• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by Skippy
Oh yes.. the Bei Jing Lou serves very delicious chinese cusine. I've been there a couple of times in fact my family & relatives loves it there. I make it a point to bring friends to enjoy some china if they come to visit me (when my family shift in to HH). About cathay resturant in HH, i heard that it's not bad too but ve not try out yet... seems like also a hot spot for wedding dinners...

Cheers...

Hi Skippy, i have tried both, both are good in their own way, a friend of mine will be going to have his wedding dinner at Beijing Lou. Always very crowded on the weekends. Still remembered their fried rice in cocktail glasses. The Cathay one is also nice.

I wonder if there will come a day when Singaporeans choose to throw their wedding dinner at JB instead since it is getting so expensive to throw wedding dinners here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I wonder if there will come a day when Singaporeans choose to throw their wedding dinner at JB instead since it is getting so expensive to throw wedding dinners here.

Thats a smashing idea. Only with competition would folks buck up.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi no.... I am no good at handling plants:o:o.

I love nature thats a different story.

But one thing is for sure I am 1000% better than my maid at handling plants.

Initially I left the gardening to her. Oh what a mess! Now the plants are slowly but surely springing to life.

Its a lot of effort on my side.

Can you believe it i gotta teach her how to plant a sappling? She comes from a farmers family. They have land too!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No bro Wuqi, I dun think my wife will be ever agreeable with that idea!

Getting her to live in JB itself is a huge victory for me.

As a result i have to handle all her Data & Telecommunication issues.

Now the house in JB although not fully completed is really comfortable.

I enjoy my stays there.

But well gotta listen to her too!

Understood, different things work for different people. I am lucky that my wife is the more daring type(she flew herself imprompto with the money i sent her to SF, then flew in my parents, sister and kids there as well for a trip)
Back where we lived, both of us learned to shoot a variety of guns so that she is always prepared and can protect her (and me if need be!) :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple things in life can give you loads of happiness.

You wont believe what i saw last night.

I reached my home about 1150pm thereabouts after my kids were done with their tuition.

They kicked up a big ruckus playing in the carporch area till about 1245. I had to repeatedly warn them to lower their volume lest neighbours think we are being inconsiderate.

One of the games they played..... Brick laying....

Guess where they picked this one from?

Ofcourse from the precint behind mine where so much construction activity has been going on for the last one year. They have seen the laying of bricks, plastering, painting, bulldozing, cranes lifting cement concrete etc.

They were trying to emulate the brick laying last night... Ha ha...

Worse they were trying to get it right and straight... Made me laugh but i did not wanna stop them. They were doing it as a team.

Yes... That is one reason I wan to move to jb where life is simpler...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
simple things in life can give you loads of happiness.
They were trying to emulate the brick laying last night... Ha ha...
Worse they were trying to get it right and straight... Made me laugh but i did not wanna stop them. They were doing it as a team.

Sounds like you are getting your kids learning the right way, well done. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Was at the Plentong Tesco Extra this afternoon.

Somethings available and some others not available.

Every trip there is a bonus to us as its pretty far out, we would always squeeze in a side trip to the Plentong Giant as well to look at their curtains, the Indonesian decoration items for sale deep inside and also there is a pet store there. Its always interesting walking the bridge to the Giant and seeing that old stone buaya down there.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can see Spore from HH ah? Wah... nice eh....

Today was a pretty nice and serene day after the early morning blast from the sun.

The rest of the day was really nice.

Same over here, now its looking so serene here although the rain hasn't reached here yet. Can still see SG in the far distance.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think its the H pylori bacteria.
You are one of the lucky few who have this bacteria and easily treated by antibiotics.
But for many ulcer is caused by acidity (corrosive gastritis) which does not have a cure... Just medicines to contain the acidity.

Will see if years to come if I am cured permanently or will suffer another relapse.. (cross fingers & toes)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi no.... I am no good at handling plants:o:o.

I love nature thats a different story.

But one thing is for sure I am 1000% better than my maid at handling plants.

Initially I left the gardening to her. Oh what a mess! Now the plants are slowly but surely springing to life.

Its a lot of effort on my side.

Can you believe it i gotta teach her how to plant a sappling? She comes from a farmers family. They have land too!

Maybe she was handling different crops? Our maid is super hardworking, very happy with her. We got a lot of good staff too but a few bad ones as well.
New hires especially are pretty hard to hire here, some complain about the long distance, some about the pay even though we were paying 25% above
market rate so the old complaint about Singaporeans being choosy isn't always true as this is pretty universal.

We got one girl who asked for 1500, we gave her 1800 and she still wasn't happy, in the end, we tried calling her to offer 2k but nothing back from her after that. Then another never showed up for first day of work, yet another just quit after 5 days as she said our office too far even though we gave her 250 RM extra for transport.

Being a boss isn't easy, being a good, humane and understanding boss even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.