• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting People You Met During National Service

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one who took over this asshole was an Indian and he was one of the nicest Indian I knew. Till now, if I go back for ICT and met him, we still talk. I met him at Wallaby last year.

By the way brother, why all your postings all ended up in Rubbish Heap?

You put him there and you want to ask?

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
A retired LTC (my CO in NSF, then a major) who lost his life savings investing in CLOB shares, and who now lives on his pension in an HDB apartment in Yishun.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
I will never forget my RSM who is from the same batch as tiger hong and encik shamsuddin,he is a drunk and would keep boasting
of how he fought the communist in the jungle as a young soldier in the 60s.
i've just completed my BMT and being a newbie to my new camp,one day during fall in parade this bugger ask we newbies is there any question we would like to ask and i remember raising my hand and ask in a shivering tone...
encik my friend tell me NS is a waste of time..is it true...holy shit no joke...he shouted at me in a thunderous voice and
says you stupid boy....never ever trust your neighbours understand..now give me 20 push up and run 5 round the parade square
as a punishment for insurbordination..
several years later i heard he was honorably discharged cause he was drunk while driving mindef gp car after drinks at the officcer mess
the car knocked down a cyclist and ended in the longkang..
2yrs ago i saw him in sentosa and he told me he is in 69yrs old n is now a small time reno contractor,seeing me carrying a race book and knowing that i do bet on horses he ask me for a winning tip and i kindly give him a horse that eat grass.:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this guy who before passing out had gone to a photo studio and took a series of photos in uniform. This photo were found by his bunk mates. He also used to take his girlfriend to 5 star hotels on long weekends. After NS he signed on as regular and once in a while see him in full uniform in supermarket and public places. At his wedding, full ceremonial with sword and all.

Couple of us during reunions would talk about him. We then realised that this guy was crazy about uniforms and 5 star hotels. One day read in the news that he hanged himself. Later found out his credit card bills nearly all from 5 star hotels and he was heavily in debt. Also found that he even signed for private evening courses and turn up in uniform.

Very unusual chap, quiet but style was important.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4. btw, i was from st pat too.
5. hahaha!

Hi, there
1. Then you must be some one i knew
2. I from the I.B. era.

My BMT training too senang.
why, because all the NCOs that trained us
just passed out, and very green in training recuits.
During stand by bed, we always kena punishment,
only drop ten, and we refused to do, we gave excuse
that the training was tough today, so owe ten first.
Don't know how many times we owed already, until today
still owe.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I dare to do, I dare to admit. When I say no, then it's not me. I speak my mind. Won't twist and turn. By the way, I think you are an asshole.

Oops you found me out.:biggrin: It takes a real life asshole to know an online one. Grow up and stop being so insecure about yourself.:(

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes yes ....I think he could have got promoted. But when i ROD he was still a major.

Most 1st batch OCT's became LTC or Col before they left SAF. Only a very few like Lee Kee Kum whose home was raided because he jilted a woman who reported he had live ammunition at home.