• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting People You Met During National Service

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last time mah. 18 years old still no ATBs. That time, it was Indonesian Chinese. My first love was an Indonesian Chinese girl. Went with my mother to see me in Tekong during parent visiting day. Then 2 weeks later, fly off to Wisconsin to study without telling me :(

My first love was also an indonesian chinese. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first love was also an indonesian chinese. :biggrin:
i had my share of indo chinese gfs back then in school. most were farking loaded and here only to study till O or A levels.....
if i played cards right now rightly indo tycoon liao...wasted

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i had my share of indo chinese gfs back then in school. most were farking loaded and here only to study till O or A levels.....
if i played cards right now rightly indo tycoon liao...wasted

Yup, unfortunately, no suck luck. I had an ex indo gf who stayed in Four Seasons Park when we was studying here. She was 15 and I was 20. The father called and asked me to meet him, and ask me to fuck off :(

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, were you from tekong or Nee Soon? I was the last batch who used Tekong Camp 1. This Tekong Camp 1 is the famous Charlie Company camp ground. The one that the bunk has a locked door. That was true. I saw it with my eyes. That bunk was turned into a lecture room.

Bro don't if its true, but one of the Officer there told us back then, they did engaged the services of a priest to cleanse the place..

Azure

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eons ago, there was an OC in a training camp who was a mentally challenged ex-national squash player. Condemned to be LT for the rest of his signed-on career, he threatened NCOs with poor performance reports so that they cannot matriculate at the local university.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one who took over this asshole was an Indian and he was one of the nicest Indian I knew. Till now, if I go back for ICT and met him, we still talk. I met him at Wallaby last year.

By the way brother, why all your postings all ended up in Rubbish Heap?

Not all cos there's some bias supermod controlled by screwball. You dunno meh?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of a Brigade Commander who also was Deputy Head of a section in MINDEF HQ. Soon he was knocked out of the Brigade and also demoted from MINDEF HQ to plans officer in the Medical HQ. Change of religion me thinks.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like raider, I too from tekong to armour. But I from camp 3 and go armour as riflemen. The ride from commando jetty to gedong I ever had in saf 5 tonner. In a way I had the posting I want as my hero was Rommel. I know what I am going into as I had a secondary mate in 40sar who told me what it like it armour as he conscripted one year earlier than me. I ever been an armskoteman and storeman during my NSF and met my share of DOs from lazy to by the book. Meet many hq ppl during to my additional duty as armskoteman. That where all the jialiaobee chao keng keilings be at. We riflemen only had boots on the last stretch but cannot kit exchange while those cq keling have new boots. Learn by sight that the worst officer appointment in sar battalion were the MTO and SO who both can sign extra duties for weeks at stretch as they come to clear arms.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met LEE KUAN YEW....
But he was a 30 year old sgt with mental history.

Yes, there was a CPL Lee Kuan Yew in School of Armour during the late 1979 and early 1980s! Maybe, later he got promoted.

But I didn't know that he had a mental problem!

When Lee Hsien Yang, (then LTA , later CPT) was posted to Sch of Armour, first as a trainee and later remained as an instructor in AOB, within earshot of Lee Hsien Yang, when CPL Lee Kuan Yew was around, his colleagues would yell "Fucking Lee Kuan Yew!"