with oxygen this is what i thought..... One of the students from CJC says "The lifetime of a tree produces sufficient oxygen for a family of 4 for one year". According to his theory assuming average lifespan of 60 years family of 4 = 240 years = 240 trees.....

Oh my God.... We are all dead like that... I dun see so many so many trees around.... Guess what he replied..... "Got a lot of grass around..... Grass is a plant. Produces oxygen"

Aiya now a days kids a..... and their logic.... so detached from Mother nature.....

Do you have L shaped grass patch or just in front? you can chop it la hoping that you will replace that one with several nice sapplings based on your preference especially if you are looking for a theme ?

No need for gardener/landscaper. Buy the soil do yourself ok already. Do a small part at a time.

You can hire me also.... Giving back to nature so i charge you Subsidized pricing ....

The tree infront huh, not a fruit tree so no fruit to eat for me. Then produce so many dead leaves for me the sweep in my car pouch. Am thinking of planting a mango tree, a mangka tree, a papaya tree or a jambu tree instead. 2-in-1. Tree plus fruit. Can? :biggrin: Which one give nice flower as well? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Yeah not bad right.... despite bumper to bumper just took us 20 min

2) Wah the indian guy so kaypoh ah? Ask so many questions. Somemore tried to provoke you.... But i like your style.... You chose to eat humble pie..... Yes as long as we eat humble pie they think they are superior and wont mind us..... But if we try to act arrogant despite our Red passport they can harass us no end.

3) Wah ... He ask you stay in Spore.... so many times.... Trying to provoke you.... I feel like asking him "What is he doing in Malaysia? He should also better stay in ....."

but Cathy full marks to you.... You handled it really well.... cool as cucumber....

Left Tampines at 8.30pm yesterday night and went in through the 1st link. There was quite a long queue. Bumper to bumper but strange as it is, customs cleared very fast. It used to be like this before the finger print thingie started. Now it back to the old routine. With an addition of a sticker.

This indian custom officer asked many question:-

1. Where are you staying in Malaysia.
Ans: Setia Tropika

2. You bought a house in Malaysia?
Ans: Yes

3. Why you want to stay in Malaysia?
Ans: ....(Smile)

4. Why you want to stay in Malaysia?
Ans: Singapore very expensive lah....(Smile again! (*)&)*^%*)

5. Stay in Singapore lah!
Ans:!!! (Smile again! _)^(*%*^%$%$)

6. Better stay in Singapore!
Ans: haha! (Smle again! *%**&^*^)

7. You never do MAC ah?
Ans: Passport left only 1 1/2 year cannot lah....

8. Then do for the rest lah...
Ans: Then some scan some chop very troublesome lah....

9. )*(&^(%(*&).....:rolleyes:

I guess like Singapore's attitude towards foreigners, they are starting to fill the heat now, so there is a need to be very very very humble to them. Although secretely in our mind.......:rolleyes:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my FT friends who has 2 properties back home (1 paid up and the other on loan) had invested in a 3 room hdb flat about 8 years ago.

He just sold it 2 weeks ago making a tidy profit of S$200 k. Not bad eh for an FT.

He then paid up the on loan property in his hometown transferred his property to his parents and to prevent himself running foul of hdb laws.

Now he is about 37 and has invested in an EA at a price of S$565 (COV cant remember exactly but definitely close to 50k)

He has taken a 30 year loan. I asked why such a long loan tenure.

His reply..."U think i am gonna stay here till then? Im just gonna sell my property in 5-10 years pocket the profit and semi retire in my home country after that"

Wah nice sia.....

But i cant sell...my hdb to buy another.....

And condo is so small... i get suffocated....

Bro AP, most of my FT tenents for the pass 10yrs had been doing so and they are open about it. Nobody wants to takes up citizenship. Their sole purposes here is to earn money money money. Then live like king in their own country. Starting from Malaysians to Chinese to phillipinos and now indians. They are all doing the same thing. That's why I learn early and am now following their foot steps. Just that I am a Singaporean. :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Yeah not bad right.... despite bumper to bumper just took us 20 min

2) Wah the indian guy so kaypoh ah? Ask so many questions. Somemore tried to provoke you.... But i like your style.... You chose to eat humble pie..... Yes as long as we eat humble pie they think they are superior and wont mind us..... But if we try to act arrogant despite our Red passport they can harass us no end.

3) Wah ... He ask you stay in Spore.... so many times.... Trying to provoke you.... I feel like asking him "What is he doing in Malaysia? He should also better stay in ....."

but Cathy full marks to you.... You handled it really well.... cool as cucumber....

Not me lah, my hubby. :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gave my mum the whole garden not enough for her la.

She decided to encroach on my territory... She took a 3 * 3 feet at the end of the L shaped grass patch and has planted 2 papaya, 1 coconut and one mango tree down there apart from chillies and the likes...

Hi ya.... Overcrowding cannot lah... How can the plants grow like that? Tried to explain to my mum.... She wont listen....

she wanted to come and plant in between my pines.... I said no way.....

The tree infront huh, not a fruit tree so no fruit to eat for me. Then produce so many dead leaves for me the sweep in my car pouch. Am thinking of planting a mango tree, a mangka tree, a papaya tree or a jambu tree instead. 2-in-1. Tree plus fruit. Can? :biggrin: Which one give nice flower as well? :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gave my mum the whole garden not enough for her la.

