• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Morning so hot at Setia Tropika. Then now the weather so nice and blissful.

what transformation.

The pitter patter of the rain is intoxicating.

Reminds me of my childhood....

Same over here, now its looking so serene here although the rain hasn't reached here yet. Can still see SG in the far distance.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No bro. I only one property in Johor at S Tropika

my wife does not allow me a second investment here.

What to do?

Oh i must have mixed up what you wrote with another bros one then. Understand, sometimes they know best, other times, they act as the safety net i guess. Mine at first was sceptical too but by the 2nd one, she was exhorting me on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
How to go Sutera mall from Woodlands check point ? I like to go there ....

If its causeway, very straightforward. after u exit CIQ, follow the Skudai sign and go straight all the way, until u reach a T junction at the coastline. Here, u turn right and go all the way straight again, following the Skudai sign (try to stay in the middle lane or u may be forced to filter out, the roads there are a bit different). After a 15-20mins drive, u should see a giant Taman Sutera concrete sign on your left. Make a left turn here. Once u turn in, drive for a couple of mins more and u will see Sutera Mall on your right, definitely won't miss it. Main thing is to keep a lookout for the Taman Sutera concrete sign la...its hard to miss.

Source: From another forum:
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2635312&st=80

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In Singapore, my son will not want to go out with us. His mind is in the computer games. He will find all sorts of excuses not to. But in ST, if he doesn't goes out with us, he will have nothing to do except housework and homeworks. :biggrin:

Kids these days do not know the true meaning of being happy and what life is all about. I wanted my kids to know what a chicken looks like and not what one of my learned friends kids drew of a chicken, packed in a vaccum bag in a grocery store. Oh chickens are born there and we take them from there when their teacher asked them where do they normally see chickens? How about eggs? Oh supermarket too. Fish? Supermarket as well. Its like kids are treating supermarkets/hypermarkets as zoos these days.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I wonder if this place is with a gated and guarded precinct?

Permas Jaya is not g&g. From what i know about that area, very few are if at all. I wouldn't go to that area much except for the Jusco there. They also have lots of bank branches nearby there though. Still remembered one time good though, my wife was asleep in my car as we were driving back and we were stuck for 20 minutes on a bridge over the sea. We heard the sound of a ships foghorn and my wife woke up, "where are we?" she asked sleepily, i said over the sea. She didn't believed me and looked out over the window and saw the sea. That was one of the ways we always make lemonade out of lemons. We appreciate what we see at the present and make the best of things. Still remembered one of the few times we got stuck at the Causeway, she took her cameras and took pictures of the Sunset. Breathtaking view.

Bros, by the way, do put your vehicles in P or N (for cars with autogear transmissionwhen stopping for long or being stuck in traffic. Helps you save fuel.

Also noticed something very important, just to share. We noticed (my learned relative actually first discovered) that when going back towards the 2nd link, they do not care if you put in your cashcard if you are going back to SG. Maybe they may scap this later on?

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids these days do not know the true meaning of being happy and what life is all about. I wanted my kids to know what a chicken looks like and not what one of my learned friends kids drew of a chicken, packed in a vaccum bag in a grocery store. Oh chickens are born there and we take them from there when their teacher asked them where do they normally see chickens? How about eggs? Oh supermarket too. Fish? Supermarket as well. Its like kids are treating supermarkets/hypermarkets as zoos these days.

I expose my kids to many farm trips when they were much younger and until today, we still like visiting farms occasionally. So I have got over that hurdle; at least my kids do not draw a KFC drumstick as chicken !!! I believe with some effort kids can be exposed to such farm animals even in Singapore especially the western part where farms in small scale still exist.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic :smile: Yes, I have seen similar purchases of good promo. A lady bought 4 big bags of XXL prawns on promo, definitely not for own consumption. It happens at Carrefour too, 10 trays of Eggs on promo.

Tesco has bulk purchase stores called Tesco Extra (more for small businesses to buy in bulk), but they are not in Johor.

There is one at Plentong. Btw, if my kid were to attend a pre-school here, will he have problem when P1 enrolment in sin?

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also noticed something very important, just to share. We noticed (my learned relative actually first discovered) that when going back towards the 2nd link, they do not care if you put in your cashcard if you are going back to SG. Maybe they may scap this later on?

Now , you remind me about last weekend coming back by causeway , i was not require to pay toll at m'sia and no cash card deduction also. Why ?

Meng968

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what i found when i do a search at CPF website

Singaporeans and Permanent Residents will be offered ElderShield coverage through invitation packages sent by post to them by an assigned insurer 3 months before their 40th birthday. Members who do not wish to be covered under the ElderShield Scheme need to complete the opt-out form in the ElderShield package and send it back to the assigned insurer.

Alternatively, members may write in to the insurer indicating their wish to opt out. Their names and NRIC numbers should be indicated clearly and they should personally sign the letters instructing the insurer to opt them out of ElderShield.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes.. the Bei Jing Lou serves very delicious chinese cusine. I've been there a couple of times in fact my family & relatives loves it there. I make it a point to bring friends to enjoy some china if they come to visit me (when my family shift in to HH). About cathay resturant in HH, i heard that it's not bad too but ve not try out yet... seems like also a hot spot for wedding dinners...

