• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is as long as we are working, we don't need to use/activate Medishield as we have our company's insurance to cover us. However, once we retire at 65, the Medishield stops coverage too. So in another word, we are paying for something we won't need as long as we are working and when you need it the most, we don't have it unlike civil servants and family are covered till death. This is so unfair.

Also, medisheild covers you up to the age of 80. After 80 year old, you are on your own. Just when you need it most. And a lot of things are not covered under it. Like kidney dialysis, eye operations, cancer treatments...etc which are most commonly needed.

Getting extra coverage for yourself is also very very expensive. The premiums will deplete all your medisave funds as the years goes by because it gets more expensive as you age. And not 100% covered too. Only up to a maximum of 90% of your permitted claim. You gotta pay another extra which I feel it is sky high just to cover another 10% of the balance.

Thats why to be frugal and save up as much as you could during your healthy years is very important so as not to be caught off guard when you are old and needs money for medical treatments.

There a the saying of 'Can die but cannot fall sick!'

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, medisheild covers you up to the age of 80. After 80 year old, you are on your own. Just when you need it most. And a lot of things are not covered under it. Like kidney dialysis, eye operations, cancer treatments...etc which are most commonly needed.

Getting extra coverage for yourself is also very very expensive. The premiums will deplete all your medisave funds as the years goes by because it gets more expensive as you age. And not 100% covered too. Only up to a maximum of 90% of your permitted claim. You gotta pay another extra which I feel it is sky high just to cover another 10% of the balance.

Thats why to be frugal and save up as much as you could during your healthy years is very important so as not to be caught off guard when you are old and needs money for medical treatments.

There a the saying of 'Can die but cannot fall sick!'

The website AP directed to states coverage upto 85 years old.

At the rate health cost is moving up, it would be difficult for majority of S'porean/SPR to save for retirement and medical for 2 person after paying off mortgage & kids education.

Though we are considered above average income earners, it is scary just to think of it. Keeping my fingers cross that an apportunity would pan out. Then I can stop worrying.

Don't understand how our ex-MOH pays only $8.80 for heart operation?

Had never used medishield so far. Based on your explaination it is clearly not enough and lifetime claim is only S$200,000.

On a separate note, have anyone of you opted out of eldershield?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The website AP directed to states coverage upto 85 years old.

At the rate health cost is moving up, it would be difficult for majority of S'porean/SPR to save for retirement and medical for 2 person after paying off mortgage & kids education.

Though we are considered above average income earners, it is scary just to think of it. Keeping my fingers cross that an apportunity would pan out. Then I can stop worrying.

Don't understand how our ex-MOH pays only $8.80 for heart operation?

Had never used medishield so far. Based on your explaination it is clearly not enough and lifetime claim is only S$200,000.

On a separate note, have anyone of you opted out of eldershield?

You forgotten that he has a fat pay cheque and he can just cover himself with as much insurance as he wants for himself. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm.....

The Rm 3 Plan from Digi works fantastic for me. Again i am no Digi Sales man. Huhu.

I am just enjoying this cheap service.

I am using my Galaxy tab as a modem and ofcourse now i have some sort of a Wi Fi at home.

So my wife and I can log in and use the Rm 3??

Sounds cool eh.

Tell you honestly the Digi Rm 3 service is better than my M1 postpaid 3g data plan.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did my bit for nature again.

I was watering the plants in my garden and then went on to water the pine trees on the lil grass patch outside my home.

Could not help notice that my neighbour next dour had planted four sapplings on his little green patch.

It was yesterday once more.

My neighbour not at home.

so i watered the plants for him.

Remembered my childhood.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did my bit for nature again.

I was watering the plants in my garden and then went on to water the pine trees on the lil grass patch outside my home.

Could not help notice that my neighbour next dour had planted four sapplings on his little green patch.

It was yesterday once more.

My neighbour not at home.

so i watered the plants for him.

Remembered my childhood.

Professor, you are a great neighbour! Giving you a pat on your shoulder! :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Cathy.

I hope my neighbour appreciates me as much as you do.

I saw the sapplings my neighbour had planted (4 coconut and 1 mango)

My neighbour is nowhere in sight.

Worse he has no electic lightings done yet or any furniture in the house.

No reno either.

so from the looks of it, its gonna be a long time before he makes this place his home.

I was watering my plants.

I could not bear to see the 4 sapplings suffer. Water does not cost. Just a bit of time and the job is done.

so i did it.

I told my maid also to water my neighbours plants unless he tells us specifically not to.

Professor, you are a great neighbour! Giving you a pat on your shoulder! :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW i have lovely little humming birds visiting my home. The kids love them.

Wow! I wish I have birds visiting my house. Home in Tampines, I also have birds of different types coming into my house. Sometime they fly in from the left side of the living room, and fly out from the right. Haven't seen any birds flying into my house in ST yet.

Now I'm going back to ST liao.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should visit your home too unless someone disturbs them.

Nice to hear them chirp.

Actually quite a few birds out here. Different types i have noticed. But i dunno their names.

Wow! I wish I have birds visiting my house. Home in Tampines, I also have birds of different types coming into my house. Sometime they fly in from the left side of the living room, and fly out from the right. Haven't seen any birds flying into my house in ST yet.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky i never cut down the MBJB tree or whoever planted that tree.

It started flowering already.

Surprisingly only my tree is flowering though all of us around here in my precint have the same tree (or atleast most of us)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally the construction work behind my home is coming to an end. Hopefully there will be lesser mozzies from now on due to the abscence of water logging.

Now the roads behind my home (as in the next precint) are all tarred, just paint works and fitting works remain.

So life will get more peaceful

and it will be brighter and livelier too with more neighbours.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now School holidays already Cathy from today.

So one month you can relax until so shiok.

Enjoy the peace, quiet and tranquility of your home.

No need to wake up, get kids ready and rush.

Enjoy the holidays.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was monitoring the skycam earlier trying to find the right time to get home. damn the heavy traffic so i switched to 2nd link instead. breezed home pretty promptly within 1 hour despite the much longer journey. the causeway is still bumper to bumper traffic for now. urgh i cannot wait to shift over closer to the 2nd link.

Status
Not open for further replies.