• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky i never cut down the MBJB tree or whoever planted that tree.

It started flowering already.

Surprisingly only my tree is flowering though all of us around here in my precint have the same tree (or atleast most of us)

Wow! Professor, it must have been due to your extra care? You really have green finger. :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sitting at Monsta Cafe now.

Wanted to visit Station One. But my kids juz wont allow me

By the, do you know when is the McDonald at ST opening? Care to check it out? Thanks in advance.

Btw, Professor, I saw something like a bus-stop being build in front of the government building. Opposite the shop houses. Hopefully it will bring in the much needed human traffic. Madam Leong vegetarian will be the main benefector. Yay! :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since most of us here are in JB for a good part of the time, perhaps its time to re-look at this option as I understand that certain insurance co/polices do extend the coverage for overseas treatment. With the promising medical facilities coming up in Iskandar, this should be a very important option.

Yes, its about time we relook into our insurance coverage. Especially those of us who are thinking of retiring in JB. Insurance should include coverage for oversea hospital too.

Will appreciate if you could post your findings here. Thanks in advance for sharing with us. :wink:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm.....

The Rm 3 Plan from Digi works fantastic for me. Again i am no Digi Sales man. Huhu.

I am just enjoying this cheap service.

I am using my Galaxy tab as a modem and ofcourse now i have some sort of a Wi Fi at home.

So my wife and I can log in and use the Rm 3??

Sounds cool eh.

Tell you honestly the Digi Rm 3 service is better than my M1 postpaid 3g data plan.

I was with Maxis Wireless Broadband for 1.5mth and decided to switch to Digi Discover Day Plan for Rm 38 /mth 3GB. Still trying out the speed. It is more for use when running about.
At home, I use the P1 plan.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sat jam was bad at Tuas, stuck about 2+ hours around 6pm,
Sun also jam badly at causeway , another 2+ hours around 5pm .
Both occasions it is Malaysia side, they ought to improve this condition if they are serious about investment from Singapore side.
Whatever peace and relaxation plan was dashed after sitting throught a 2 hours plus of jam! :-(

In this condition, Nusajaya is only good for retirees.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! I wish I have birds visiting my house. Home in Tampines, I also have birds of different types coming into my house. Sometime they fly in from the left side of the living room, and fly out from the right. Haven't seen any birds flying into my house in ST yet.

Now I'm going back to ST liao.

Yes, I also enjoyed watching the butterflies when flowers bloom and birds that visit after weeds are pulled in HH. In fact I once saw a hornbill flew across my hse in HH. Such simple nature simply therapeutic to the mind.

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the only choice.

Sometimes its just the kick of visiting the market.

But then the pro about hypermarket is that you generally get everything under one roof.

Hence i love to shop at the Bukit Indah area cause you have TESCO, Jusco and Giant in close proximity.

I first head to TESCO (my fav) and then onwards to Jusco if necessary.

Giant a last resort.

Tesco is currently my fav, followed by Carrefour. Less of Giant and Jusco.

Visiting market for the buzz and for a change too.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still have not settle down well in ST. There are tonnes of things to pack and unpack. Not enough cabinets and cupboards to store my things. For the pass Sundays I have be washing cleaning packing. My tenents have not fully moved out of my flats. So weekdays I'm here to clean and clean, weekends I'm in ST to clean and clean too. I'm so tired!

I planted 1 onion on my gardening patch. It feels nice to know that I will have spring onions ready for cooking next week. :P I also planted a potato yesterday. Wondering how many potatos I will get in the end. Anyone into organic planting? Am also thinking of planting ginger, carrots and some sweet potatos. Can share with me how many of those will I get if I planted 1 of them each? Or is it plant 1 get 1? How about its time frame?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
we must keep highlighting crimes in JB so that we can help one another from becoming the target of crimes. Seriously, ever since the 6am Bukit Indah Jusco kidnapping and robbery, I was quite afraid when driving past at 6am in the morning as now I know that anyone ( not only those rich car owners ) can be kidnapped or robbed. The victim is just an admin girl working in Singapore driving a normal sedan.. Really makes me wonder if I am that safe driving a Singapore-registered car at 5-6am in the morning sometimes.

