• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, from what I heard, there are at least one entry/exit to the coastal highway from HH.

The confirmed one is the roundabout between Golf and clubhouse as you can see for the past 3 months they are clearing the roads and making sure everything is in place.

However, people from Bukit Indah can also link to this entry/exit as they just gotta go straight all the way from Bukit Indah to HH side ( without turning right into HH main security ) and all the way thru HH to their right.. in a while they should also link up to this entry/exit points of HH. So now the roads may be isolated and quiet mostly.. expect this to be a major main road when the coastal highway is opened. People who are visiting Jusco,Tesco, Giants etc from other places in City centre will use this coastal highway to reach Bukit Indah

Thanks for your explaination :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took the 1st link to go back to JB yesterday night. Left Tampines at 8.25pm and reach Setia Tropika at 9.25pm. It was a breeze through the custom. No 'constipation' at all. :biggrin: I think they had stopped the finger print thingie.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

can try KSL city, new mall with cinemas (6 screens I think) in JB city, opposite pelangi plaza. Mall has security guards patrolling car park..... Tesco, popular and many restaurants . . .

Lots of cinemas in Johor.

Ofcourse safe la.

Go to the one at JB City Square. Or you could also choose the one at Tebrau Jusco.

Both are good.

Ticket prices reasonable and slightly cheaper ofcourse.

I used to go earlier before i bought my property here.

Now no time already.... la

Listening to Lobo now here at STropika

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Not sure if this helps...
Coming from JB towards the Perling toll... on the main road leading towards the toll, you can see several left turns into various Tamans...
If I remember correctly, take the left turn into Taman Duta and it goes straight into Bukit Indah... just go straight all the way to the end, then turn right when you see road construction, I think thats gonna be the highway leading into HH...

This way, you bypass the Perling toll and at same time, if you're interested, there are quite a lot of shops all along both sides of the road.

Also, recently discovered that from Bkt Indah if you go straight past HSBC/Standard Chartered towards Taman Bestari, you will reach Taman Sutera (something)... and just past this Taman, is a short cut right into Skudai. Lots of nice food here too.

This was the short cut into the Skudai area i was referring to.

I think euphony had asked for this if i am not wrong and i had explained to euphony about this.

Thanks maxpark.

This link will show you the way on the map from Jalan Skudai, past the Pasir Gudang Highway turn off which one would normally take bring you to the toll before turning off to HH,
  1. turning into Jalan Sutera Danga and then proceed to follow the road to HH.( that's the LONG way.....):rolleyes:
  2. follow the turn off to the pasir gudang highway towards HH BUT well BEFORE the Toll on your LEFT hand is a row of shophouse consisting of eating place, MAYBANK, POLICE STATION etc...... 9I'm sure you've noticed them driving towards the toll booth..) at the end of that BLOCK is Jalan Simbang on the left. Turn into this road, follow it all the way to the 1st set of traffic lights. Turn right onto Jalan Persisiran Perling 1 and follow the road all the way to HH. (you should be alright from here on as there are sign boards pointing to HH...):smile:
Hope this helps.

http://www.yellowpages.com.my/map/?sfor=all&name=Bestari+Bestmart+Sdn+Bhd

P.S. Click on the map result on the left hand side which highlights "A Bestari Bestmart ..." it will bring up the map showing you the way to Bestmart ( taht's the Long way..) before that is the Persisiran Perling/ Pasir Gudang turnoff......... (that's where "2" above comes in)

Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi AP,

if u r gog to KSL city, might as well check out the sales office. Sales person can bring u to the condo construction site above the mall. Understand that the penthouses at over 30th floor are selling at $3 mil up. Expensive, but views at higher floors will be fantastic. The 1 to 3 bedrooms units are suitable for small families or singles working in spore. With the mrt connection to spore by 2018 (plus xx years delay), and plans to develop JB city, I think there is upside.

Thanks im goin this weekend

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi AP,

if u r gog to KSL city, might as well check out the sales office. Sales person can bring u to the condo construction site above the mall. Understand that the penthouses at over 30th floor are selling at $3 mil up. Expensive, but views at higher floors will be fantastic. The 1 to 3 bedrooms units are suitable for small families or singles working in spore. With the mrt connection to spore by 2018 (plus xx years delay), and plans to develop JB city, I think there is upside.

You for real ? RM$3million for a living space in JB ? That what i call a RIP OFF ! May be 20 years down the road. It rational enough.

For RM$3Million, you can get a very good location + BIg space at East Ledang, HH or Setia Tropika ....

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I do love JB but sad to say in terms of education, Singapore is better over Malaysia. My wife was not keen to send my kids to Singapore to study in govt school as she wanted them to remain with her parent. I told her to stop being so selfish. I mean, our kids are Singaporean and inside the circle where every other kids are trying so hard to come in without avail. But now u are trying to bring our kids to Malaysia to study? Please, not that I look down on the Malaysia education system but at the end of the day, even if u got 11A1 in SPM, what are u gotta do? We have seen these top students being sidelined by the Scholarship department year after year in favour of bumi students with less than stirling results.

So I plan to focus on my kids education while holding onto my HH and EL properties in the future until they got married and its time for me to relax.

Wife must be mad to let kids study in Malaysia. Bring her out, let me talk to her. I give her a tongue lashing for you !

