• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was checkin the camera as well.

The jam at Causeway was horrifying

Strong feeling its the pay day syndrome

so here i am sittin at Monsta Cafe

in a while il leave via 2nd link as well

i was monitoring the skycam earlier trying to find the right time to get home. damn the heavy traffic so i switched to 2nd link instead. breezed home pretty promptly within 1 hour despite the much longer journey. the causeway is still bumper to bumper traffic for now. urgh i cannot wait to shift over closer to the 2nd link.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea mate really late.

Would have stayed over here at Setia Tropika but the kids going Universal Studios tomorrow.

So no choice must return now.

But im not a fan of disneyland/universal etc

so my wifey bringin them

im gonna rest

Ap whoa so late?! have a good weekend ahead, same to all forummers here =)

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is as long as we are working, we don't need to use/activate Medishield as we have our company's insurance to cover us. However, once we retire at 65, the Medishield stops coverage too. So in another word, we are paying for something we won't need as long as we are working and when you need it the most, we don't have it unlike civil servants and family are covered till death. This is so unfair.

But I guess we can continue the enhanced medishield products from private insurrers though its premiums are escalated with increasing age bands.
The other issue is payments from medisave capped at 800 per policy per yr so need cash top up..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree with you on this. Always told my kids that we will provide them with all the education they want and nothing else, No need for them to repay us with monthly allowance in future (don't want to burden them) and the best they can do for their parents is to live a life where their parents don't have to worry.

Whatever gifts we are planning, we don't want them to know.

Seen a few rich kids growing up not driven with the mentality of 'extending their hands out' when they go out even though they are already working or not at all. Sitting around waiting for inheritance. So sad.

Actually, its good to let them know its expected for them to provide a nominal allowance to parents when they start working so it builds on the concept of filial piety.. parents can always save up or invest, at later stage if they need to get married or buy housing, can reaching into this "sinking fund" haha

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope i am not wrong. But medishield details are at the link below.

My honest opinion medishield offers basic coverage.

Insufficient and basic tied to class b2/c within additional limits imposed ob policy annuallimits and lifetime limits.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcfinancing.aspx?id=334

Bro, basic medishield is insufficient for most pple expectations..
Top up with private insurrers product..
AIA - Healthshield
Prudential- PruShield
GE- SupremeShield
Aviva - MyShield
NTUC- Incomeshield etc..

Me did quite some research in past so gotta know them.. currently with Aviva myshield as it provides free coverage for the children up to age 20 if both parents covered.. Only downside is that even with the myshield plus rider, the annual deductible capped at 3k still has to be paid the issured.

However bot NTUC enhanced shield for my mum & premium has increased twice over last 3 yrs. (similar to motor insurrance case where claims resulting in increasing premiums)

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgotten that he has a fat pay cheque and he can just cover himself with as much insurance as he wants for himself. :smile:

Shd be covered by civil service medical scheme.. similar for companies where staff has a "medical card" to relief out oif pocket payments..

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a friend living in LH: Free baby rabbits to a loving home

Contact Mrs Kok: [email protected]
We have 4 baby rabbits, just 4 weeks old now, that should be ready for adoption in a couple of weeks' time.
Owner must be committed to daily care-giving :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the only choice.

Sometimes its just the kick of visiting the market.

But then the pro about hypermarket is that you generally get everything under one roof.

Hence i love to shop at the Bukit Indah area cause you have TESCO, Jusco and Giant in close proximity.

I first head to TESCO (my fav) and then onwards to Jusco if necessary.

Giant a last resort.

Er, can buy from fixed price places such as hypermart. Just one option.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to use *116# to get the promotional rate of Rm3.

If however the signal strength is good in your area go for it.

Buy a prepaid line and try it out to test the signal strength.

I think as mentioned by Wuqi Celcom/Maxis are best for NJ side atleast for the moment

So will not be useful for me in SEG? was thinking of signing up in future..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you guys on this one.

Medishield from what i know is tied to class B2/C wards. I am not sure how many of us are comfortable visiting B2/C wards. Secondly the annual limit for Medisave is about 50k and lifetime limit 200k.

In B2/C wards generally you get trainee doctors operating on you. They can make a hash of the whole process as well since they do not have the experience.

You will be extremely lucky to get a Senior Consultant/Consultant to operate on you at these charges.

The other disastrous issue is whereby the premiums are capped at S$ 800 for CPF usage. The anamoly with this is if you have an elderly person at home then this entire amount is sometimes insufficient to cover the elderly person. Which means then, to cover yourself and your family including your kids you gotta do a cash top up.