Agreed though we shouldn't dwell on it to the extent that we get controlled by fear. The gunman shooting was clearly a hit crime, hit crimes can happen everywhere, the one eye dragon guy was one and he escaped to Malaysia and was apprehended there. There was even a contractor caught in SG with a loaded .45 colt pistol in Ang Mo Kio, i am not going to avoid Ang Mo Kio because of that. I will be more careful and take extra care but thats about it.

There are facts about the 6am case that i found strange, if this can happen at Bukit Indah area, it points to something more planned rather than something done at the spur of the moment. The actual amount drew out at the atm may be played down to avoid drawing "further attention" Like a learned friend of mine who has both houses in EL and HH told me, if this can happen in busy Bukit Indah, Gelang Patah and even areas around EL he will be more careful as there was an Indian businessman who was shot there and robbed of his suitcase a couple of years back.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I still have not settle down well in ST. There are tonnes of things to pack and unpack. Not enough cabinets and cupboards to store my things. For the pass Sundays I have be washing cleaning packing. My tenents have not fully moved out of my flats. So weekdays I'm here to clean and clean, weekends I'm in ST to clean and clean too. I'm so tired!

I planted 1 onion on my gardening patch. It feels nice to know that I will have spring onions ready for cooking next week. :P I also planted a potato yesterday. Wondering how many potatos I will get in the end. Anyone into organic planting? Am also thinking of planting ginger, carrots and some sweet potatos. Can share with me how many of those will I get if I planted 1 of them each? Or is it plant 1 get 1? How about its time frame?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Hey Cathylmg, i suspect AP would be better equipped to advise on growing stuff. It would take a while to settle down, do it slowly and as a work in progress rather than put a firm date on it. If you must, give yourself 6 months as a target(if you don't have a fixed deadline), things will slowly and surely fall in place.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you bro. The Jams at 2nd link are horrendous to say the least. That is on those occassions they occur.

I avoid CIQ to escape the Jams and then i get stuck at Tuas. Apart from travelling the longer distance, have to get roasted out there in the hot sun.

The jams at CIQ are tolerable in the sense they atleast move. My wife and i are able to get past the bumper-bumper traffic at CIQ in about an hours time.

At TUAS its unpredictable, even if there are only 50 cars ahead of you. To put it differently at Tuas "IF there are 2 lanes its fine. If there are 3 lanes as you approach and you see a 4th lane forming in the lorry/bus lane you are doomed for 2+ hours"

Thats what happened to me on Saturday last. I was stuck there for more than 2 hours.

Ur absolutely right in calling them Tsunami jam(s).

School holidays got more jams ah? I thought long school hols the jams would be muted!

The traffic snarls at the Linkways is what prevents me from shifting to Johore completely. I would love to shift to Johore as i really am in love with the place. But they really need to do something about the disastrous traffic situations.

Other bros here may wanna use more diplomatic/polite words. To me id rather express it the way i face it.

You have a nice objective regarding JB purely to invest.

I hate it when there are jams at Tuas. Cos the jams are usually so serious that my car literally WOULD not move sometimes for 5 minutes and imagine there are 200 cars in front of you. A few times I was caught in the Tsunami jams at 2nd link, it took me 4 hours to clear. Serious. No joke. Now with the school holidays, I expect more jams to follow for another 1 month at least! This is one of the reason why I am not staying in JB after my kid is of schooling-going age, as I dont want to stress them with the horrific traffic. The bottomline is: Is there a need? For me, no need as I can simply rent out my units at Nusajaya, take the money and live in Singapore. Afterall, my objective when I enter JB is to buy and invest in properties.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro ia gree that we must constantly highlight crimes even if they are small. For the moment the Johor economy (closer to Spore) thrives essentially on Spore investments. So they definitely need to realise that they need to make us feel welcome and safe. OFcourse we came here with our eyes wide open. With our eyes wide open we also travel to "
"Vietnam/Thailand/Philippines/Cambodia/Laos/Indonesia" etc.

But atleast in these countries we are not sitting ducks waiting to be brutally shot at right?

Unfortunately in Johor there are people waiting to target us whoever they may be. It is the problem of the Johor State Government and the local district administration to make Johor a safe place for all.

U r definitely not safe in Johor cause these guys are waiting out there to mug you. Forummers have asked for restraint. The way i look at it is "Restraint is fine since it did not happen to you but happened to others" This is typical singaporean mentality.

