• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
TESCO good right? Rarely crowded.

And they quickly open additional counters when there is more traffic at the checkout counters.

The price is reasonable too.

Yeah market is for the buzz. I agree.

Tesco is currently my fav, followed by Carrefour. Less of Giant and Jusco.

Visiting market for the buzz and for a change too.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to figure out the "birds will visit after weeds are pulled". I am not a great Bio student. I hated Bio more because of my teachers.

So i asked my wife to explain the above within quotes. Now i understand.

No butterflies yet. Still waiting.

My bio sucks... I dun even know the names of insects/birds. My kids are better than me.

Don't understand why birds will come after weeds are pulled. I pulled out all the weeds but didn't see any birds coming this way?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy hire me leh on weekends.

I am a bit expensive.

You can then sit down and relax...

I still have not settle down well in ST. There are tonnes of things to pack and unpack. Not enough cabinets and cupboards to store my things. For the pass Sundays I have be washing cleaning packing. My tenents have not fully moved out of my flats. So weekdays I'm here to clean and clean, weekends I'm in ST to clean and clean too. I'm so tired!

I planted 1 onion on my gardening patch. It feels nice to know that I will have spring onions ready for cooking next week. :P I also planted a potato yesterday. Wondering how many potatos I will get in the end. Anyone into organic planting? Am also thinking of planting ginger, carrots and some sweet potatos. Can share with me how many of those will I get if I planted 1 of them each? Or is it plant 1 get 1? How about its time frame?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Professor, is it necessary to wear a pair of gloves when you are pulling out the weeds?

Thanks again for the advise.:o

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah bro. Hit Crimes or targetted crimes as part of syndicates i am fine with that.

I am just cheezed of when we are looked upon as lame ducks waiting to be massacred and savoured.

Agreed though we shouldn't dwell on it to the extent that we get controlled by fear. The gunman shooting was clearly a hit crime, hit crimes can happen everywhere, the one eye dragon guy was one and he escaped to Malaysia and was apprehended there.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessary Cathy. My grandmother (landlord) last time would do them bare handed. And oh my !! How much of weed she would pull out you know? I dun think i can ever come close.

But for us city breds i think gloves are essential. Cause even minute nicks and cuts are painful to us.

So better wear gloves i presume.

Professor, is it necessary to wear a pair of gloves when you are pulling out the weeds?

Thanks again for the advise.:o

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi you are right.

The house in Johore must be a joy.

It should be a WIP with no deadlines.

Then its easier to enjoy.

If we push ourselves to meet deadlines we end up stressing ourselves up no end.

To be honest my home is only now nearing completion.

Still many things to do. But id rather just leave it as it is.

No need to be perfect though opionions may differ here.

Even for gardening i notice my neighbours got deadlines.

No need one...

Do it yourself. If you got money get the landscapers to do it.

Else do it yourself... A little at a time.

That should be fine.

Hey Cathylmg, i suspect AP would be better equipped to advise on growing stuff. It would take a while to settle down, do it slowly and as a work in progress rather than put a firm date on it. If you must, give yourself 6 months as a target(if you don't have a fixed deadline), things will slowly and surely fall in place.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The top soil in my garden was very clayey.

Initially i did not understand this nor did i realise it.

So i was aghast when i noticed my plants were not growing in most parts of the garden.

To add to it my maid who is a farmer was none the wiser.

Finally when i spoke to one of the landscapers we discovered the top soil as too clayey which makes it difficult for the roots to penetrate through them causing the plants to wilt, turn yellowish and die.

So the gardener asked me to change about 6-8 inches of the top soil or even a foot if possible.

But then i realised that Setia had not disturbed much of the soil ... just the top soil....

So i realised that i could change the top soil myself in those areas where i am planting new plants or replanting the old ones.

So you see i solved this problem myself. No need to waste money on the landscapers.

Imagine my bittergourd which should be green came out white... I had no courage to eat it. He he...

So during this hols i will tend to all my plants.

I will try to take them out one by one and replant them by adding gardening soil/black soil.

Still trying to figure out which is better garden soil or black soil?