Since Medishield is really insufficient, many years back i read up on all the service providers out there in the market and figured that the one offered by Income is still the cheapest with wide coverage.

So i got my kids onto the Preferred plan of Enhanced Incomeshield.

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/EnhancedShield/coverage.asp

Remember one ailment is all it takes before the insurance guys make that an exclusion.

1) Eg if you are taking amlodipine you will have all conditions related to heart and circulation excluded.

Hence its best to subscribe to insurance when you are fully fit. Children do not realise the importance of insurance in their prime 20-35 and so when problems arise later on the insurance providers begin to make exclusions making your policy virtually useless.

So get on it as soon as possible.

Now i dun work for INCOME/nor am i a sales agent for Income.

From my limited knowledge and understanding this is possibly the best in terms of coverage and price.

OFcourse its good for most of us out here though some may still argue that annual limit/lifetime limits are not sufficient.

In such cases judicious use of ward/class will help extend your annual limit/lifetime limit.

If anyone has information of better service providers in terms of coverage/premiums i would love to make a comparison.

But I guess we can continue the enhanced medishield products from private insurrers though its premiums are escalated with increasing age bands.
The other issue is payments from medisave capped at 800 per policy per yr so need cash top up..

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we are on the subject of medical insurance, it will be good to check if the policies cover costs of medical treatment and hospitalisation incurred overseas.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental + accumulation of asset.

Definitely neat. But how to find a decent place to invest?

That is why my wife does not allow me to make a second investment in Johore.

Rental property is still the best investment instrument. Think of it. You can buy a $200k property with just $40k cash. Then collect money from rent to pay for loan and eventually get the full $200k back. Not taking into considerations of capital appreciation. Neat huh?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah bro that was my earlier post. Later i corrected myself to the huge jam.

We were stuck for more than 2 hours.

Freakin annoying. Pay so much. still have to get roasted at the Immigration.

Atleast the jam at CIQ moves. At Tuas it just remains clogged up....

Despite bumper-bumper traffic at CIQ my wife and I are usually able to clear it in less than an hour.

But at TUAS it just seems impossible when there is a huge jam.

U sure Tuas no jam on Sat which is the first day of holidays? When i entered Singapore from tuas around 12pm, the other direction heading to jb custom was jamed packed for at least 1 km.. when i returned to jb at night, around 9pm, the jam was about 500m long!!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for highlighting this.

I think we must always high light crime.

When we do not highlight crime people assume that either there is no crime or that its a way of life.

The gun shot incident happened about 5-7km from Horizon Hills and about 1-2km from Sutera Utama. I know that place well as I often makan my breakfast at the mama shop. Its actually a place in Tun Aminah and car-jacking is quite prevalent when I cheong there about 5 years ago. Its quite common to have car-jacking and the culprits simply drove away the car. Usually happens at night after 12mn but it dont make front page news.. Most of the times not even in the news as its quite a common occurence in JB then.

Was quite disappointed about this shooting incident. My friend who was there at 10am told me the body is still there and the floor is full of blood. JB is never safe, please be aware of your surroundings at all time

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my limited knowledge:

1) Incomeshield offers medical treatment overseas under the emergency conditions
wherein you unexpectedly require medical treatment overseas.
2) Overseas medical insurance plans are available.
3) Integrated medical plans (local + overseas ) are available too albiet at higher price.

Since we are on the subject of medical insurance, it will be good to check if the policies cover costs of medical treatment and hospitalisation incurred overseas.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my limited knowledge:

1) Incomeshield offers medical treatment overseas under the emergency conditions
wherein you unexpectedly require medical treatment overseas.
2) Overseas medical insurance plans are available.
3) Integrated medical plans (local + overseas ) are available too albiet at higher price.

Since most of us here are in JB for a good part of the time, perhaps its time to re-look at this option as I understand that certain insurance co/polices do extend the coverage for overseas treatment. With the promising medical facilities coming up in Iskandar, this should be a very important option.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now School holidays already Cathy from today.

So one month you can relax until so shiok.

Enjoy the peace, quiet and tranquility of your home.

No need to wake up, get kids ready and rush.

Enjoy the holidays.

Not really Professor. This week whole week son having remedial lessons. Last week whole week daughter having remedial lesson. Half day gone. Still gotta cross the boarder daily due to red plated car.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy which internet are you using? The one i am using is good for normal browsing. Not for high end.

But good enough for me and my wife to work.

Professor, not intending to apply for any internet connection yet. I have Starhub mobile currently and am mostly in Singapore on weekday. So have to do with not having any internet connection on weekend until son finishes his PSLE. He is a facebook game addict. Good to make him go cold turkey for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.