• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
And also where their parents bring them for holidays, how much pocket money they receive daily, how good they are in beating their friends computer games scores.....All very materialistic...

Thats why the need to pull them out of this materialistic world, at least they learn to appreciate simple things in life....

Yes... That is one reason I wan to move to jb where life is simpler...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its good to hear that Raffles university, on top of MDIS, is going to set up campus near East Ledang. This Friday, Najib will come to Singapore to meet PM LEE to disclose some new plans and developments for the IDR. Expect some good news my friends. Already, shares of UEM Land in Malaysia is going up this week in anticipation of the discussion. I suspect a really huge development is taking place. Lets wait till this Friday for the news. Regarding the safety of Sporeans in Iskandar, I can sense that the polis is making huge presence but every other day when I read the newspaper, murder, robberies, rape still happens in JB. Even with the huge polis presense, HIV needle robbers are making a rampant comeback.

I dont think I need to subject my daughters to this kind of risk. This is the main reason why I am still not convinced about staying in JB totally.

A break in occurred at Setia Indah last friday night and I am sure some of you may have know it. It was broadcasted in youtube. Please see below : -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2khZ9CxI-E

And I wish Informatics also goes that way too! :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... That is one reason I wan to move to jb where life is simpler...

In Singapore, my son will not want to go out with us. His mind is in the computer games. He will find all sorts of excuses not to. But in ST, if he doesn't goes out with us, he will have nothing to do except housework and homeworks. :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one at Plentong is TESCO EXTRA.

I used to visit that place from SETIA TROPIKA.

However the Pasir Gudang Hi-way is not very well maintained.

So now prefer Bukit Indah.

Oic :smile: Yes, I have seen similar purchases of good promo. A lady bought 4 big bags of XXL prawns on promo, definitely not for own consumption. It happens at Carrefour too, 10 trays of Eggs on promo.

Tesco has bulk purchase stores called Tesco Extra (more for small businesses to buy in bulk), but they are not in Johor.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah at Tuas its "if you are stuck.... tough luck" scenario.

Yes i have been stuck many times there before and its frustrating when you just move 2 car lengths in 10 minutes.

Yes as i mentioned before Causeway in the worst of scenarios is not more than an hour.

And the traffic keeps moving....

AP well there was no turning back even if i wanna u turn i couldnt. Try to imagine not movng for 10mins at time and when move its only about the length of 1 or 2 cars only. Spoilt our plans and mood! At worst at causeway its 1hr n cheaper not to mention nearer as I reside in the north. Traffic cam at causeway more reliable.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insurance is good business eh?

Alas we dun have the fire power or the $power to start one!

Insurance does help if carefully researched and bought.

The hordes of insurance agents do not do much to improve the image of insurance.

Wow! Avalon, you have so many policies from so my insurance co.

My hubby is not a believer of insurance and so I bought policies early in my life to cover for myself.
So you see? Insurance company lend you an umbrella on a sunny day and takes it back when it starts to rain. Money in another's pocket is as good as gone!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can ah.

The youngest one who is in Nursery has a bit of focussing issues due to her age.

But the others are fine.

Ofcourse they have a break in between the 2 tuitions (2 different tutors). An hours break..

Today was supposed to be 4 hours. Now one of the tutors texted me that she cant make it. So only 2 hours today.

Yeah they watched the Kungu Fu Panda show at Orchard Lido.

the kids liked it.

I dun like cartoon shows la. I always fall asleep inside the hall. So i have not gone with them for these sorta shows in a long while.

Professor, wow! 4 hrs of tuition is no joke. Can concentrate meh? my boy having remedial lessons in school. Afterwards I'll bring them out to run some errants, as well as to the library. Will let them roller blade in ST on Sunday.

Your kids going for 'Kungfu Panda' show? Me also planning to bring them on Saturday. Which cinema will you be bringing them to? Btw, do you go to cinemas in Johor? Is it safe? Good? I wonder how much is the cinema ticket over there!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of cinemas in Johor.

Ofcourse safe la.

Go to the one at JB City Square. Or you could also choose the one at Tebrau Jusco.

Both are good.

Ticket prices reasonable and slightly cheaper ofcourse.

I used to go earlier before i bought my property here.

Now no time already.... la

Listening to Lobo now here at STropika

Btw, do you go to cinemas in Johor? Is it safe? Good? I wonder how much is the cinema ticket over there!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mentioned several posts ago that the Causeway will remain the primary conduit between Spore and Malaysia.

And then many forummers said that it is so cause its cheap.

But i believed because of historical significance Causeway will never lose its importance.

Going by the EDL and CH linked to CIQ its all the more pertinent to note the uniqueness and importance of Causeway.

Cheap or not! CIQ will remain the primary mode of contact between the 2 nations.

Its not satisfying to note that you pay and then get stuck at Tuas cause the manpower is concentrated at CIQ right?

As to the horrendous jams at 2nd link compared to Causeway - the manpower of Imm/Customs/Polis are concentrated at Causeway, the main entry/exit point and the causeway is only 1.5km long.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sleep is extremely crucial for a childs overall development.

Some kids do not like to sleep.

Its essential to get them to sleep even when they dun wanna sleep.

Sufficient sleep enhances and maintains their immunity as well.

sis... I want to go that direction like you also... unfortunately... objection overruled by OC... haha
So I bring kids out on Saturday and Sunday and let them play all they want... but weekdays are kinda tiring for them... so I let them sleep as much as they want also..