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard HH's south golf semi-D is selling at around 1.5mil RM already? Price appreciate so fast??

Any other semi-d in the Nusajaya region selling cheaper?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peak hour you drove from Tampines to Setia Tropika in an hour.

Not bad....

Very good...

We clocked a best of 45-50 min from Setia Tropika To Sengkang.

I took the 1st link to go back to JB yesterday night. Left Tampines at 8.25pm and reach Setia Tropika at 9.25pm. It was a breeze through the custom. No 'constipation' at all. :biggrin: I think they had stopped the finger print thingie.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i thought so too.

I manged about 45-50 minutes only during offpeak. During peak about 1.5 hours on average via CIQ. Via Tuas also same.

So for us at Setia Tropika Tuas a bt far but roads are nicer so both ways takes about the same time.

How do u guys go to Setia T from Custom? I presume is go to Jalan Skudai then up Perling and into PG highway and turn left into kempas? 1 hour from Tampines to Setia T is very very fast!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are several routes bro..... Most of them are equally good unless there is some construction activity.... The worst road is Tebrau which we now totally avoid unless we are dead sure its jam free

1) CIQ -- Tebrau -- exit to NS Hiway -- Setia Tropika exit

2) CIQ -- Tebrau -- exit to Pasir Gudang Hway -- Exit and turn right at Pakar Kempas hospital

3) CIQ -- Towards Danga City Mall -- ??? Forgot

4) CIQ--- all the way towards Danga Bay drive by the sea.... hit perling .... turn towards Pasir Gudang Lebuhraya and then at Hospital Pakar Kempas turn left to Setia Tropika....

Many many way....

How do u guys go to Setia T from Custom? I presume is go to Jalan Skudai then up Perling and into PG highway and turn left into kempas? 1 hour from Tampines to Setia T is very very fast!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about trips my light bulb blows and the MCB trips... Whole home plunged into stone age.... "no electricity"

Now this is fine if it happens when my wife and/or i are at home.

When we are not at home... its a different story... Cause we cant rush back and my maid is none the wiser....

My mum prefers to stay away from MCCBs...

Leaving young kids at home may not be a good idea in JB.

But thinking again... this happens in spore as well.

Is this how Circuit breakers are designed to work?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
All house owners with corner lots at Setia Tropika in my precint seem inspired....

All of them are using the grass patch outside the house... The L shaped grass patch.... All kinds of plants abound...

Nice.....

Looks like i will have a green estate in times to come

Saw a couple of birds this morning.

The tweeting and chirping of the birds is awesome....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting story to tell..

I was at TESCO on sun last....

Nothing much to do.... apart from the broadband speed testing that was my hobby for the day....

So walked from aisle to aisle...

Started taking a look at the Baseball steering wheel locks.

I was just looking at the Rm 100 plus one....

When a guy who was inspecting the Rm 300 + one seriously suddenly noticed me looking at the Rm 100+ one and asked me...."Do you think it really works?"

I said i heard it does....

He replied.... "My dad used the Rm 200 + one.... Yet his car was stolen.

I think its syndicate that does this..... Anything they sell at Tesco/Giant these syndicate guys know how to open

I was looking at the Rm 300+ one to check what the difference could be between the 200+ and the 300+.

I think its best to go to the Car shops and get the specialized ones which cost a bomb"

He looked a decent guy. He was shopping with his wife and kid. Wife looked the geek sorts...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same bumper to bumper jam can be longer at other times.

First time i noticed them scanning my macs sticker this mornin while returnin to spore

Last edited:

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
This only happened recently... It is this kind of news that I am worrying over my daughters' safety day in day out in JB

PETALING JAYA- An 8-year-old girl was alleged to have been raped by a man with two previous convictions for theft.

He was reportedly caught by the victim's brother-in-law and other guests at a wedding ceremony at SRK Yoke Kuan in Sekinchan.

The Year Two pupil is now being treated at Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital in Klang. The girl is reported to be still traumatised.

The incident happened at 9pm on Saturday when the victim went to the ceremony with her sister and brother-in-law.

RELATED STORYGirl, 8, raped in toilet during wedding
Selangor Criminal Investigation Department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Adnan Abdullah said the victim went to the toilet near the canteen.

The brother-in-law took her to the toilet and waited for about 10 minutes. He then waited at the canteen but shortly, he heard a scream.

Adnan said the brother-in-law rushed to her aid and saw a man running naked from the toilet.

He shouted for help and several guests came to help detain the man.

Checks revealed the suspect in his 20s had served two jail terms - the first for 11/2 years and the second for two years -- for theft.

The man was last released from prison in 2006.

Situation is quite real, girls should really be careful and accompanied at all times.. I heard from one Singapore Uncle that his friend's daughter got robbed in JB 5 yrs back, till today she dare not go out of her flat, needs to see psychatrist... the trauma is apparently too much for a girl...

My dad has also been robbed before in 1980 in Singapore.. He says JB is as safe as Singapore in the late 70s.... Which means not safe.... Another local told me a Malaysian girl while being robbed, in panic jumped into a drain, hit her head against the concrete plank in the drain and died... Quite scary...

How do you guys converse from Singapore and JB everyday? How many hours do you guys spend on the road.. Must be very tiring... What is a typical day like?

Status
Not open for further replies.