She decided to encroach on my territory... She took a 3 * 3 feet at the end of the L shaped grass patch and has planted 2 papaya, 1 coconut and one mango tree down there apart from chillies and the likes...

Hi ya.... Overcrowding cannot lah... How can the plants grow like that? Tried to explain to my mum.... She wont listen....

she wanted to come and plant in between my pines.... I said no way.....

Wow! Big land also overcrowed now siah? I don't have land, just a patch, so must think of the patch outside also...:biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although i know FTS from Malaysia, Philippines and Indians here is my take....

1) Malaysian FTS we cant ignore.... We have to live with them because we are neighbours immediate neighbours.

2) Philippine FTS may not be rich/not even middle class

3) Indian FTS most are atleast middle class with property back home....

4) Chinese FTS although i know a few of them i dunno much of their economics so i dun wanna comment. Having said that i know lots of rich folks from PRC and Korea in Spore.

Now these FTS with property back home are willing to take the risk to buy a HDB here even if it means lying to the govt here. Its not easy for the sg govt to trace property back in the FTs home country.

Unfortunately we are singaporeans. We cant do that.

We get hit both ways for speaking the truth and being loyal...

Bro AP, most of my FT tenents for the pass 10yrs had been doing so and they are open about it. Nobody wants to takes up citizenship. Their sole purposes here is to earn money money money. Then live like king in their own country. Starting from Malaysians to Chinese to phillipinos and now indians. They are all doing the same thing. That's why I learn early and am now following their foot steps. Just that I am a Singaporean. :biggrin:

mrbean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone,

I am about to take the plunge in JB. Need your advise on the following:
a) for a 3000sq ft land/2200 sq ft built-up cluster at Gateway, is $650K considered reasonable in?
b)) I have been advised the following costs:

1) house price
2) agent commission is 1% of house price
3) levy
4) stamp duty
5) legal fees

If take loan, there is additional loan legal fee. I read some of the pages of the forum and noted there is this MOT thingy (but one developer sales guy said that this is actually the stamp duty) and I came across this term MRTA, which I understand is some form of insurance for outstanding loan balance.

d) so is it correct that MOT = stamp duty?
e) what is the typical legal fee like if without loan? Any lawyers anyone can recommend? I read that the fees can vary quite a fair bit with different law firms.
f) anyone has any opinion of Casa Almyra?

Apologies if the questions have been asked before, but the forum is too long running beyond 300 pages, and I can't seem to do intelligent search to highlight the relevant pages for reading again.
So far, most of the people I met - agents and developer sales - are not very professional in that they are not very knowledgeable in all aspects of the housing purchase process. So after they explain to me and I aks specific questions, the info gets added on instead of them explaining to me all at one go, which means their original explanation has jarring gaps.

My heartfelt thanks in advance.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although i know FTS from Malaysia, Philippines and Indians here is my take....

1) Malaysian FTS we cant ignore.... We have to live with them because we are neighbours immediate neighbours.

2) Philippine FTS may not be rich/not even middle class

3) Indian FTS most are atleast middle class with property back home....

4) Chinese FTS although i know a few of them i dunno much of their economics so i dun wanna comment. Having said that i know lots of rich folks from PRC and Korea in Spore.

Now these FTS with property back home are willing to take the risk to buy a HDB here even if it means lying to the govt here. Its not easy for the sg govt to trace property back in the FTs home country.

Unfortunately we are singaporeans. We cant do that.

We get hit both ways for speaking the truth and being loyal...

I had 1 Malaysia FT that work in the airport as airplane check-in stuff. She worked in Singapore for 10 years. Willing to do as much OTs as she can. Her property and car in Johor fully paid up. With money for a small business and savings to last her a long long time. Went home and got married to a local guy.

Malaysians are pioneer FTs. They are the first batch of FTs which we losed our jobs to. So far thats true for me personally. Then when they get more and more demanding, thats when the rest comes in. So when you ask the government to do something about FTs taking our jobs, don't expect the malaysians to be exempted too. Except provided that there is further cooperations between the 2 countries for people to work in each other's territory. Then that would be a different situations altogether.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice idea leh.... Tree plus fruit plus flower.... Very nice.....

If ur tired call me hor..... Subsidized rate for you since you are just across and paying back nature....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly i dun think the Spore govt will have the guts and the courage to prevent Malaysian FTS.

From what i know.... even among FTS got difference.... at immigration. First preference is always for Malaysian FTs and then followed by Indonesian FTs and then the rest. Now dunno how far this is true.

But i guess because of linkages in culture/trade/tourism etc.... the govt wont come down heavily on the Malaysian FTs.

Just imagine if Malaysia retaliates.... I dun think Spore can take it. Especially since Spore plans to use Malaysia as an investment destination to propel itself.

Imagine Malaysia asking all Sporeans to leave.... They are a big country.... They wont lose much.... We got lot to lose...

Then when they get more and more demanding, thats when the rest comes in. So when you ask the government to do something about FTs taking our jobs, don't expect the malaysians to be exempted too. Except provided that there is further cooperations between the 2 countries for people to work in each other's territory. Then that would be a different situations altogether.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo i dunno much about Botany leh (I hate Biology)

But the CJC student who studies higher Bio recomends :biggrin:DURIAN:biggrin:

He burst out laughing when he saw me typing what he replied.

AP bro, which one has nice flower? Best with nice fragrants too. Then tree plus flower plus fruit plus fragrants? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.