Its your life and your limbs. We gotta do something about it.

we must keep highlighting crimes in JB so that we can help one another from becoming the target of crimes. Seriously, ever since the 6am Bukit Indah Jusco kidnapping and robbery, I was quite afraid when driving past at 6am in the morning as now I know that anyone ( not only those rich car owners ) can be kidnapped or robbed. The victim is just an admin girl working in Singapore driving a normal sedan.. Really makes me wonder if I am that safe driving a Singapore-registered car at 5-6am in the morning sometimes.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
East Ledang = Mouth watering investment !

Not many people discuss about East Ledang here. I was there on a visit on Sunday. Talked to a few residents who are currently living there. Saw one Mit Outlander parked outside a completed Twin villas and found that the owner is an ang mo engineer from Legoland. New castle professors are moving in as well and I was told the average rental for Semis is easily RM 8000.

Imagine they buy semi ds at RM 700+K and now they can sell at RM 1.2 million or rent at rm8000. No wonder East Ledang is ALWAYS SELL OUT!!!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la no green finger.:o:o

But definitely i am better than my maid. I asked my maid to replant a papaya sappling. You know what she did? She yanked out the sappling with brute force.

My goodness.

I then had to nurse it back. Its still in a vegetative state.

Fortunately i am not a fan of papaya.

Wow! Professor, it must have been due to your extra care? You really have green finger. :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though a tad expensive it would be a great idea to have a singapore local insurance and another malaysia local insurance.

Yes, its about time we relook into our insurance coverage. Especially those of us who are thinking of retiring in JB. Insurance should include coverage for oversea hospital too.

Will appreciate if you could post your findings here. Thanks in advance for sharing with us. :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
For starters this is not bad

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/Travel/premium.asp

However look forward to other suggestions as well example exclusive medical coverage overseas Maybe dun need the other frills offered.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dislike it when the school arranges activities on holidays be it remedial or camps or whatever.

To me holidays are meant to be just that "holidays". During this period its for the parents to decide how productively they want their children to spend their holidays.

I am planning to exclude my kids from remedials and CCAs. Pure waste of time and its so difficult to plan their time.

I think in Singapore we have taken CCAs to ridiculous levels. In secondary school children come back so late on 3 out of 5 days. What kind of CCA is that? CCA turns into active pursuit of competition.

I dun need the additional 2 points for my child for O levels. i rather my kid stay at home and rest those extra hours. So that my child can still study a lil bit on those 3 out of 5 days.

If however you have exceptional talent please pursue your CCA by all means otherwise dun just follow what MOE says and waste 3 days out of 5 days in a week. Thats a lot of productive time wasted.

Remedials are another waste of time where the teachers do not spend time with individual kids. So the child still does not improve. So whats the point with the remedials?

Not really Professor. This week whole week son having remedial lessons. Last week whole week daughter having remedial lesson. Half day gone. Still gotta cross the boarder daily due to red plated car.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The P1 claims to be 4G right.

Is it really 4G?

Which area do you stay in?

The Discover Day Plan is only for the day right?

I was with Maxis Wireless Broadband for 1.5mth and decided to switch to Digi Discover Day Plan for Rm 38 /mth 3GB. Still trying out the speed. It is more for use when running about.
At home, I use the P1 plan.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have described it aptly bro!

Well said!!

Sat jam was bad at Tuas, stuck about 2+ hours around 6pm,
Sun also jam badly at causeway , another 2+ hours around 5pm .
Both occasions it is Malaysia side, they ought to improve this condition if they are serious about investment from Singapore side.
Whatever peace and relaxation plan was dashed after sitting throught a 2 hours plus of jam! :-(

In this condition, Nusajaya is only good for retirees.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to figure out the "birds will visit after weeds are pulled". I am not a great Bio student. I hated Bio more because of my teachers.

So i asked my wife to explain the above within quotes. Now i understand.

No butterflies yet. Still waiting.

My bio sucks... I dun even know the names of insects/birds. My kids are better than me.

Yes, I also enjoyed watching the butterflies when flowers bloom and birds that visit after weeds are pulled in HH. In fact I once saw a hornbill flew across my hse in HH. Such simple nature simply therapeutic to the mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.