• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL Fails Miserably as a PM

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is whether that person wanted to be held responsible or take full responsiblity. If you look at SMRT saga, the ex-CEO already run road with her millions. This is a foregone conclusion that all other PAP members will do likewise when the systems they created messed up big time.

pappies and ass-ociates are smart enough to "run road" with golden parachutes and millions. oppo members are no different except that they run road with their pants down and nothing else to show for. who was the latest oppo member to run road again? care to give an answer? :p

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He managed to con the entire world. Singapore failed to get any sanctions or No-Fly Zones or suspension of imports unlike Burma, Libya and North Korea

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee is highly intelligent with a first class Maths degree from Cambridge and very good in languages (being trilingual) which is a rarity. He is competent enough and a hard working man. Nobody understands the problems facing Singapore more than him (and his father). We are a very small nation with no natural resources and all our neighbours are catching up. We cannot have winners all the time and the two IRs probably are our last trump cards. For our long term survival, we may have to go the merger route. Just hope that Malaysia will like what China did to Hong Kong and grant us autonomy and guarantee us no change in our lifestyle for x no. of years. When i retire, the first thing I would do is to take lesson in Bahasa Melayu.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee is highly intelligent with a first class Maths degree from Cambridge and very good in languages (being trilingual) which is a rarity. He is competent enough and a hard working man. Nobody understands the problems facing Singapore more than him (and his father). We are a very small nation with no natural resources and all our neighbours are catching up. We cannot have winners all the time and the two IRs probably are our last trump cards. For our long term survival, we may have to go the merger route. Just hope that Malaysia will like what China did to Hong Kong and grant us autonomy and guarantee us no change in our lifestyle for x no. of years. When i retire, the first thing I would do is to take lesson in Bahasa Melayu.

SG's lack of resources is no different now than in 1965. I see that you are resigned that SG will fail as a country but I think your hope is not optimal. Maybe you shd consider migrating to a true firstt world countyr like aus, canada, usa, or NZ. forget abt MY...otherwise you may have to move again in the future

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What has the economy got to do with COEs? Instead of a a free market the gov is strangling the supply nerves to its bursting point. Real disposal income did not rise for the common men on the road neither was wealth generated. Wealth is imported and the rich FTs are driving up the cars and houses to their new heights. This give an impression that local Singaporeans are getting richer and that's credits to PAP's excellent handling of economy from an external observer who has no idea what the average Singaporeans are really going through.

Absolutely!!!

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ones who want it probably can't do the job, only know how to complain. The ones who can do the job don't want it, they also only want to be armchair critics.

True, well-stated. I like it.

It is like being "between the devil and the deep blue sea".

What to do?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree..he lacks the leadership to get his ministers to perform and the foresight to anticipate problems. He is a poor judge of human character and ability

As a judge, I am fair.

I don't need to "reserve judgement".

Based on the above, I hereby deliver my verdict,

"That the accused LHL is not fit to be the Prime Minister. How he became a BG is another mystery"

Court Dismiss....

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

As a judge, I am fair.

I don't need to "reserve judgement".

Based on the above, I hereby deliver my verdict,

"That the accused LHL is not fit to be the Prime Minister. How he became a BG is another mystery"

Court Dismiss....

How he became a BG ? Cos he is LKY'son.
Everyone knows except the Lee-mafia family.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee is highly intelligent with a first class Maths degree from Cambridge and very good in languages (being trilingual) which is a rarity. He is competent enough and a hard working man.....Just hope that Malaysia will like what China did to Hong Kong and grant us autonomy and guarantee us no change in our lifestyle for x no. of years. When i retire, the first thing I would do is to take lesson in Bahasa Melayu.

Kim Jung Il can get hole in 1 for a PAR5 range..... and is equally capable as LHL.

On a side note, good in study does not translate to good in implementation. Once you start hiring Masters and PHDs, you will understand what I mean.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kim Jung Il can get hole in 1 for a PAR5 range..... and is equally capable as LHL.

On a side note, good in study does not translate to good in implementation. Once you start hiring Masters and PHDs, you will understand what I mean.

So you're saying dont bother going to uni?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sir, A good statesman (especially a PM under the Constitution) need to have the following qualities:-

Thriftiness (living above board and not travelling in A380s or sitting in the top of old Mega-tops. Preferably sit in Economic Sewction)

Honesty (declaring all gifts that he and his family or delegation members received overseas)

Contentment (not greedy for money and high salary)

Capability to lead (not being led),

Far-sightedness (maintenance of friendship with neighbours and gaining their trust.)

Trustworthy (ability to win the confidence of the people),

Empathy and Sympathy (ability to feel how the down-trodden feels and sympathise with them) - those born with the golden spoon in the mouth fail in this area for they just do not know the true meaning of sympathy.

Accountable : (Report to the people about official visits, public money used, etc..)

Formidable (ability to have the strength to control those below him)

Above Board (NEVER ALLOW NEPOTISM or CRONYISM to develop).

What else, dear readers.............?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and so? not much to disturb there

SG has control of the huge expanse of airspace from India to Vietnam. ICAO has been kind to SG despite the protests of other countries. Will this ICAO favour last for long or will SG's control of the airspace be taken away in the near future?