Slowly lah.. slowly adjust OC's mindset to less KS.. :-P

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20081004-91554.html
For those always saying Singaporeans go across to the causeway to die.

Some other folks are saying in separate threads when they read about someone who died in a shopping centre in MY that Singaporeans are welcome to die after crossing the causeway as its cheaper, etc.

Then what about one who were hacked to death in Orchard Plaza in the early morning? Avoid Orchard road? Avoid lifts in Woodlands just because one bangla hacked his Indonesian lover to death and dragged her up to the water tank?

Again, crime happens everywhere, we need to take note, take the necessary precaution, be vigilant and most importantly not be controlled by it or by fear mongers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sleep is extremely crucial for a childs overall development.

Some kids do not like to sleep.

Its essential to get them to sleep even when they dun wanna sleep.

Sufficient sleep enhances and maintains their immunity as well.

Agreed AP, by the way, i read you bought at Nusa Duta as well? A learned friend of mine brought his friends to Nusa Duta on Sunday, found out that all of Nusa Duta Clusters has been sold out already.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember police and thief very well.

Another thing about our generation was we were good at inventing games.

We could just figure out games out of nothing.

Unfortunately i was not good at catching fish/climbing trees. My dad did not encourage me to mix much with the guys in my neighbourhood. End up i became a GEEK.

When my cousin from Washington came down to visit me in the 1980s he introduced the Ghost game to me. it was fun. Those days without gadgets.

A car with lights driven by potential energy was eye popping and the object of my adoration.

yes absolutely no gadgets then .

My dad bought a TV for us in the year 1982. Due to limited programming those days and ofcourse my dad not wanting me to become a TV addict TV watching was limited to English News and BBC shows.

Todays kids are a far cry from our generation.

They love to show of gadgets. They look down on those who cant afford or do not possess the expensive gadgets.

Eg... The kids have Iphone 3, yet they need the iphone 4. They have ipad. yet they need ipad2. Like their lives depended on it.

One of the rich kids i know has a couple of watches which are valued at close to 40k. Now this guy has a friend who is the son of an Indonesian tycoon and wears a limited edition watch which is about 50k to school (JC1).

And why did the father buy this for them? Cause the father exclaimed he did not know what else to buy

I think many of us here are of kampong generation where relaxation is about catching longkang fish, climbing fruit trees, playing police and thief and the thrill of breaking your opponent's marble etc.

Today's kids find relaxation in music, computer gadgets, almost anything that need to pay. Their thrill is about showing off the latest gadgets that they own or winning their opponent in electronic games.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Source from Sammyboy, original source CNA:

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?94387-Raffles-Education-to-set-up-uni-in-matland!!

SINGAPORE : Raffles Education Corp, through its whole-owned Malaysian subsidiary, has signed a joint venture agreement with Education@Iskandar to establish Raffles University Iskandar in Malaysia's southern state of Johor.

The self-accrediting university will begin operations in October this year out of its leased premises at Kota Raya, Johor Bahru, while its permanent campus in EduCity@Iskandar is being built.

The 65-acre multi-facility campus is expected to be ready by 2013.

The school will join several other educational institutions in Malaysia's southern development corridor, such as the Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, the Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology, and the University of Southampton Malaysia Campus.

The new university will be 80 per cent held by Raffles Education Corp and 20 per cent by Education Iskandar, which will be responsible for the development and operations of the university.

Both companies will put in approximately S$82 million into the project.

The school is expected to enrol up to 5,000 students in its first five years of operations.

It will initially provide undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in three faculties - Business, Design & Art, and Education & Social Sciences.

Two more faculties - Health Sciences and Technology - will be added later.

Raffles Education Corp is the largest private education provider in the Asia-Pacific region.

- CNA/al

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple of kids in Jc i know who carry several thousand bucks with them in their wallets.

And ofcourse they experiement with everything that is forbidden in the quest for happiness

And also where their parents bring them for holidays, how much pocket money they receive daily, how good they are in beating their friends computer games scores.....All very materialistic...

Thats why the need to pull them out of this materialistic world, at least they learn to appreciate simple things in life....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
No bro. I only one property in Johor at S Tropika

my wife does not allow me a second investment here.

What to do?

Agreed AP, by the way, i read you bought at Nusa Duta as well? A learned friend of mine brought his friends to Nusa Duta on Sunday, found out that all of Nusa Duta Clusters has been sold out already.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morning so hot at Setia Tropika. Then now the weather so nice and blissful.

what transformation.

The pitter patter of the rain is intoxicating.

Reminds me of my childhood....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Alamak... Bring back so much memory now...

I... Need... To... Change... My... Children's... Mindset...

Yes, things were not so clean, not so safe back then but man we had fun!!!
Being in JB, allows my dad and me to go back to the good old days, he can
fly his kites any time he wants.

I haven't been able to go fishing much though, heard at some of the jetties here, only 20 RM to be dropped off at the 2nd link bridge and they bring you back at an appointed time.

By the way, Prof, are you planning to enrol your kids in any schools here?
For nursery ages, there are options for preschool, heard Julia Gabriel, Cherie Hearts and Eton House are expanding here as well.
So far, i have seen quite a few Cherie Hearts, at Sutera Mall, Austin Heights, one at Setia and another near HH, Bukit Indah area.

Status
Not open for further replies.