• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly i dun think the Spore govt will have the guts and the courage to prevent Malaysian FTS.

From what i know.... even among FTS got difference.... at immigration. First preference is always for Malaysian FTs and then followed by Indonesian FTs and then the rest. Now dunno how far this is true.

But i guess because of linkages in culture/trade/tourism etc.... the govt wont come down heavily on the Malaysian FTs.

Just imagine if Malaysia retaliates.... I dun think Spore can take it. Especially since Spore plans to use Malaysia as an investment destination to propel itself.

Imagine Malaysia asking all Sporeans to leave.... They are a big country.... They wont lose much.... We got lot to lose...

One needs the land, the other need the money. Ah Bang-Ah Dik.... :biggrin:

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cant get rid of the Caterpillars leh.... The Neem spray does not seem to work on them. I dun wanna use anything that is not natural..

Small patch easier to prepare the ground/soil/change soil/plant/manure and water.

Wow! Big land also overcrowed now siah? I don't have land, just a patch, so must think of the patch outside also...:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cant get rid of the Caterpillars leh.... The Neem spray does not seem to work on them. I dun wanna use anything that is not natural..

Small patch easier to prepare the ground/soil/change soil/plant/manure and water.

Why must get rid of them? Its the very food that entice the birds to come to your garden. Get rid of them, get rid of the birds too. Its the food chain.....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah lah they will surely leave the malaysians alone.... Imagine all it takes is a few malaysian go back and criticise us.... Wah.... After that we cant even go in.... Remember the Mahathir days the anti-spore resentment amongst Malaysians.... Surely the spore govt wont want to go down that road again....

Those days many Singaporeans were scared to drive in...

One needs the land, the other need the money. Ah Bang-Ah Dik.... :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed thats what i had mentioned earlier if prices nosedive next election not even KBW will be shown the door as well...

Cause for most of Singaporeans HDB is their only asset which they can trade off in their old age and if that depreciates they have nothing..... Then all this talk of first world living will be bull shit.....

So its not about reducing prices of resale flats but its about making flats affordable to new owners.... especially for their first flat.....

Retirement village is around Desaru side.... Dunno the story though

IMHO, Singapore's property prices will not skyrocket any further for the time being, nor will they let it skydive. An adjustment of 10-15% is at best. Then gradual increase over the years. Singapore has limited land resources. Although they had temporarily thrown so many units into the market, they can't be doing it forever. Upward pressure has been there and will always be there. Unless the economy goes down the drain.

80% of Singaporeans stays in HDB flats. The whole chaos in this election is created by those kiasus who couldn't get themselves their first HDB flats. Fanned by politicians who pick it up as an arrow to shoot the current current government policies so as to score points for their own campaigns. Those that have already board the train will not want to see their single most precious assets depreciate. So if its price skydive, KBW will be in deep shit!

Btw, where is the retirement village that was mention sometime back? I thought should be annouced in May? Now already June?

PS: Its my personal point of view, you are entitled to yours!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious in your opinion and based on your experience which FTS are the least troublesome?

I mean which of the FTS are not so troublesome/keep home clean/kitchen clean etc?

I know the filipinas usually many of them stay in a room/condo.... so whats your take?

Bro AP, most of my FT tenents for the pass 10yrs had been doing so and they are open about it. Nobody wants to takes up citizenship. Their sole purposes here is to earn money money money. Then live like king in their own country. Starting from Malaysians to Chinese to phillipinos and now indians. They are all doing the same thing. That's why I learn early and am now following their foot steps. Just that I am a Singaporean. :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious in your opinion and based on your experience which FTS are the least troublesome?

I mean which of the FTS are not so troublesome/keep home clean/kitchen clean etc?

I know the filipinas usually many of them stay in a room/condo.... so whats your take?

Actually hor, don't shoot me hor, the chinese are the most dirty. Never rented to an indian though. I never get a clean chinese tenent b4. The rest depends on whether high profile or ordinary folks. But in general, I know you will be very proud, Malaysian tenents are more clean. And if standard starts lagging, at least when I nag, they understand where I'm coming from.

Last week was my malaysian chinese student's last day. As I had already moved to JB and not around to supervise, the student's parents, auntie, uncles all came to my house and had a party. On my living room aircon, cooked up a storm. Macam holiday resort. Couldn't be bordered to clean up the oily floor. There were beehoon on the floor at the dinner table. We found out because we went back to our house to get something and bumped into them.

But they are all the same. Needs constant supervision(nagging). Don't expect people to take care of your house. Its not their house.

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing against Malaysians.... but I had very bad experience renting units out to them...

My mum had a shop house when I was younger and so we all shifted to stay in the shophouse, and rented out the HDB unit to a group of Malaysians.

At the end of the 3 year tenure... I dun even dare to go into the toilet to pee...
Had to do a full renovation to get it into livable condition again...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing against Malaysians.... but I had very bad experience renting units out to them...

My mum had a shop house when I was younger and so we all shifted to stay in the shophouse, and rented out the HDB unit to a group of Malaysians.

At the end of the 3 year tenure... I dun even dare to go into the toilet to pee...

How about you hangyong? Care to share which ones are clean and which ones are not? Now it seems that those looking for rental houses in the market are mostly Indian families. Have you have any experience with them?

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about you hangyong? Care to share which ones are clean and which ones are not? Now it seems that those looking for rental houses in the market are mostly Indian families. Have you have any experience with them?

I have only rented a room in my flat to my ex classmate (who is a Malaysian), and she takes care of the place very well.
The other rental experience is what I mentioned above (my mum's case).

Indians... er... if its a family, I think its ok. But if its a group... stay far far away from me...

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
? Now it seems that those looking for rental houses in the market are mostly Indian families. Have you have any experience with them?

There are 2 types of indian, the north and the south, depending which you get, the result can be very different. Even PRC has the high class one but you seldom see them rent HDB.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

One thing with malaysians is that their father, mother, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, cousins, nephews, friends always like to come visit them and proberly stay for the night. If you don't charge them extra all will come. If you charge then less will come but still come. Best if you are not at home they will come secretly.

I don't get this from tenents from other countries.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing with malaysians is that their father, mother, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, cousins, nephews, friends always like to come visit them and proberly stay for the night. If you don't charge them extra all will come. If you charge then less will come but still come. Best if you are not at home they will come secretly.

I don't get this from tenents from other countries.

oh yes.. you are right.... but I meant for Indians, if Family I am ok.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think regarding indians what i heard and readvin the papers is that they cook a lot. Hence singaporeans who have done up their homes nicely usually dun rent to indians

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, horizonhills. Chances are you will be right. At RM1 million, it's still cheap by S'pore standards - only S$410,000, equivalent to the price of a 4 room HDB flat. Well, that will be good for all of us who have bought houses in Nusajaya. In 10 years' time, the price could go up to RM1.5 million, when Nusajaya is up and swinging. Again, still cheap by S'pore standards. I got texted by an agent in S'pore about 10 Shelford Road - 2 bedroom unit asking for S$1.7 million! 3 bedroom asking S$2.5 million. Crazy or what? How can anyone afford such prices? Only foreigners. Definitely beyond buying power of locals.

Dont get too carried away , always remember it is all about JB living . We are here for sweet and afforable living . I think it is wrong to use SG property as a reference point when we are talking about JB property , it is really very different market leh .
A more acurate reference point might be JB city or at best KL properties .

Status
Not open for further replies.