My gut says garden soil because of its aeration abilities though i know black soil is rich in nutrients too.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently i got chilly, mint, lemongrass, guava, holy basil and some flowers.

Onion plant grew nicely and died.

So a lot of disappointments are involved.

But if you keep to a steady pace of tending to them over time you will be pleased with the results.

I guess the lack of time and therefore the lack of watering and nurturing causes the plants to fail.

I planted 1 onion on my gardening patch. It feels nice to know that I will have spring onions ready for cooking next week. :P I also planted a potato yesterday. Wondering how many potatos I will get in the end. Anyone into organic planting? Am also thinking of planting ginger, carrots and some sweet potatos. Can share with me how many of those will I get if I planted 1 of them each? Or is it plant 1 get 1? How about its time frame?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this condition, Nusajaya is only good for retirees.

Your post made me think a bit. Can I also add for the financial minimalists as I am too =) JB suits me perfect, of cos it helps me to save and the quality of life is improved. but to make the most out of it, one just have to find arrangements like the retirees. Going to sg on my own terms and timing always outside peak hours or against the direction of heavy traffic (except for the rare occasion where off peak also jam thankfully the alternative 2nd link is ok in such situations). Which means identifying a job that allows you to creatively play with your time. Otherwise in situations like you mentioned would only bring more stress into life.

I also think retirement should be spread around our lives rather than concentrated in 1 block right at the end. I would imagine myself being bored to death and getting senile as soon as my work ends for good. And we will not be physically equipped to enjoy what hardwork has afforded us then.

As for children, Hangyong you mentioned about creating stress for them if they commute, well some see it as character molding but I say alternatives could be had to. Marlborough is coming up soon and with it I suspect a whole plethora of international schools in the niche developments. This in collaboration with Universities setting up shop could well mean your child would never need to go back to sg!

A lot of people think SG offers a good education. But there are much demerits to the system based on merits as some of you have rightly pointed out. One of which is extreme detest of academic work plus the dragging of feet to go to school stealing every last interest to study. This is where the foreign brand of education may work as I myself have realized when I left the shores in pursuit of a university education previously. i never knew class could be so fun and exciting even at higher tertiary level!

So in conclusion, take charge of your life and find clever elegant alternatives. Don't be bound by rules and regulations. Form your own rule and get the best out of living in JB =)

Meng968

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went in to Austin Height last Sunday. The house there is very nice and the security seem quite good. The fencing is brick wall rather than Wire fence. We try enter the compound and the 1st guard told us that the showflat is over.
But when we go to another guard house, told him we wanted to visit the sales office. The guard ask for my driving license in exchange for a security pass to enter to their sales office beside their club house.

But too bad, all the houses are fully sold. They say they will be launching new unit around July/august and ask me to fill up a form so that they can inform me when there is a new launch.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
also i just found out over the weekend that it is very beneficial to establish good relationships with whichever service providers you use. I went back to a furniture shop in Molek the sales lady remembered me. I told her I'll be getting furniture from there again and she worked out a fair bit of goodies for me even I dropped my jaws. giving me steep discounts as well as free delivery as far as LF/EL/LH however far I need it sent to! (and this is no discount store)

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope those people spearheading nusajaya project will also work hand in hand with immigration to make traffic jam less painful than now. Most of the time it is on M'sia ends, so it is good to regulate with increase lane and clearing stations on peak holiday season. Yesterday jam at causeway is due mostly the design on roads leading to custom, merging traffics from more lanes to less lanes is bound to cause frustration. It was a good 2 hours from Pelangi to m'sia custom and a 5 mins thru Singapore custom.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be roasted well.

He he....

I think for germination you need water, air and warmth if i am not wrong.

So you may wanna dig up in some place put in some garden soil place the seeds in and then cover it up with some garden soil and water it once-twice a day depending on how much sun scorches your garden patch.

You will also notice thru trial and error some parts of ur garden will have better foliage compared to other parts.

Someone gave me a packet of chye sim seeds. Still don't know how to start planting it. If I just put it on the soil will it be cooked under the hot blazing sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.