Cheers...

Ok, will try someday.
I was recommended Grand Straits Garden Seafood Restaurant at Danga Bay (next to Danga View Apartment and Auto Bavaria Showroom / Service Centre) Also has space for wedding banquet.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by Skippy
Oh yes.. the Bei Jing Lou serves very delicious chinese cusine. I've been there a couple of times in fact my family & relatives loves it there. I make it a point to bring friends to enjoy some china if they come to visit me (when my family shift in to HH). About cathay resturant in HH, i heard that it's not bad too but ve not try out yet... seems like also a hot spot for wedding dinners...

Cheers...

Hi Skippy, i have tried both, both are good in their own way, a friend of mine will be going to have his wedding dinner at Beijing Lou. Always very crowded on the weekends. Still remembered their fried rice in cocktail glasses. The Cathay one is also nice.

Meng968

Alfrescian
Loyal
Source from CNBC
http://www.cnbc.com/id/43214691

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian households using the most electricity will have to pay higher utility rates starting in June.

Energy Minister Peter Chin said Monday that about 25 percent of all residential customers — those consuming the most electricity — will face an average increase of 7 percent in their electric bill. Rates will remain unchanged for the remaining households.

The announcement comes despite concerns that inflation could spark anger against Prime Minister Najib Razak's ruling coalition ahead of national elections expected within a year.

Malaysian officials have estimated that subsidies for gasoline and other necessities could hit about 20 billion ringgit ($6 billion) this year amid high global prices.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
If its causeway, very straightforward. after u exit CIQ, follow the Skudai sign and go straight all the way, until u reach a T junction at the coastline. Here, u turn right and go all the way straight again, following the Skudai sign (try to stay in the middle lane or u may be forced to filter out, the roads there are a bit different). After a 15-20mins drive, u should see a giant Taman Sutera concrete sign on your left. Make a left turn here. Once u turn in, drive for a couple of mins more and u will see Sutera Mall on your right, definitely won't miss it. Main thing is to keep a lookout for the Taman Sutera concrete sign la...its hard to miss.

Source: From another forum:
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2635312&st=80

Thanks Wuqi.

prince5325

About Angel Overseas
Angel Overseas Consultants specializes exclusively in U.K. Immigration and Nationality Law matters.
Mr, Atit Mehta is Solicitors in Willesden, London, United Kingdom. He is handle All the Cases In Angel Overseas.
Our Aim is to Represents some of the best colleges and universities in the UK, USA, Europe, Australia and Canada. Our aim is to provide you with a platform and actualize your aspiration of studying and immigrating in UK, USA, Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.

Type Of Services:-

• UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia Student Visa.
• UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore Visitor Visa.
• UK-320 Refusal case Solve.
• Financial Help.
• Rejected cases are handled successfully

Specific Services:-

Immigration appeals, Visitor visa , HSMP ,Tier 1 visa applications General, Investor and Entrepreneur , Work permit Tier-2 applications ,Student visa Tier 4 admissions and extensions , Tier-4 applications , settlement/spouse/partner/dependents visa applications.

Angel Overseas
307,Sarthak Complex-1 ,
B/H,Golden Time ,
Swastik Cross Road
C.G.Road,Ahmedabad.
Gujarat,India.
[email protected]

http://www.angeloverseas.com/

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks mate

This is what i found when i do a search at CPF website

Singaporeans and Permanent Residents will be offered ElderShield coverage through invitation packages sent by post to them by an assigned insurer 3 months before their 40th birthday. Members who do not wish to be covered under the ElderShield Scheme need to complete the opt-out form in the ElderShield package and send it back to the assigned insurer.

Alternatively, members may write in to the insurer indicating their wish to opt out. Their names and NRIC numbers should be indicated clearly and they should personally sign the letters instructing the insurer to opt them out of ElderShield.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smart strategy.

I grew up with this strategy.

By this the government ensures the poor r not affected since they use electricity as a basic necessity.

My mum used to ask me track the usage of electricity to ensure that we did not exceed the basic tier.

Not about affordability though. She just cant see me wasting electricity to this day.

I cant live in darkness. I think its badluck. So i leave all lights on. Even now i get a mouthful from her

Source from CNBC

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian households using the most electricity will have to pay higher utility rates starting in June.

Energy Minister Peter Chin said Monday that about 25 percent of all residential customers — those consuming the most electricity — will face an average increase of 7 percent in their electric bill. Rates will remain unchanged for the remaining households.

The announcement comes despite concerns that inflation could spark anger against Prime Minister Najib Razak's ruling coalition ahead of national elections expected within a year.

Malaysian officials have estimated that subsidies for gasoline and other necessities could hit about 20 billion ringgit ($6 billion) this year amid high global prices.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy macs by end of year hopefully.

Btw u veg.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Woh! nice to hear that bro AP. Veg also can have pancakes, corns, ice-creams, french fries..... btw, worst come to worst, if the children insist, just tell them you vegetarian and you do not wish to have the meat patties in your burgers. They do special order for vegetarians. Extra veges in Singapore MacDonalds.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Source from CNBC

Petrol increase, electricity increase, sugar prices increase, fresh veg increased by 30% on the news today....what next? Very soon, after conversion, will be at par with Singapore liao. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.